Fans Groups

Bluefarm

Dunno, maybe what the media says doesnt bother me as much as some. Theyre jealous tarriers and we all know why. It amuses me more than anything.

Its like if you were dating a supermodel and your mate with the fat burd was like "aye but her tits arent as big as oor Senga's" - Its just jealousy and petty point scoring.

And anyway these issues should have been tackled 4 years ago, theres more important issues to deal with now, like ensuring promotion and selling STs next season.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We seem to be famous for our apathy and a soft touch. An easy target for the haters and this is a remnant of the Murray years.

Turning the other cheek does not work against people who's main aim is the destruction of our club and our tradition.

The current board pulled a masterstroke when they appointed W&W, but in the same respect they blundered when they appointed Cliff Graham (2011) and rewarded and aligned themselves with the boycotters. This was a slap in the face to the fans who stood by the club through thick and thin.

Anyone who wants to be the leader or voice of a fans group should automatically be excluded from such a position.

Which supporters group do you think represents how you feel and think?

None

Should the club be engaging more with fans, other than those they are friendly with?

Yes. Via a yearly review (similar to the one Wallace did) for a more balance opinion.

Should fans groups be disbanded and we allow the club to do what they think is best?

Yes. Groups should be disbanded as they create factionalism with-in the fan base, boards can be voted off if not performing

Should we have one group who deals directly with media lies and smears regarding our support?

No, this is an area that the club should be looking at, along with a legal team, as part of the boards governance.

Has any Rangers board ever listened to what the fans think or say?

Occasionally, it depends how practical it is for the club to action what demand the fans have, their first duty of care will always be to the shareholders

Its simple really, folk who lead these things should be beyond reproach and able to demonstrate they seek to serve and never take any favour unless expressly disclosed.

I don't agree with half of what D'art says and I don't agree with some of what VB admin say but im happy to say that I have never seen either of them seek to profit in any way and i'd go further in saying that I absolutely believe that both only want what is best for RFC irrespective of who is in control of the club.

Transparency should be an absolute for anyone who seeks to represent our support.

It doesn't happen because we are cliquish and apathetic. I'm only talking about my personal experiences of trying to get Bears to show force. For example, I organised the demonstrations at the BBC. I reckon we had about 350 and 250 Bears attending. Now, this was on match day and just along from the stadium. If Rangers fans can't be arsed demonstrating against an organisation steeped in hatred for our club and fans, then what will they protest about?

i couldnt disagree with that. People arent going to go out their way to demo even if its just a short walk from Brand St.Maybe having more political messaging inside the stadium could change that. Big screens could be used to put out anti- BBC messaging but i dont think the Board would be up for that after they lifted that wee runts ban after a fortnight.

I think that there should be a fans group made up from all the different fans groups we have now.

There could be one, or two, representatives from each group, it would be like a United Nations of Bears.

ATM we have too many different groups, one united group, that can sit with representatives from the club, to discuss, debate, and moan, about everything concerned with being a Bear.

It would also be really good to have one voice when we need to defend ourselves against our enemies, whether they be the media, politicians, or online fuckwits, and other Rangers haters.

I'm a Loyalist first and foremost who happens to support Rangers. Therefore the fans group who represents me best is Vanguard Bears. Aside for them being passionate Loyalists the work they do uncovering the bheasts and hypocrisy is astounding. No other group comes close.

The other fans groups actually pain me. They don't talk for me and never will. IMO most of the mouth pieces for them are cringe worthy.

I used to really like the Union Bears but they're far too ultra and happy-clappy for me now if I'm honest but at least they play their part adding a bit of color to Ibrox which should be applauded.

Very rarely do we see these so-called fans groups really going after the enemy - not one of them even wanted to do something to highlight the plight of us under McCoist either - in fact, to the contrary, they would sing songs in his honor and lick all around his arse at meetings.

Fans groups = self preservation and ego.

There appears to be nothing more divisive within the Rangers support ( Online ) than fans groups and individuals. However, In my opinion, many of these groups do more good than bad. Now, without anyone getting personal or aiming abuse at individuals, it would be interesting to read what most Bears think and want from these groups.

Should the club be engaging more with fans, other than those they are friendly with?

Should fans groups be disbanded and we allow the club to do what they think is best?

Should we have one group who deals directly with media lies and smears regarding our support?

As I said above, please don't get bogged down in abuse and confrontation, just say constructively who you feel represents the Rangers supporters best and how we can improve any fans to club communication.

VB

Yes, but currently they only consult those who suit their agenda, particularly those with offers of cash, smear campaigns and boycotts. It needs to end.

No, as the club will do what it wants anyway. Just stop the very obvious favouritism.

No, the club should be leading the way on this, which gives any retort more weight and credilbility, but fan groups should be publicly supportive of it. If we were to have one, it should be VB.

Yes, when it suits their agenda.

Its simple really, folk who lead these things should be beyond reproach and able to demonstrate they seek to serve and never take any favour unless expressly disclosed.

I don't agree with half of what D'art says and I don't agree with some of what VB admin say but im happy to say that I have never seen either of them seek to profit in any way and i'd go further in saying that I absolutely believe that both only want what is best for RFC irrespective of who is in control of the club.

Transparency should be an absolute for anyone who seeks to represent our support.

Ffs. I must be getting soft. First I'm agreeing with Sket, now I'm agreeing with thehost. Think I need a lie down.

Back in the day 'fans' groups' didn't exist......we were as one....a united support all backing the same team and fighting the common enemy.

Then, somewhere down the line the chance to make money from fellow supporters appeared on the scene and it's been downhill ever since.

There are more "fans' groups" than I've had hot dinners......and I'm a fat bastard.

I was one of the founding members of the RST (a below #40 two-digit membership number as it happens) however that was quickly hijacked by someone (no names no pack drill) in the sentence above.

A great idea ruined.

As others have noted, The Vanguard Bears aren't in it for fame or fortune....they are there to defend our traditions and they do exactly what it says on their tin.

They'll do for me.

There appears to be nothing more divisive within the Rangers support ( Online ) than fans groups and individuals. However, In my opinion, many of these groups do more good than bad. Now, without anyone getting personal or aiming abuse at individuals, it would be interesting to read what most Bears think and want from these groups.

As I said above, please don't get bogged down in abuse and confrontation, just say constructively who you feel represents the Rangers supporters best and how we can improve any fans to club communication.

The only Group i see that cares about the club and not furthering their own agendas or using the club as their own cash cow is VB.

I'm not a member of Any Group.

The only Group i see that cares about the club and not furthering their own agendas or using the club as their own cash cow is VB.

I'm not a member of Any Group.

I wonder if we'll see accounts from their donations...transparency and all that :lol:

Fan groups are a waste of time imo. If fans want to get behind something then there's a football club there that would suffice. No need to separate into wee cliques to try pretend you're better fans than than another wee clique.

I wonder if we'll see accounts from their donations...transparency and all that :lol:

Fan groups are a waste of time imo. If fans want to get behind something then there's a football club there that would suffice. No need to separate into wee cliques to try pretend you're better fans than than another wee clique.

You want to meet any VB'S and look at their account, just say the word. Although, there will be feck all to look at, as they don't keep any cash, it goes on Rangers shares, donations to Loyalist causes, CCTV in the PUL hub on Duke st and Erskine.

£600 was handed over to Twaddle peace camp 3 weeks ago and another £100 to the YCV flute bands legal costs.

A strictly not for profit website and strictly adhered to by about 8 individuals.

PS all costs for the website are met by admin.

You want to meet any VB'S and look at their account, just say the word. Although, there will be feck all to look at, as they don't keep any cash, it goes on Rangers shares, donations to Loyalist causes, CCTV in the PUL hub on Duke st and Erskine.

£600 was handed over to Twaddle peace camp 3 weeks ago and another £100 to the YCV flute bands legal costs.

A strictly not for profit website and strictly adhered to by about 8 individuals.

PS all costs for the website are met by admin.

Should probably get rid of the donate button on the homepage then. ;)

Why?

"This site prevails due to the

sterling efforts of volunteers for no

financial gain. If you wish, you

can donate to VB running costs

by clicking the button below"

"All costs are met by admin"

So where does the money donated to their "running costs" go?

Profiteers, blue pound etc etc

Bwhahaha you never fail to show your hatred of good Rangers fans. If you have any concerns about financial matters, please say so and we can meet and discuss. However, I would suggest you stop making snide accusations and smearing people.

People usually ignore your pish, but they won't do so if you're accusing innocent people of blagging.

Amy cash goes to Loyalist causes, Erskine, Twaddle and a band's legal costs. What is it you don't get about this?

PS every VB member is kept up to date on these matters.

Bwhahaha you never fail to show your hatred of good Rangers fans. If you have any concerns about financial matters, please say so and we can meet and discuss. However, I would suggest you stop making snide accusations and smearing people.

People usually ignore your push, but they won't do so if you're accusing innocent people of blagging.

I haven't accused anyone of anything not have I smeared anyone. Im just making the same demands of one group that's made of all.

If money donated goes to meet "running costs" which "costs" are covered by admin?

I haven't accused anyone of anything not have I smeared anyone. Im just making the same demands of one group that's made of all.

If money donated goes to meet "running costs" which "costs" are covered by admin?

I'll pass on your concerns to those who you are insuating are up to no good.

ive been a member of vb around 7 years

never once have I been asked for money

on a number of occasions, over the years, I have offered reasonably substantial sums of money (four figures) for certain things

never once have they taken a penny off me

I am happy, in my judgement, that says VB admin are trustworthy individuals and I have seen nothing, these last 7 years, that gives me any reason to review said judgement. This is coming from someone who has never knowingly met any VB admin. I wouldn't know them from adam.