Hallidays sending off

lewisrfc93

Just now, GOAT said:

Where did I say I think it's a booking? I think it's ridiculous you can get booked for something like this.  I said by the letter of the law he can get booked.  Which the linesman ensured happened.

Bit of a difference.

You were willing to bet that it was technically a booking.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

He said "Not when their on a booking they can't" I said "So when your on a yellow you can't celebrate"

Christ man can't you read?

sorry, I didn't mean to say "can't you read" I should have said -

Christ man, can't you contextualise the thread before making such a stupid fucking statement when GOAT was clearly stating the minutiae of Halliday's sending off.

:tits

1 minute ago, allgers said:

Yet another unexplained mystery, a dive in front of the ref draws nothing but an unseen celebration gets a yellow card.

I forgot about that dive, I can't believe that went unpunished.

1 minute ago, wullyRFC said:

You just asked me where you said you think it's a booking. Make your mind up 

I've told you why it is a booking under the laws of the game, I've also told you and many others that I don't think it should be a booking though, and the laws are shite.  Do you not understand that?

Just now, GOAT said:

I've told you why it is a booking under the laws of the game, I've also told you and many others that I don't think it should be a booking though, and the laws are shite.  Do you not understand that?

So you think it is a booking but don't agree with it is what you mean? It's not my fault you're hard to follow.

Absolute disgrace of a decision, ref did it on the advice of the linesman, even the first booking shouldn't have been a booking, Halliday should have had a free kick before he pulled their player.

Some of the decisions were shocking, I can see Ball starting in his role against Falkirk.

What shocked me was Stubbs comment about him not being happy if it happened to one of his players (basically saying it shouldn't have happened) he was more supportive to our team than Boyd was!!!

Just now, wullyRFC said:

No it's not.

I showed you the laws of the game by FIFA, the games governing body.  It clearly is regardless of where he was on the park.  I'm going round in circles here ffs, bottom line is, Halliday doesn't make the gesture whilst sitting on a booking, nothing happens, and chances are we would have scored a few more.  I'm leaving it at that for now.

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It is when you do it at the opposition fans.  Who gives a fuck about any other sport?  

Most people probably like other sports, however maybe not one for the Bears Den.

He was in the centre circle and celebrated a goal  by raising his fist and shouting yass. If an official thinks that's provocative or inflammatory, even if it was in the direction of the Morton fans its time to pack up and watch the darts.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I showed you the laws of the game by FIFA, the games governing body.  It clearly is regardless of where he was on the park.  I'm going round in circles here ffs, bottom line is, Halliday doesn't make the gesture whilst sitting on a booking, nothing happens, and chances are we would have scored a few more.  I'm leaving it at that for now.

The rules don't say he should have been booked at all. No one has ever been provoked by a mild fist pump like Hallidays. 

But you win. You alone are correct and everyone else is wrong.

6 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

The rules don't say he should have been booked at all. No one has ever been provoked by a mild fist pump like Hallidays. 

But you win. You alone are correct and everyone else is wrong.

Oh aye, am the big winner here.

Oh and ciders a real mans drink.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

noticed that the papers and sky etc are not really giving there opinion on this - normally they chime in with there opinion - but in this case they just seem to be reporting what happened. The press dont quite know what to make of it along with the rest of us.

Think it's because most know it's a law that's practically never enforced, but a law non the less. You can't really steam in saying the ref is 100% wrong when the laws of the game leave the whole thing up for debate. If fellow bears can't agree on it what chance has anybody else got. 

While I get what GOAT is saying, and he does have a point ( albeit a very weak one)

I don't think anyone can really call a fist pump to the opposition inflamatory, inciteful or derisory ( think I might have speled them all wrong lol).   But he did gesture towards the oposition fans.

I think this is a ver very dangerous precedent that ref has just set for himself. He has used absolutely no common sense, and now should be giving every single player that he is a reffere of, a booking if they do a similar thing.

Personally I think the ref wanted to make a name for himself and send off a Rangers player,  he has made a big mistake and I don't see how he can justify it.  He has to have reffed many many matches in the past and I refuse to believe this is the first time that any player has gestured with a fistpump to the opposition fans.  I'd be willing to bet that this is the first time he has booked, then sent off a player for making such a weak gesture to the opposition fans.

It's simply a disgraceful decision, and there really is no justification for it, other than he played for Rangers.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

While I get what GOAT is saying, and he does have a point ( albeit a very weak one)

I don't think anyone can really call a fist pump to the opposition inflamatory, inciteful or derisory ( think I might have speled them all wrong lol).   But he did gesture towards the oposition fans.

I think this is a ver very dangerous precedent that ref has just set for himself. He has used absolutely no common sense, and now should be giving every single player that he is a reffere of, a booking if they do a similar thing.

Personally I think the ref wanted to make a name for himself and send off a Rangers player,  he has made a big mistake and I don't see how he can justify it.  He has to have reffed many many matches in the past and I refuse to believe this is the first time that any player has gestured with a fistpump to the opposition fans.  I'd be willing to bet that this is the first time he has booked, then sent off a player for making such a weak gesture to the opposition fans.

It's simply a disgraceful decision, and there really is no justification for it, other than he played for Rangers.

It's the linesman that's made the decision for the referee.

FIFA's Laws of the Game explain how referees are expected to interpret players' action undera sectoin titled "Celebration of a goal".

It reads: "While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive. 

"Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive time-wasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

"A player must be cautioned if: 

• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory 

• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored 

• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt 

• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item 

So what we have here is the officials interpreting the fist pump as provocative, derisory or inflammatory......well if that's the case there will be yellow cards every week unless players politely applaud each other in front of their own fans.

Fuck sake what has happened to football? That's part of the enjoyment, the banter and the whole heroes and villains aspect. If everyone just gets along its just dull.

Would love to get an apology from the officials but who am I kidding?

Edit: was anyone incensed when Cummings scored at Ibrox and shooshed the Copland and main stand? Of course we were but that doesn't mean he should be booked, so I would say hallidays celebration was even less inflammatory.