Hallidays sending off

lewisrfc93

12 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Big Lee saying there that the ref said you can't gesture towards the fans, so why do players giving it the ssshh to away fans after they score never get booked.

Good point.

It appears the only rule that could apply to celebration is leaving the field, which he couldn't have been further from doing.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules per FIFA guidlines:

While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive.

Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive time-wasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player must be cautioned if:

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory

• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored

• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt

• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the fi eld of play as soon as possible.

Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Rules per FIFA guidlines:

While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive.

Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive time-wasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player must be cautioned if:

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory

• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored

• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt

• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the fi eld of play as soon as possible.

Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal.

Cheers I wasn't able to C&P that from the PDF for some reason.

So his celebration wasn't provocative, derisory or inflammatory and the ref didn't show common sense.

Call it a ticket to the Killie game. Just let me know where I'm sitting (tu)

4 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Cheers I wasn't able to C&P that from the PDF for some reason.

So his celebration wasn't provocative, derisory or inflammatory and the ref didn't show common sense.

Call it a ticket to the Killie game. Just let me know where I'm sitting (tu)

In that case Neil Lennon gesturing to us all those years ago with his hand in the air, then smoking the fake cigar wasn't provocative, derisory or inflammatory then....?

Call it a pint a cider in the louden.

16 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Good point.

It appears the only rule that could apply to celebration is leaving the field, which he couldn't have been further from doing.

I'm at a loss with this one, as for the rumour about the steward and the cop surely enough time hadn't passed for all that to happen before the ref sent Andy off. 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

In that case Neil Lennon gesturing to us all those years ago with his hand in the air, then smoking the fake cigar wasn't provocative, derisory or inflammatory then....?

Call it a pint a cider in the louden.

Dear oh dear 

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

It seems a pretty universal response/action.

04036245-455356.jpg

cristiano_ronaldo.jpg

images.jpg

Liverpool-vs-Southampton.jpg

The tennis ones are just ridiculous. 

As for the other two, celebrating in front of their own fans, that's blew that out the window straight away.

3 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Dear oh dear 

Lennon gesturing to the enclosure and smoking the fake cigar would have been a bookable offence, not that I'd want him booked for it for the record, I'd rather he slipped going up the tunnel and broke his neck.  But any reaction to a crowd is inflammatory and provocative. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

The tennis ones are just ridiculous. 

As for the other two, celebrating in front of their own fans, that's blew that out the window straight away.

How are the tennis ones ridiculous? 

Klopp celebrating the way he does can be viewed from all around the stadium, so don't agree that they are blown out of the water.

They were from a quick search to illustrate a point, that if we are going to be offended by people pumping the air then we are fucked.

Just now, GOAT said:

Lennon gesturing to the enclosure and smoking the fake cigar would have been a bookable offence, not that I'd want him booked for it for the record, I'd rather he slipped going up the tunnel and broke his neck.  But any reaction to a crowd is inflammatory and provocative. 

Lennons gestures were provocative, Hallidays wern't. There is no rule you can't gesture to away fans. You're even allowed to leave the field of play if you want.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

How are the tennis ones ridiculous? 

Klopp celebrating the way he does can be viewed from all around the stadium, so don't agree that they are blown out of the water.

They were from a quick search to illustrate a point, that if we are going to be offended by people pumping the air then we are fucked.

It's nothing to do with being offended jesus fucking christ.  It's in the laws of the game not to make a provocative or inflammatory gesture.  Regardless of how ridiculous his gesture is, it can still fall under either of those categories because he makes the gesture to the opposition crowd.

The linesman is clearly a prick, common sense was not used in this case, but Halliday could easily have avoided it by not gesturing to them.  Why can't people see that?

9 minutes ago, GOAT said:

So you think the referee 'demonstrated common sense' do you? Thats just where your whole premise disintegrates. You owe wullyRFC a pint. 

2 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Can't believe this is even being discussed tbh. There's only 2 people who think it's a booking.. Goat and whoever alerted the ref. 

Where did I say I think it's a booking? I think it's ridiculous you can get booked for something like this.  I said by the letter of the law he can get booked.  Which the linesman ensured happened.

Bit of a difference.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It's nothing to do with being offended jesus fucking christ.  It's in the laws of the game not to make a provocative or inflammatory gesture.  Regardless of how ridiculous his gesture is, it can still fall under either of those categories because he makes the gesture to the opposition crowd.

The linesman is clearly a prick, common sense was not used in this case, but Halliday could easily have avoided it by not gesturing to them.  Why can't people see that?

A fist pump is not provocative or inflammatory in football or any other sport.