Next seasons budget

I see this is all over the back pages today!

How we'll need to treble our budget to compete (according to Robbie Neilson, how he knows our current budget i don't know?)

What pisses me off is in the past we have been slaughtered for wreckless over spending etc. But now everyone else wants to tell us how much more we need to spend!!

Scottish football the unfuniest joke ever!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ferris Bueller said:

How we'll need to treble our budget to compete (according to Robbie Neilson, how he knows our current budget i don't know?)

What pisses me off is in the past we have been slaughtered for wreckless over spending etc. But now everyone else wants to tell us how much more we need to spend!!

The manager doesn't think it will take massive spending and he did come from the financial sector.

Mark Warburton: Rangers can be 'highly competitive' in the Premiership - but won't need to spend big this summer

MARK WARBURTON is confident Rangers can be ‘highly competitive’ in the Premiership next season – but insists they don’t have to break the bank to take on the top flight.

The Light Blues will clinch the Championship crown if they can see off Dumbarton at Ibrox tonight before they turn their attentions to the Petrofac Training Cup final and Old Firm Scottish Cup clash on successive weekends.

After four years outside the Premiership, Rangers will be expected to compete at the top of the standings next term as they bid to stop Celtic securing a sixth-straight top flight crown.

And Warburton is determined the Gers will hit the ground running and live up to the pressure from the stands in his second season at Ibrox.

He said: “I’ll throw the question back at you. What’s the expectation of Rangers next year?

“My expectation is that we have to go into that league and be highly competitive. I view highly competitive as that we’ve got to be a very, very tough team to beat and to break down and that we go into games expecting to win them.

“If we go into games expecting to win them, I’m not going to sit here and say we’re not going to challenge for the league.

“I’m not going to sit here and say we’re going to win the league. I’d say that any Rangers team with David, myself and the staff, will be highly competitive.

“And we will go in prepared well with a squad of players that I think will match that description.

“I’m choosing my words very carefully because I know how you guys will report them.

“If you’re a football neutral and you look it and say that Celtic have had X years of European football – Champions League football – and the financial benefits and a squad packed with international players, the neutral will tell you that they will take some beating, absolutely.

“And it would be foolish to say otherwise – to go into a game as it currently stands, they have to be favourites.

“It would be totally ignorant to say anything other than that but our job is to close the gap.

“How well we close that gap will be about how competitive we are but Rangers will never go into that league satisfied with being third or fourth.”

If Rangers are to come close to launching a bid for the Premiership crown, Warburton will have to add several players to his squad during the summer transfer window.

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson has claimed the Gers will need to match Celtic’s significantly larger wage bill to stand a chance of challenging their Old Firm rivals.

And Warburton is determined to find value for money in any deals he does as he bids to bolster his Ibrox ranks.

He said: “We have put targets forward to the board, targets who we think will add the value to close that gap and make us highly competitive.

“This time of year, the players you are looking at are obviously still playing. The last thing you want to do is upset managers and coaches. But the groundwork is being done to hopefully secure the targets.

“I hear £18m, £28m, £24m – there’s a £10m disparity in those figures. I don’t know what their (Celtic’s) budget is. It’s not my business.

“What I do know is the quality we need. We have a number of players who we think can step up and keep on developing. Then there are some areas where we have to add quality.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/14403317.Mark_Warburton__Rangers_can_be__highly_competitive__in_the_Premiership___but_won_t_need_to_spend_big_this_summer/?ref=eb#comments-anchor

2 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

The msm know we won't spend that. So they're lining it up via stooges that we have to so they can then have a go at us for being skint when we don't. 

What they don't figure on is us being able to win the league without spending huge sums.....

Aberdeen are only 4pts behind Celtic and they've spent next to nothing in transfer fees and have a very small wage budget by comparison.  You don't need to spend the most in order to win the league and if anyone needs evidence of that simply take a look at how well Leicester City are doing.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Aberdeen are only 4pts behind Celtic and they've spent next to nothing in transfer fees and have a very small wage budget by comparison.  You don't need to spend the most in order to win the league and if anyone needs evidence of that simply take a look at how well Leicester City are doing.

Probably just as well because I don't see us throwing money around.

It will all go down to getting the right player for a good price rather than spending for the sake of it.

It can be done

it's a load of hehaw. they are trying to get at us and they would love nothing more than for us to start spending a shit load of money in the hopes we go through all the shit of the last 4 years ago. 

i really don't believe it will take a lot. fs what are aberdeen/hearts spending? don't try tell me they have triple our budget. 

we just need to strengthen the team over the summer. there is no doubt that yes we will need to increase our budget but i don't think it will take as much as some are making it out to be. budgets aren't everything. celtic would like to have us all think they are loaded but they have aberdeen up their arse. woo fucking hoo they might get a 7 point lead tonight. also look at the EPL....leicester city are sitting 1st in the most valuable football league on the planet. don't tell me they have a bigger budget than manchester city, arsenal, or tottenham. 

What I read from that is mw has their card marked.  He knows how this countries media works and he has blatantly told them "I known how you'll report it"  they have had nothing from him all season and continue to get nothing from him and long may it continue. 

Imagine if you will, having to compete against a team who made buckets of money in 3 years only to finish last season 5 million debt with a 16 million pound loan due to start being repaid next month

Now imagine the warped minds, on both sides, that believe we'll need 10s of millions to compete with said team.

:lol:

35 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

4/5mill spend with 1/2mill wage increase. 

where we going to get an extra £7M from mate? - we already made a loss last year of almost exactly that sum . Going by your figures we would have to find another £14 Million to break even.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The msm know we won't spend that. So they're lining it up via stooges that we have to so they can then have a go at us for being skint when we don't. 

What they don't figure on is us being able to win the league without spending huge sums.....

You would think they would have cottoned on to the fact by now that MW knows the English game and has some fantastic contacts so that he can carry out exactly what you say.

Said on this forum several times. Perhaps for the first time in many years we actually have a manager and football department who realise that we don't have to spend multi millions on a team to beat others bar one who have been put together for two bob. Just perhaps with the right people coming in and a lot of hard work we might just get there without spending 5,10,millions plus as some believe needs to be spent to beat the might of Motherwell, Dundee, and those other giants of European football Ross County.

Warburton said himself he would need to spend more on Quality players. Neilson was talking players wages and the difference between the clubs then the scum do have about a million squad players.

First season up our support want to win it not just compete in it.

It will all be done the new Rangers way and fuck all to do with their opinions.

They can spread as much crap over their pages as they want but MW isn't some daftie going christmas shopping.

It is a pathetic attempt to create a non event of panic.  One step at a time as we are years away from any big spending yet. You can only spend on what SPL   status is creating for you. Then Champions League status.  I see more patience ahead for us and I think MW and most fans know it. Let the papers and the rest of them flap while we remain steady and progressive.