Mark Burchill Is Clueless

50ShadesofBlue

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being physical is okay to an extent, but FOOTBALL teams going out to break legs all game is not okay.

A few bad tackles is a bit different from 'trying' to break a leg - when Halliday got booked he was 'lucky' that his tackle did not connect - but that's part and parcel of the game - if we start shirking away from the physical side all that will do is encourage more physicality against us.

A few bad tackles is a bit different from 'trying' to break a leg - when Halliday got booked he was 'lucky' that his tackle did not connect - but that's part and parcel of the game - if we start shirking away from the physical side all that will do is encourage more physicality against us.

doh

There's really no point arguing with you. "A few bad tackles" as you put underestimates the horrific tackles that they actually were. The whole game was "bad tackles". Did you actually watch the game? I can't believe that you actually find this acceptable.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs recalled their player after last night

In the incident that led to DW being talked to we had 4 players pulled back in the same move . I agree with the ref playing advantage until we lost the ball, but he booked the last player for his pull and ignored the other 3. where's the logic in that

doh

There's really no point arguing with you. "A few bad tackles" as you put underestimates the horrific tackles that they actually were. The whole game was "bad tackles". Did you actually watch the game? I can't believe that you actually find this acceptable.

I wouldn't worry

doh

Wouldn't worry to much about this clown.This is the same guy who thought Kenny Miller had a good 90 minutes on Saturday!.

Wonder if he would have the same blasé approach to these tackles if his hero was still in charge of the team.Funny feeling he would have a different approach to these "few bad tackles" just a bitter fool who is needing to have a look at himself and stop pretending he is behind the manager and team because his warped shit comments give it away.Just cant face the FACT that someone is doing a better job than his beloved.

We're discussing 'dangerous' tackles not '50-50, hard, part of the game' challenges but i think you know that but as usual you're on here to wind up Rangers fans, there cant be any other reason for it.

How Burchill can come out with that shite is beyond belief, after 10 seconds, if the Ref had a pair a balls the tackle on Oduwa would have been straight red.

In any other game by the end of 90 minutes livi would have been reduced to 8 men.

The Ref was very poor last night, burchill is a clown and as for BP9 he needs to withdraw his head from Ally's Arse, he might then see the game properly and come to the same conclusions as the 99.99% majority see's it.

still the same principle from my post goes, other countries usually always have far more technical ability than Scotland even if they are nearly the same size.

So do Uruguay, and they have 3 million population which is 2 million less than Scotland. With 2 million less population Uruguay have Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid one of worlds finest CB's), Luis Suarez (needs no intro), Jose Maria Giminez (one of the worlds best up and coming young CBs for Atletico Madrid), Martin Caceres (Juventus Defender), Gaston Ramirez (Southampton CAM/CF), Edinson Cavani (PSG one of the worlds top 10 strikers), Abel Hernandez (Hull City Striker in english prem), Pereira (Porto Defender), Diego Forlan (a fine striker who is getting old) there is also a lot of other Uruguayan players who I don't know of but are probably technically good too

Maybe the difference in the level of technical skills with our nation could be partly because of we have a lot of Hammer Thrower managers like Burchill (Livi) who don't really have a clue in actuality compared to a real coach/manager like Mark Warburton (he used to be a coach too I am sure a youth coach, and he does his homework on it and that's part of why he is so good) who actually knows how to do training that helps the players and makes them better, instead of sending his team out and they can't even string 6 passes together without losing the ball normally, and they just tell their players to 'dig in' or stuff like that, and the standard is so poor even when they are in possession that it looks like a school match with older guys who look poor even when they are in possession of the ball, and look like they can't even control or pass the ball properly

The difference is due to the fact that many South American stars started out playing football on the beaches and in the streets as kids whilst our kids are stuck in front of a console playing Football Manager or similar and moaning that Rangers aren't on it.

the tackles faced by our players last night were a disgrace to the game. at least two livi players should have walked under the c3 clause of persistently breaking the laws of the game but like his father he bottled it to many times. how he missed the card for the first tackle by goofy and the forearm smash I can only assume he never had contacts in. I don't like slating refs as a rule but this was a very poor performance I would hope the match assessor takes him apart. mind you in saying that he was probably to busy writing the mistakes down to catch most of them so he might get a on standard mark and believe it or not that is classed as a good mark instead of below the required standard which is the one he earned last night.

The big problem is at youth level, being a coach I know that all teams want now is a big lad who can lump the ball up the park to another big lad, there are better technical player playing junior football than there is playing in the championship with teams like livi, guys who just want to have a kicking match

The potential leg breaker from Gibbons was a shocking tackle worthy of a straight red card, as was the forearm to the throat!

The best way to deal with teams like Livingstone is to beat them, and hopefully contribute to their relegation!

As for their manager, short lived career if I ever seen one!

I expect the refs to do their job - I don't expect to be whinging and whining when it's a physical game - that's part of football - just watch the cheer when one of our lads goes in hard - no fucker whinges that we don't like it!

50/50 challenges and getting stuck in is no problem whatsoever.

Trying to intentionally injure/assault a player is another matter.

The cunt is on Clyde tonight I'm going to try and get through and ask him what his tactics were because it was more kick boxing and rugby tactics that I saw , il prob get cut off

You should ask him why he's on the radio rather than trying to work on his dreadful record as a 'boss'

The difference is due to the fact that many South American stars started out playing football on the beaches and in the streets as kids whilst our kids are stuck in front of a console playing Football Manager or similar and moaning that Rangers aren't on it.

:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Corky, my thoughts exactly.

It has nothing to do with Scotland lacking football skills compared to any other country.

It is as you say, and the reason we are behind in technical ability is because most of the countries compared to Scotland are nowhere near as "Computerised" as us.

The fact we don't have the amount of youngsters out playing football from dawn to dusk, as we had in the pre "A've goat it awe oan ma computur" years, is the sad fact as to why we are behind other countries technically.

Now If there was a world cup for being a Football manager, we probably would qualify hands down, and possibly win from time to time, but in the real world cups, as far as players are concerned, that will only happen when parents start getting their sons out and up the park and actually playing the game for real.

Sitting behind a computer and complaining about our lack of technical footballing abilities will not bring about changes, young people getting out and playing the game with passion is the only way this will happen.

The youth of today not getting physically involved are the main reason we have not got enough talent in this country going forward, no other reason holds water.

:uk: PS: Burchill is no Churchill ....... he is a loser.