Wallace's eventual place in our history

Thermopylae

There will never be another John Greig, 

However Under different circumstances Lee Wallace is heading along the way to becoming a Legend,  the difference this season to his form from the last season and a half has been much improved I'am sure in 6 or 7 years time once he has won spfl title many times we will look back on him  as one of our main and most loyal players in our history up there with the likes of Sandy Jardine and our other legends 

2 minutes ago, boyd09 said:

There will never be another John Greig, 

However Under different circumstances Lee Wallace is heading along the way to becoming a Legend,  the difference this season to his form from the last season and a half has been much improved I'am sure in 6 or 7 years time once he has won spfl title many times we will look back on him  as one of our main and most loyal players in our history up there with the likes of Sandy Jardine and our other legends 

He already is a legend to me. 

I'm very much a Glaswegian but I like there being so many big figures in our history from Edinburgh because it helps to make us so much more than just a local club. Obviously Struth and Grieg are numbers 1 and 2 (in whatever order you please) but even someone like Souness made his mark in the short time he was here

7 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I love big Lee....he's awesome!!

9 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

The man exudes sheer class :spraise: compare and contrast that too that snarling, greeting faced, torn coupon fucking lego muncher, night and day

The op is spot on imo :541:

Both on and off the park ... you look at Lee and Warbs together and you know that the future is bright :541:

Lee knows what it means to be Rangers captain on and off the field. look at his face on Sunday he also makes sure every week he goes to each stand after the game to applaud the fans. A true Rangers legend and bound for the hall of fame once he is finished playing after lifting numbers 55 onwards

Must admit the last couple of seasons I had my doubts, no longer, he has earned the armband and is playing fantastic football under the new gaffer.

Fair play to Lee, he had a bit to make up to many fans I am sure as some of us had doubts (hope I am not being too presumptious saying that) but he has come into his own this year for sure.

I was hard as fuck on him last season, he was dragged down by McCoist's pish, now we have a breath of fresh air around the place he is excelling again.

Was funny listening to clyde last night and hearing one of them say that during extra time Wallace was still bombing forward while celt*c players couldn't catch their breath.

He's already a legend in my eyes, for different reasons to most others who are awarded that status, he could have fucked off like the rest of them to save his international career and shut up the snipers. He will have the last laugh when he leads us into the Champion's League.

Had the loyalty to stand by Rangers and complete the journey back to the top division and is now playing his best football.

He has also grown in stature after being given the captaincy and is a fine example for any young player to follow, onwards

and upwards to 55 for super Lee, he will be held in great esteem by the Rangers support when his career is over.

Legend? yes of course he is.

Lee made the ultimate sacrafice when he dropped down the leagues with us.

Their is no doubt he could of moved on and played to a decent level in England but he chose to stay loyal and ply his trade in the lower echelons of Scottish football all to the detriment of his international career. 

This season alone will have more than convinced our Captain that the grass isn't always greener.

As for his Scotland career....how many Scotland games in the last 4yrs would of gave lee the kinda buzz, excitement and an overwhelming feeling of joy he experienced on Sunday????

Answers on the back of a stamp for that one mefinks :541:

I already think he is a legend. He could've disappeared but nope he stuck with us to play in the lower leagues and sacrificed his international career. That is true loyalty to our club. He is now our captain and will lift the trophy that marks our return to the premiership on Saturday. He has already lifted one piece of silverware and could have another next month!

The day he lifts our 55th premiership title will be the day it goes beyond any doubt in anyone's mind. A lot of players will have come and gone between our drop into 3rd division and lifting our 55th title. Some names we will remember but one we sure as hell won't ever forget is Lee Wallace.