Smile

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

there has been widespread speculation that Crooks has been signed as a back up squad player, but time will tell

The Accrington Stanley fans seem to rate Crooks a good bit higher than Windas. Different positions obviously but I'm not sure he's just going to be a backup player

3 hours ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

Just to say I have enjoyed this thread. Some well thought out arguments on all sides. I think we tend to know the players who need to leave. That leaves about 2 or 3 who are maybes. These decisions are where management teams earn their spurs.

I hope our management team will not be earning anything at Spurs but stay with us for a very long time!

:pipe:

Bell

Templeton 

Zelalem 

King

Gasparrato 

Clark

Michael Francis O'Halloran

And Michael Francis O'Halloran

2 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Bell

Templeton 

Zelalem 

King

Gasparrato 

Clark

And Michael Francis O'Halloran

Not a fan?

Temps contract up in the summer or does it run until december , be nice to have him as an option if he had a good pre season under Warbs just look at how good Mckay as come on since. i don't think we should let Sheils go either dont see the point in letting two good players go if we then have to spend money to replace them but with Crooks and Windass and other possible targets being lined up we will have to let some go very hard decisions to be made. 

Ok, slight side note on Rob and Danny

i feel they can both cut it at Rangers. Both players are only 23 years old and still learning.

Defenders don't hit there peak until 27ish. They have shown in plenty of games how good they can be and also showed they are still making odd mistakes in which they have to learn from.

imo they have the potential to be excellent centre backs for the club. My hope is they are given the time they need to realise the potential. 

I still think Law would be worth a new contract on low wages and as a squad option.

For me ...

Clark
Bell (even on loan)
King (return to Hearts)
Zelalem (return to Arsenal)
Shiels
The youngsters on loan - Murdoch, Walsh, Crawford, Aird - but keep Thompson, Hardie and McCrorie
O'Halloran (only if we can get a decent amount of our 500k back)
Templeton (still a bit of me thinks if he can stay fit and a run of games with the same treatment Warburton has given McKay he could have a new lease of life but that looks unlikely now)

1 hour ago, SwordandShield said:

The Accrington Stanley fans seem to rate Crooks a good bit higher than Windas. Different positions obviously but I'm not sure he's just going to be a backup player

as i said, time will tell.

as i recall it was McParland who was quoted as saying both were signed as squad players,

however i am sure Mr Warburton will have the final say

30 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Wilson, Kiernan, Law, Clark, Shiels and Fotheringham. Just don't see them developing in the top league at Rangers.

The spine of our team is what needs strengthening, but if we do what you suggest and sell Wilson, Kiernan and Foderingham that would be us losing any continuity we have at the moment.

Basically meaning instead of needing 3 new players for the spine of the team we'd need 6. And that's just for the spine of the team.

Can't believe people are looking for Templeton to get an extension. Has hardly kicked a ball in years, and is on a hefty wedge a week I'd imagine. 

Could easily replace him with better quality, or someone not made out of chocolate. 

On 02/05/2016 at 6:59 PM, BlueAvenger said:

Clark

Law

Templeton

Shiels

King

Bell

Zelalem

And most of the players we loaned out.

Did Warburton not say that he was using the loan system to give game time to young players he wants to keep.

On 5/2/2016 at 8:54 PM, graeme_4 said:

Can't believe people are looking for Templeton to get an extension. Has hardly kicked a ball in years, and is on a hefty wedge a week I'd imagine. 

Could easily replace him with better quality, or someone not made out of chocolate. 

I think people know he has quality and are hoping against hope that Warburton can get the best from him and his potential will be fulfilled.  I think he's worth a gamble.

The way we play leaves Kiernan and Wilson exposed at the back they play too far apart from each other as tav and waldo are always up the park and they've got to come across to cover for them leaving the middle of our defence empty....Templeton has been told to look for a club. What gets me is you would think Law, Clark and Shiels would be busting a gut to win another contract but when they get game time but they havent looked interested, I think they've been told their gone....