What players would you let go.

Smile

28 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The criticism of Wilson and Keirnan seems a bit harsh.  These two are often hung out to dry by the rest of their team who are up the other end of the pitch attacking.  I'm sure they'd do much better with an experienced CDM in front of them and a safe pair of hands behind them.

Some of the criticism nay be harsh, but certainly in Wilson's case he just isn't good enough. Keirnan I could just about live with, if a defensive partner of much greater quality could be brought in. Also you do not bring in a CDM just because a CD lacks ability, because the same deficiency remains and all it is, is a sticking plaster.Wilson has little positional awareness. Slow as a week in the jail, gives away embarassing fouls and cannot defend corners. If a CD does not posses the basic attributes they are not CD's, far less much else. No room for sentiment in business as they say and there are no medals for coming second.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I don't rate Wilson at all but overall Wilson been the better of the two.

That the same Wilson who gives away fouls, slow af, doesn't listen to Kiernan or Foderingham, no positional awareness and has no grit to actually go into tackles? 

57 minutes ago, Smile said:

Templeton. 

Shiels

Clark

Law

Ball

Zelalem

Kiernan (not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

Wilson(not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

Bell (not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

King ( Hearts will keep him i think)

Spot on , that should be the last of McCoists donkeys gone with this list , Wallace being his only good signing.

Law 

Shiels

Clark

Templeton

Bell ( still another year to go but want rid any way possible )

That's easily 25k worth of wages a week could replace them all with better quailty on a lesser wage.

Kiernan is a quality CB and will get better against better opposition, Celtic game showed how good he can be

Wilson will be a squad player next season

i'd like Ball for another season not sure about Zelalem though.

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Some of the criticism nay be harsh, but certainly in Wilson's case he just isn't good enough. Keirnan I could just about live with, if a defensive partner of much greater quality could be brought in. Also you do not bring in a CDM just because a CD lacks ability, because the same deficiency remains and all it is, is a sticking plaster.Wilson has little positional awareness. Slow as a week in the jail, gives away embarassing fouls and cannot defend corners. If a CD does not posses the basic attributes they are not CD's, far less much else. No room for sentiment in business as they say and there are no medals for coming second.

It's down to the way we play, a good CDM can make such a huge difference to a team with our style of play, it's common knowledge that if you take Busquets out the Barcelona team, they can be got at more. 

33 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

That the same Wilson who gives away fouls, slow af, doesn't listen to Kiernan or Foderingham, no positional awareness and has no grit to actually go into tackles? 

Yep he's pish but he's much better than Kiernan which is obvious I'd have thought. Neither are good enough for Rangers.

Don't rate wilson at all tbh, Did not want us to sign him either, kiernan is the better defender out of the two. Will need better next season however we would be a lot more effective with a new centreback to partner kiernan and two proper CDM'S to cover for when Wallace and Tav bomb forward.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yep he's pish but he's much better than Kiernan which is obvious I'd have thought. Neither are good enough for Rangers.

He's not the best yeah, but he's better than Wilson by a mile. Hence why he's started more than Wilson over the season. 

And also why he hasn't had threads dedicated to how shit he is. Kiernan has good situational awareness, it dropped after the Celtic game but like I say, it's pointless games in a won league. He outplayed the top goal scorer in the country during the Celtic game. He bosses the air, has good ball control and is pretty accurate with his long balls. He has been caught out before that's cost us. I'm not saying he's the be all, end all Centrehalf but we'd benefit more from having him in the squad then out of it. 

But am sure you're just another guy who just happens to notice Wilson, Kiernan, Wes and Ball when we concede a goal. Never paying attention to them any other time, just when we concede. Which is complete bullshit considering how little to no cover our centre halfs get. Most of the time, all other 8 players have bombed up the park leaving Kiernan and Wilson by themselves to defend against a 4+ man counter attack. 

Kiernan and Wilson have problems, but one of their biggest problems isn't something they can sort by themselves. Haliday, Wallace and Tavernier need to give them cover other wise theirs very little they can actually do. 

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

He's not the best yeah, but he's better than Wilson by a mile. Hence why he's started more than Wilson over the season. 

And also why he hasn't had threads dedicated to how shit he is. Kiernan has good situational awareness, it dropped after the Celtic game but like I say, it's pointless games in a won league. He outplayed the top goal scorer in the country during the Celtic game. He bosses the air, has good ball control and is pretty accurate with his long balls. He has been caught out before that's cost us. I'm not saying he's the be all, end all Centrehalf but we'd benefit more from having him in the squad then out of it. 

But am sure you're just another guy who just happens to notice Wilson, Kiernan, Wes and Ball when we concede a goal. Never paying attention to them any other time, just when we concede. Which is complete bullshit considering how little to no cover our centre halfs get. Most of the time, all other 8 players have bombed up the park leaving Kiernan and Wilson by themselves to defend against a 4+ man counter attack. 

Kiernan and Wilson have problems, but one of their biggest problems isn't something they can sort by themselves. Haliday, Wallace and Tavernier need to give them cover other wise theirs very little they can actually do. 

Its a game of opinions i have nothing against either player i just don't think they are up to it at Rangers.

I'm a guy who goes to games and judges the players accordingly. 

This is purely an opinion thread on who you think we dont need.

Just now, Smile said:

Its a game of opinions i have nothing against either player i just don't think they are up to it at Rangers.

I'm a guy who goes to games and judges the players accordingly. 

How do you judge Defenders then? 

Because it's clear you and I have different perspectives. 

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kiernan was also very lucky that his mistake at Kilmarnock didn't cost as and Magennis took too long to get his shot away. Wilson has had a better overall season than Kiernan. Rob makes numerous mistakes(has done all season) him and Ball get away with much more than Wilson.

I hope Templeton, Clark, Shiels, Law, Bell, Crawford, Ball, Zelalem, Aird are not here next season. King I'm not fussed over I think he has talent and potential and could be a decent back up player if we need an extra body late in the transfer market in the summer.

Both of them make mistakes there is no denying that, but what annoys me the most about Danny is how shite his distribution is at times. I mentioned in the match thread how both of them run of their line a lot and get caught out of position etc, Danny is worse for this but I don't blame any of them because if Halliday actually sticks to position and protects them there wouldn't be 20 yards of grass infront of the defence for the opposition to walk into.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Templeton. 

Shiels

Clark

Law

Ball

Zelalem

Kiernan (not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

Wilson(not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

Bell (not good enough but will be here due to contract.)

King ( Hearts will keep him i think)

I agree with all except maybe Kiernan who I think has a lot of attributes to do a job. Hopefully will raise his game especially if there is more competition with a new CB being purchased?

I'd get rid of all the Loanees including Ball, think we should be able to get a better level of player next season. Really thought Zela was going to be a star but for whatever reason has failed to live up to the hype. King just isn't good enough. 

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

How do you judge Defenders then? 

Because it's clear you and I have different perspectives. 

Positional sense, ability, the crap teams we are up against all a factor.  Kiernan positional sense is woeful at times he's also dreadfully slow, Wilson has positional sense at times can jump when he feels like it and is slow as fuck.

As i said this is an opinion thread we do not all have to have the same opinion.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The criticism of Wilson and Keirnan seems a bit harsh.  These two are often hung out to dry by the rest of their team who are up the other end of the pitch attacking.  I'm sure they'd do much better with an experienced CDM in front of them and a safe pair of hands behind them.

Wilson is fucking rank rotten. The only time he passes to a blue jersey is when we are playing away to Falkirk!

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Positional sense, ability the crap teams we are up against all a factor.  Kiernan positional sense is woeful at times he's also dreadfully slow, Wilson has positional sense at times can jump when he feels like it and is slow as fuck.

As i said this is an opinion thread we do not all have to have the same opinion.

See I completely disagree, it's the other way around. Kiernan bosses the air to the extent that Keepers just don't bother kicking towards his side of the field and he can kick the ball up the park to McKay 8 times outta 10. 

Wilson on the other hand seems slack and just doesn't put in full effort. Both of them are fast enough to keep with a playing and pressure him that's the important thing. and a player that's McKays height is always going to have an easy time juking a 6ft2 guy.

Thought both CB's were pure fucking class against celtic and have been better than decent all season, especially considering they have only made a couple of mistakes in terms of playing it out from the back. I don't think we truly appreciate what a luxury we have that our whole defence are so composed at playing it out and technically able. Saying this, they have both got a mistake in them defensively and can sometimes loose concentration. I definitely think we need a top centre back to challenge them both so they are playing for there place every time they step out on the pitch.