Who's been released?

OzGers

I'm sure many senior players out of contract will be moved and possibly a few still on contract will be 'advised' that Mark Warburton won't stand in their way if another club shows interest in them. As for the youth players; I have no idea who will be shifted, but at least the decision will come from Mark Warburton/Craig Mulholland and not that fuckwit Sinclair who had no idea how to run the Academy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

The following are confirmed, there are others but these I'm 100% sure of

17's players Kieran Balfour and Premyslaw Dachowicz

Older youth players Luca Gasparotto, Dylan Dykes, David Brownlie, Tom Lang and Mekhi McLeod

I can only assume Lang and McLeod didn't impress then, must be a bit rough getting released only a year after you've signed for a club.

34 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

McLeod only signed in January and is still at club and from what i know highly thought of. 

If elf says he's off I'd say it's pretty much a certainty he is 

2 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Older youth players Luca Gasparotto, Dylan Dykes, David Brownlie, Tom Lang and Mekhi McLeod

How do you that Lang and McLeod have been released?

9 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

The older players must have got released to make room for younger ones to step up and play against older boys. 

I liked that wee McLeod guy from what I seen of him. Needed to work on his end product but was something different in the team. A bit of a spark that a lot of others didn't seem to have.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Darren Ramsey's left.

Must be hard after being here for so long, best of luck to him.

IMG_20160503_181514.jpg

Hopefully him and the other boys being let go can take some heart from halliday this season and realise they can still make it in the game elsewhere and could end up back here too eventually

11 hours ago, Briton said:

That's a contradiction in terms.

Might simply be the case that the boy thinks the standard of coaching he receives while with us is superior to anything he could hope for with them and I would agree with him in that respect if that were the case.

9 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Thanks for posting, do you have an opinion, as one who watches on a regular basis on these plyers being released?

Shame the younger lads are being released... hopefully they can revive their career like Halliday as someone above said.  Never nice to see this sort of stuff, even if it's for the benefit of Rangers.

2 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Shame the younger lads are being released... hopefully they can revive their career like Halliday as someone above said.  Never nice to see this sort of stuff, even if it's for the benefit of Rangers.

Agreed, I think we always want the youngsters to make it but the odds are stacked against them. For every one that's good/great there are 5/6 that aren't.

the same will happen with a number of our first team players this year, those that don't get better will,end up being replaced and then leaving. One of the reasons for trying not to get too attached to the players. It was inevitable as part of our rebuilding that this would happen.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Agreed, I think we always want the youngsters to make it but the odds are stacked against them. For every one that's good/great there are 5/6 that aren't.

the same will happen with a number of our first team players this year, those that don't get better will,end up being replaced and then leaving. One of the reasons for trying not to get too attached to the players. It was inevitable as part of our rebuilding that this would happen.

I'd like this post if i didn't hit my capacity (i didn't realise there was)  It's so true.  I don't think Law will be offered a new deal but I have a great deal of time for that guy.  Takes a fair amount of abuse but i've always considered our team stronger when he's on good form.

35 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Thanks for posting, do you have an opinion, as one who watches on a regular basis on these plyers being released?

Of all the youth players that have been released only a slight surprise about Luca, but as I have said on here before, he is six months older than Dominic Ball who is on a different level.

I would have been surprised if any of the others were offered contracts to be honest. 

McLeod looked good as a trialist against a very poor Airdrie side, game finished 9-0. Once signed he did less and less each game, getting substituted earlier each game, until he was eventually not even starting.

As it stands, next season will start with only two under 20's on the books, Ryan Hardie and Jordan Thompson. Therefore the Development side will be made up of Under 18 and Under 19 players.