Your genuine thoughts on lifting the title?

ready1873

Yes you may be right that he gets pass marks from many as he is a bear, however, it can also work the other way! People joining the bandwagon and blaming him for goals that he should not be blamed for need to reflect on previous stars. He as a CM should not be blamed for marking at corners (just as Gazza and De Boer weren't).

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, John Greig's Sideburns said:

I think Halliday gets a pass far to often as he's a Rangers man. The first (and arguably) the second goal we conceded in the OF was due to his poor marking. He's been distinctively average all season for me and desperate the scoring in the final was he was pretty awful (I know most were). If we go into next season with Andy in the starting eleven consistently then we've underestimated the opposition next year and I don't see us doing much.

Yes you may be right that he gets pass marks from many as he is a bear, however, it can also work the other way! People joining the bandwagon and blaming him for goals that he should not be blamed for need to reflect on previous stars. He as a CM should not be blamed for marking at corners (just as Gazza and De Boer weren't).

41 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

The cb position is arguably the most difficult position that requires the most experience to master - especially in Warb's offensive system where they have less help.

Wilson and Kiernan are still 4 or 5 years away from their prime. Steve Bruce, one of Ferguson's favourite cb, was playing for Gillingham at their age ffs.

Both players were excellent against the best the scum had to offer. They demonstrated their potential in the most critical game. They will benefit from a player like Clint. And both are deserving of our support and more time to develop.

That being said, we still need another cb who is fast, aggresive in the air, and who can give a quick short outlet pass to the midfielders.

I don't disagree with that mate - but what I will say if they 2 are still 4/5 years away from their prime then they need to reach it elsewhere. We can't have them taking 4/5 years to become competent. 

Consistency will be key and we must start fast.. New manager's lead to inconstancy for the first few weeks. I believe it'll take Brenda time to get his ideas across to the taigs.. Throw in European football of some sort either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights. I think it gives us the opportunity to pile the pressure right on those cunts... That's why a fast and constant start is key come out running the weekend of August the 6th

6 hours ago, torquay gers said:

I think if we finish top 3 this year I would be happy,,,,but if we can beat those cunts in every game, I would be more happy, and merry.

I hope your on about Torquay United? We HAVE to come first or a close second. 

I reckon with what we have now we will come a close 2nd (with luck on our side may pip them to it.)

Add a CB better than what we have now and an out and out goal scorer who can steal tight games when we're not at our best and we will win it.

The biggest hurdle to our success this year wont be players or tactics - it will be referees.

Without a shadow of a doubt, they will be infatuated as fuck with Brenda, and kissing his arse all season long trying to gift him the league while giving us absolutely fuck all.

Our players have to have the mentality that we will be playing against 12 men every week, and no matter what calls go against us we overcome them by playing the fuck out of the opposition and repeatedly bulging their net.

12 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

The biggest hurdle to our success this year wont be players or tactics - it will be referees.

Without a shadow of a doubt, they will be infatuated as fuck with Brenda, and kissing his arse all season long trying to gift him the league while giving us absolutely fuck all.

Our players have to have the mentality that we will be playing against 12 men every week, and no matter what calls go against us we overcome them by playing the fuck out of the opposition and repeatedly bulging their net.

Geez a break ffs. You sound like a bead rattling mentalist.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I don't disagree with that mate - but what I will say if they 2 are still 4/5 years away from their prime then they need to reach it elsewhere. We can't have them taking 4/5 years to become competent. 

Remember Warb's tactics, KAI, he usually always subs at the 60 minute mark, and he likes mentors like Eustace alongside the less experienced.

So while i see Kiernan and Wilson playing in most games this year, i dont think they will be playing alot the gither, especially early in the season. If Warbs gets the other cb he wants, then he'll alternate Wilson and Kiernan with Clint and the new lad.

By doing this the two of them get mentored during games by a more experienced cb, hopefully enabling them to reach their full potential sooner rather than later.

Just now, baxterboy said:

Sorry, i didnae, realize you had a hearing problem as a result of the cock in your ear.

FUCK OFF! 

lol

You don't hear things on an Internet message board, you read them. Ya witless tarrier bastard.

22 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

You don't hear things on an Internet message board, you read them. Ya witless tarrier bastard.

Ok, then read this.

FUCK OFF!

Then, again, you might have a problem reading as well as hearing due to the school you went to ( see, we can all do that)

2 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

Ok, then read this.

FUCK OFF!

Then, again, you might have a problem reading as well as hearing due to the school you went to. 

You're boring me now, kiddo.

I liked it more when you posted about the things going on in your little mind.

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

You're boring me now, kiddo.

I liked it more when you posted about the things going on in your little mind.

As Joey said to the leggo muncher, ' you're out of your fucking league'!

You talk about boring, yet rely on the ol' fucking boring tarrier accusations as an argument against my point that refs will favour Brenda this year.

1 minute ago, baxterboy said:

You talk about boring, yet rely on the ol' fucking boring tarrier accusations as an argument against my point that refs will favour Brenda this year.

That's the reason people call us paranoid, as if Celtic don't have shocking referees against them as well.

1 minute ago, baxterboy said:

Barton never said that ya mess :lol:

32 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That's the reason people call us paranoid, as if Celtic don't have shocking referees against them as well.

I've watched football and sports for a long time now, and in every sport i've watched referees consistantly give calls to teams they favour.

eg. referees consistantly give the big teams calls that wee teams dont get - Montreal Canadians, the Lakers, Manchester united, etc.

A fair hard sliding tackle on Messi will be whistled a foul whereas the same fair tackle on a player on a small team wont be called.

And my point was, that Brenda - coming from a world class league with big reputation (unwaranted btw) to a lower quality league will infatuate refs, causing them to give his team calls they would not otherwise get.

It's got nothing to do with paranoia, and everything to do with the track record of referees.

You think they are objective fine, my experience watching them them over the years is that they are often glaringly subjective.

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

1 Only quoting because I want people to see this shit.

2 Hibs player - Oldco Hibs where he made his name in Scotland. He's still at that level or do you really think an uncompetitive top league in Scotland has improved him as a player?

3 And no Nicky Clark isn't capable of regularly scoring 40 goals ffs. Tongue in cheek obv but think about it.

4 Who mentioned Hearts (correct spelling BTW)? I predicted Lordi would win the 2006 Eurovision (won a good few quid on the night) but if I brought that up it would be equally as random.

5 Never said I was an "uber" fan, just giving my opinion on a public forum that I think we'll win the league.

Not sure why I keep replying to you when you're clearly a lost cause.

Fuck it. Peace SIMA. xx

They're shite (said it now), we're no', we're gonnae win the league.

1 You quote it so people can read it? Pretty sure they could read it without it being quoted.

2 old Co Hivs? So you're now referring to him as hivs standard but hivs years ago not now? Nearly a good get out but still a fail. 

3 you're now using a comparison between a player who played most games in the top league and scored plenty to a player who once scored a barrelload theb hardly got game time in a higher league. Excellent.

4. I mentioned Hertz. As I do when folk underestimate opposition just because we're the Rangers.

5 Hope you're right and if we find a player that can do what their CF does for them we have a good chance.