What players would you let go.

Smile

Templeton. 

Shiels

Clark

Law

Ball

Zelalem

Kiernan (not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

Wilson(not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

Bell (not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

King ( Hearts will keep him i think)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we got in to Europe I'd like Zelalem to stay as his style would do well in Europe.  King isn't good enough so send him back to Hearts.  Bell is one I think we'll try to offload but can't see the cunt leaving unless he's paid off.  All the out of contract players should go and wages freed up for new and better players.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Templeton.

Shiels

Clark

Law

Ball

Zelalem

Agree with them all and a few who are out on loan, but I have stated before, we will need to bring in about another 10 as a consequence and not that  have a problem with that, but much work again to be done.

I like Kiernan, his performance against Celtic shows how good he can be, but he needs a better partner. 

Ball? I'd hope we would be looking to sign him up for another year if possible. 

The rest of the names I agree with. 

2 minutes ago, simon said:

I like Kiernan, his performance against Celtic shows how good he can be, but he needs a better partner. 

100% agree

4 minutes ago, simon said:

This. 

The criticism of Wilson and Keirnan seems a bit harsh.  These two are often hung out to dry by the rest of their team who are up the other end of the pitch attacking.  I'm sure they'd do much better with an experienced CDM in front of them and a safe pair of hands behind them.

Don't understand why you would want rid of Kiernan. Would love to keep Ball. I'd keep Zalalem another season as back up at least. The rest can get to fuck. Wouldn't want King even if Hearts would let him go. I'd probably shed O'Halloran and look for somebody better. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Bell

Law

Shiels

Clark

Templeton

King

Agreed. Probably all on decent wages. Replace them with quality, and guys like Wilson, Kiernan and Halliday can battle it out with them for starting places. 

7 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Wouldn't want King even if Hearts would let him go. I'd probably shed O'Halloran and look for somebody better. 

I don't get the hype surrounding these players either. 

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The criticism of Wallace and Keirnan seems a bit harsh.  These two are often hung out to dry by the rest of their team who are up the other end of the pitch attacking.  I'm sure they'd do much better with an experienced CDM in front of them and a safe pair of hands behind them.

I'm guessing you mean Wilson... And I totally agree

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

Templeton. 

Shiels

Clark

Law

Ball

Zelalem

Thought (hoped) that Bell's expired this summer? 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Agreed. Probably all on decent wages. Replace them with quality, and guys like Wilson, Kiernan and Halliday can battle it out with them for starting places. 

If we can replace those guys with players of a higher quality then we will be in a far better place.

Law, Zalalem, Bell, Templeton, Clark, Shiels.

Zalalem was a good enough for loanee for this division, however, next year I feel we can attract a better caliber of player on loan from a top prem club. Hopefully a return for Dom Ball on another loan or even a permanent deal because he was fantastic all season and realistically I don't think he will break through at Spurs. Going to be a big big summer for the Rangers. 

17 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't get the hype surrounding either of these players either. 

King got hype cause of his name, he has had good moments but he's just not as good as what McKay is. He and and ohalloran just take too many touches of the ball some times (a fair amount of the players do it but their worst)

Ohalloran the hype came from getting another striker and likely the massive "battle" we had to sign him. Also it was a point prover about cash. 

I'll give ohalloran benefit of the doubt and see how he is after 2 months in spfl. He's said himself he's having trouble gelling and it must be considering he's a Scottish footballer born n bred and he's needing to learn an entirely new way of playing football.

On the performances since the semi final I would bin the lot of them. Far to many showing a small club mentality. 

But seriously. Bell would be the first to go so we can sign a decent keeper to give Wes a bit of competition. Apart from that I'm not really fussed. Maybe Templeton and with much regret Nicky Clark.

53 minutes ago, Smile said:

Templeton. 

Shiels

Clark

Law

Ball

Zelalem

Rumour has it Temps will get a 6 month extension at a reduced rate to prove himself , which may be a good idea . I'd keep Zelalem , I think he'll improve next year , and if we do get into Europe , it may suit him better still. Kiernan , has his moments but I'd keep him and see if he's good enough to keep his place should new CB arrive. 

Edit . Might be tempted to sign Ball with his versatility and at his age he's still improving . 

Cant argue with the rest. 

44 minutes ago, simon said:

I actually think it's Wilson who needs a better partner

Remember Magennis was supposed to rip our defence apart, and the front 3 of Dundee were going to put 5 past us? Rob Kiernan is the reason that didn't happen, he had every one of them in his back pocket himself. The same against the filth, both him and Danny Wilson never let them close to our goal, 90% of their shots were from miles out.