Who's been released?

OzGers

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Might simply be the case that the boy thinks the standard of coaching he receives while with us is superior to anything he could hope for with them and I would agree with him in that respect if that were the case.

Maybe.  I just take '100% Tim' to mean a dyed-in-the-wool fan.  If you were you'd sign for your team regardless surely?  I'd expect someone '100% Bear' to.  

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

How is it? all you do it talk shite and this is no different. I think you are a tarrier tbh.

No you don't. You just don't have the nouse to come up with an original insult.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Of all the youth players that have been released only a slight surprise about Luca, but as I have said on here before, he is six months older than Dominic Ball who is on a different level.

I would have been surprised if any of the others were offered contracts to be honest. 

McLeod looked good as a trialist against a very poor Airdrie side, game finished 9-0. Once signed he did less and less each game, getting substituted earlier each game, until he was eventually not even starting.

As it stands, next season will start with only two under 20's on the books, Ryan Hardie and Jordan Thompson. Therefore the Development side will be made up of Under 18 and Under 19 players. 

Informative as always, thanks for that.

15 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Of all the youth players that have been released only a slight surprise about Luca, but as I have said on here before, he is six months older than Dominic Ball who is on a different level.

I would have been surprised if any of the others were offered contracts to be honest. 

McLeod looked good as a trialist against a very poor Airdrie side, game finished 9-0. Once signed he did less and less each game, getting substituted earlier each game, until he was eventually not even starting.

As it stands, next season will start with only two under 20's on the books, Ryan Hardie and Jordan Thompson. Therefore the Development side will be made up of Under 18 and Under 19 players. 

I think MW is on record as saying thats exactly the way he wants it?

51 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Dylan Dykes, Gasparotto, David Brownlie, Darren Ramsay, Mekhi McLeod, Jamie Brandon,Tom Lang & Jamie Mills have left

Extremely surprised with Mekhi McLeod, especially after the hype he received when signing from Wolves in January. Obviously Warburton and Mulholland have a vision for the youth set-up, and this year will be massive in terms of signings for both the first team and the developmental teams. 

19 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Darren Ramsey's left.

Must be hard after being here for so long, best of luck to him.

IMG_20160503_181514.jpg

He could always turn to cooking like his namesake did when we let him go, that worked out well.

Seriously, best of luck to all the boys who are leaving.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

I think MW is on record as saying thats exactly the way he wants it?

Absolutely. When the players are at U20/21 agewise, they should be playing.. I believe our youth in the next few years will be a lot better than it is now.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Absolutely. When the players are at U20/21 agewise, they should be playing.. I believe our youth in the next few years will be a lot better than it is now.

Yeah, It kind of annoys me that now a days 22/23 is still regarded as being a young up and coming player. I understand that some players don't develope until they are slightly older but all the genuinely good players play in their first teams at 16/17/18/19.

6 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Yeah, It kind of annoys me that now a days 22/23 is still regarded as being a young up and coming player. I understand that some players don't develope until they are slightly older but all the genuinely good players play in their first teams at 16/17/18/19.

Exactly, and that is where we need to be.. Good coaching at the youngest ages is vital and that is how you develope good players. They need to be knocking on the first team door at a younger age as well. People say that young players dont have a chance to play these days, but all these players have to come from somewhere.. we need to be one of those Clubs that developes them. Exciting times ahead!

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

He could always turn to cooking like his namesake did when we let him go, that worked out well.

Seriously, best of luck to all the boys who are leaving.

best of luck to them. But that lads been there 12 years and I have barely heard of him. Surely we should know within 12 years if a lad is good enough or not. ? it seems a huge investment over that time thats been essentially wasted.

I see we are offering support to the released players in order to help them get a new club.

THE RANGERS Academy will help any players released this summer for their future footballing careers with a specially prepared plan of action.

Each player will be provided with one-on-one tailored advice to give them the best chance of finding another club next season.

Eight boys were released from the Development League squad this week and they will now spend time with academy staff, making sure they aren’t left alone to face the next step in their development.

Head of Academy Craig Mulholland said:

“Bonds are built with the players and their families over a number of years and many of the staff have seen these lads develop from primary children into men.”

“One of the key aspects of the Academy culture is respect and it is important that we break the news to the lads in the correct manner and now look after them as part of our Academy exit policy.

“All of the staff in the Academy will liaise with a range of clubs on the players behalf to assist them find new employment.”

“From a football perspective, they will receive a presentation with a detailed breakdown of their strengths, sports science results, playing statistics and a testimonial and character reference from their coach, Ian Durrant. “

“Our analysis team will also provide footage from a range of games which they can pass to other clubs.

“Katy Lamont who looks after Education and Welfare for the Academy players will meet with them to go through education and employment opportunities out with football.

“In line with the values we believe in within the Academy, and indeed the traditions of our club, it is important that we look after these young men in the correct way and provide as much support as possible.”

“When players leave the Academy we must ensure that they depart as better footballers than when they arrived and as well rounded individuals who can use these attributes to go on and have successful football careers and indeed successful lives. “

Really pleased we are doing this as it's just unfortunate these lads aren't up to scratch as far as our longer term goals are concerned.

2 hours ago, one55 said:

templeton and cammy bell will be punted. what ever happened to that big polish goalie we signed? can't even mind his name. cammy has been warming the bench and no him.

He left a couple month back 

25 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I see we are offering support to the released players in order to help them get a new club.

Really pleased we are doing this as it's just unfortunate these lads aren't up to scratch as far as our longer term goals are concerned.

That's a really classy gesture from the club, great to read about. It also means that the released players are less likely to harbour any resentment, which could be very important if one of them suddenly turns out to be class and we want him back.

6 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Mekhi leaving is really surprising 

As elf explained, he's thought he'd made it by signing for us then took his foot off the pedal. Reminds me of another youngster who broke thru  a few seasons back and thought he'd made it?....Barrie McKay...