Those who think tonight and last Wednesday "don't matter"...

DerKlos

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Never said it didn't matter, I said it was pointless if you don't go on to win the final. 

I have serious concerns for the final, but Warburton always seems to pull it out when it matters so hopefully he can get them switched on come the 21st. 

I quoted you correctly at the start of the post. The "didn't matter" reference was in regard to many posters who have said that our recent results didn't matter as the league was already won.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It doesn't inspire any confidence and only gives hivs comfort for the cup final.

All will be forgotten if we lift the cup but it looks like it could be beyond us on present form.

Comfort for hibs? Let them be comfortable as that's when we'll do the damage.

Look at the start of the season, the nature of our wins because teams hadn't adjusted to our new players and way of playing. They then regrouped and we struggled as teams sat in deep and countered. We then picked ourselves up and dug deep but the last few games we've seen the dip again and I firmly believe it's all to do with the mental aspect of winning the league and getting to the final I.e. The lads are in job done mode which isn't the Rangers way.

i have no doubt that Warburton made this clear in no uncertain terms last night as he was fizzing and I've not heard him say that there were no positives to take from a game before.

sunday is now more important as its our last competitive outing before the final and we need to show our intent from the off. It's a young squad peppered with a few that know the Rangers way, this is part of the learning and I'm sure we'll be more than up for it come the 21st of May though I'm not saying it's in the bag like many are.

Yes, I want us to win every game, but I kind of expected our play to go down for these games. They have been nothing more than friendlies. Every team plays like this once the league is won and we are no different. Do you honestly want to see us going in for hard tackles and risking further injuries before a cup final!? People need to wake up!

5 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

1 point from 9 and poor football on show league won or not we are Rangers and last 3 games have been a slog! Poor at back passing just going astray it's not on! People pay money to go all over and pay for tickets travel so people have right to be pissed off! People saying players minds on cup final well they are pro footballers they should be still focused on all games they play.

How can anybody be certain of a place in the cup final, on the back of the last 3 games?

Our players have Cup Final fever making sure they dont get injured and stay fit, if the league was still to be won then they would still be going full tilt but  it won and they are all ptotecting themselves. These guys peaked for over a month to get us where we are today and its hafd to keep that switched on when the games basically are training matches.

26 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Yes, I want us to win every game, but I kind of expected our play to go down for these games. They have been nothing more than friendlies. Every team plays like this once the league is won and we are no different. Do you honestly want to see us going in for hard tackles and risking further injuries before a cup final!? People need to wake up!

No they don't.

Hearts certainly didn't last season either.

Each player should be playing to ensure they start the cup final or prove they should be first team picks. This whole 'there's nothing to play for' stuff is absolute pish.

It's that sort of arrogant attitude that will cause us to fuck up the final, let's just hope the players don't feel the same as some posters on here.

Anybody who thinks it doesnt matter needs to take a look at themselves.

Regardless of the opposition, they should giving 100%. Halliday especially as knows what it is like to be one of us and we expect 100% every game.

Not the best of runs to be on going into the final next month especially with our last competitive game for three weeks being on Sunday.

I think we will see a difference with a hungry waghorn back something we have missed for last few month is a player like him who has personal targets to chase like 30 goal mark etc sometimes those selfish ambitions can drive the team even when the main job like promotion is complete 

Let's just remember the team is not losing on purpose. Just because we follow home and away does not entitle us to wins. If that was the case we should win every game. The season has been wrapped up for weeks and we have won when it matters. Bring on the cup final with rested legs and no more injuries.

1 minute ago, The No.9 said:

I think we will see a difference with a hungry waghorn back something we have missed for last few month is a player like him who has personal targets to chase like 30 goal mark etc sometimes those selfish ambitions can drive the team even when the main job like promotion is complete 

I love Waghorn as much as anybody but we're not a one man team. If the rest of the rest aren't pulling their weight, Waghorn-who hasnt played in nearly 3 months- wont be given the service he needs.

Just now, Loyal-Bear said:

Let's just remember the team is not losing on purpose. Just because we follow home and away does not entitle us to wins. If that was the case we should win every game. The season has been wrapped up for weeks and we have won when it matters. Bring on the cup final with rested legs and no more injuries.

Every game matters to this club and us fans imo. We're not a diddy club who can drop a point here and there, we as fans deserve better than what we've been shown the last three games.

If we are serious about challenging next season, then we need to put down a marker every single game. Some people need to be reminded we're in the Championship against part time opposition ffs.

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

No they don't.

Hearts certainly didn't last season either.

Each player should be playing to ensure they start the cup final or prove they should be first team picks. This whole 'there's nothing to play for' stuff is absolute pish.

It's that sort of arrogant attitude that will cause us to fuck up the final, let's just hope the players don't feel the same as some posters on here.

Couldn't have put it any better mate.

Just now, CaptainDandy said:

I love Waghorn as much as anybody but we're not a one man team. If the rest of the rest aren't pulling their weight, Waghorn-who hasnt played in nearly 3 months- wont be given the service he needs.

Wasn't saying we are a one man team but when your top goal scorer has missed a lot of the latter half of the season then Forresster who seems to be on a one man mission at times also gets injured your gonna struggle to batter teams with a small lacking squad then add to the fact they have gotten all objectives complete so far out with the St Johnstone result and cup final still to come.

its why it's been an amazing season and with additions to this squad and philosophy (fingers crossed) we could be in fr a great era at the club

2 hours ago, jim beam said:

Doesn't matter if the league is won or not how far some fans have fallen when second best in a competitive game is deemed ok.

Winning all our remaining matches boosts confidence going into the cup final for the fans and players and also puts doubts into the opposition team and fans rather than the other way about.

And we all know what needs done in the summer regarding players being brought in that is not the only issue in the grand scheme.

Having a winning mentality no matter who we play against especially after these clubs and their fans where happy to stick it to us for the past four years.The players the club and the fans should never except second best on the playing field ever.That's not rocket science.

Clearly that's a management issue then.

Are you going to criticise Warburton cos it's his job to motivate the players if you feel the last games after winning the title are relevant.

Apart from last day of the season winning championships do you remember any games over the years after we've won the title? 

No. me neither

If I'm honest, before the Livi game I was not that concerned, but they way we went about our business last night does concern me and certainly raises a lot of questions about the players mentality. I hope they all prove me wrong and totally steamroller Hivs 6-2 again in the final. 

11 minutes ago, CaptainDandy said:

Every game matters to this club and us fans imo. We're not a diddy club who can drop a point here and there, we as fans deserve better than what we've been shown the last three games.

If we are serious about challenging next season, then we need to put down a marker every single game. Some people need to be reminded we're in the Championship against part time opposition ffs.

Get your point but beating Alloa and Livingston is not a marker. Beating the mhanks in a semi final is a marker. 

3 minutes ago, Loyal-Bear said:

Get your point but beating Alloa and Livingston is not a marker. Beating the mhanks in a semi final is a marker. 

The marker is beating cellic and continuing to win games regardless of opposition. That's what it takes to be Rangers.

If those players think because the beat cellic all they have to do is turn up in remaining fixtures then they need a good look at themselves.

1 minute ago, Loyal-Bear said:

Was us beating Hibs 3 times a marker when it mattered? I think so. We won the League and petrofact because of it. 

Was the League Cup semi-final last year a marker? How far back do you want to go? The fact is that, in our last meeting, Hibs showed that they have the beating of us. Doesn't mean to say that they will, only that they are more than capable of doing so.

At the end of the day you're paying to see a football game, not a guaranteed win. And teams lose football games. I've been there like many Bears all through the divisions with shite football and boycotts on freezing Tuesdays in January etc. And even I'm saying that these league games don't mean that much the league is won and we've got a big CF coming up so I'd rather our players took it easy than them get injured pushing for a meaningless win.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

The marker is beating cellic and continuing to win games regardless of opposition. That's what it takes to be Rangers.

If those players think because the beat cellic all they have to do is turn up in remaining fixtures then they need a good look at themselves.

I agree in a perfect world. It's football it happens that sometime you dont get results. More so when u have wrapped up the league. 

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

Was the League Cup semi-final last year a marker? How far back do you want to go? The fact is that, in our last meeting, Hibs showed that they have the beating of us. Doesn't mean to say that they will, only that they are more than capable of doing so.

How far do you want to go back? You are doing so to suit you argument. Just blank out this season and concentrate on last 3 games cause thats all that matters eh!