A Guest Writer Says "hullo Hullo"

D'Artagnan

Fair enough, but my post was not about your intention, it was about what the reaction could be to us and the other clubs who sing variations on the TBB.

We all love TBB - and the author is right it's the 'Hullo Hullo' that is the essence of the anthem nothing else. But until something changes - like the club endorsing it, or some real clarification on what is 'right and wrong' why would we help undermine our own reputation? Also we have our ouw idiots, who know that fenian is the word that lets us down but would be determined to sing that no matter what - again causing issues .

Fair enough, but my post was not about your intention, it was about what the reaction could be to us and the other clubs who sing variations on the TBB.

I think we need to think this through T.

If we ammend the words to something which cannot in any way be deemed sectarian - what are they going to complain about - a tune ?

We surrendered far too tamely on TBB along with a multitude of other things,under SDM and Bain we went down the road of appeasement and being bullied into giving up parts of our songbook and heritage without a fight.

The clubs board no matter who it is will not upset the applecart so it will be left up to us the Rangers fans to fight the fight again if indeed it's not too late already.

If we ammend the words to something which cannot in any way be deemed sectarian - what are they going to complain about - a tune ?

A tune with associations. simply changing the words to "Celtic blood" will invite as much attention and criticism, and potential backlash, I fear, and there is no way Rangers could or would endorse it.

I don't see why the club can't have a statement supporting the amendment or not. The fact that it is a gray area is a problem. Of course.. there is nothing wrong with the amended version. And, as the author points out... it is used by various fans across the country. Common sense however, doesn't seem to be prevailing though.

Instead of all the arguments that singing ANY version of the song could bring, why not WHISTLE IT.

40,000+ fans whistling that would send out a strong message, without any danger of repercussions.

For fuck sake what have we become? I really do despair, why the fuck do we need the club to endorse what the fans want to sing, no other club does it with their fans so why the fuck should ours, as long as we don't use Fenian Then fuck them all.

As long as the club try to convince us not to sing offensive words then they are doing their duty, and as the rules stand ATM there is fuck all that the footballing authorities can do to harm us, it would then be up to individual's not to get arrested for going against the law.

No matter what version is used we should not expect the club to endorse it, and nor will it, but in saying that the only time I would expect a statement from the club is if and when we do get targeted when using non politically sensitive songs, I would then expect them to ask whoever is targeting us, why is it ok for fans of other clubs to sing their versions without repercussions but our club are alone in being targeted?

Whatever happened to no surrender?

For fuck sake what have we become? I really do despair, why the fuck do we need the club to endorse what the fans want to sing, no other club does it with their fans so why the fuck should ours, as long as we don't use Fenian Then fuck them all.

As long as the club try to convince us not to sing offensive words then they are doing their duty, and as the rules stand ATM there is fuck all that the footballing authorities can do to harm us, it would then be up to individual's not to get arrested for going against the law.

No matter what version is used we should not expect the club to endorse it, and nor will it, but in saying that the only time I would expect a statement from the club is if and when we do get targeted when using non politically sensitive songs, I would then expect them to ask whoever is targeting us, why is it ok for fans of other clubs to sing their versions without repercussions but our club are alone in being targeted?

Whatever happened to no surrender?

Spot on mate