Your genuine thoughts on lifting the title?

ready1873

First is the target, first is first is realistic.

However whether we come first or not depends more on the scum than it does on us. They had the better squad than us ending last season (I know we beat them, but realistically that team would come out on top over a 38 game season). If they act smartly in the transfer window and play to their abilities then they SHOULD win the league.

I believe in our manager, and I believe in the dealings he has done in the transfer market, We have a more than capable squad. We need to be ready to pounce on any mistakes they make. We need to perform as we know we can do in the games against them. 

A flying start is key. We have a decent run of fixtures to open the season, and if we have real title aspirations we should be looking to be ahead in the league by the first time we play the scum.

We need a striker and a CB minimum IMO. Mariappa would be ideal. 

If you're on the outside looking in, coming second would probably be an achievement this season.However But we are Rangers and we will not settle for second best. The fans will rightly be urging the team to first and be disappointed if we don't achieve it. I can't wait.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Some garbage being spouted in here about the SF and final. Wilson had a good game in both those matches, Kiernan was horrific in the final.

The goals in the SF came as a result of Andy Halliday being unable to mark the Dane and the second goal was Law not tracking Kiernan, nothing to do with the CBs. In the final, Kiernan cost the first goal, Tav lost Stokes for the second and the third goal was Halliday again losing what ever the fuds name was. Revisionism at it's finest.

Free headers inside the box, from the middle are the center half's job. End of.

Halliday was at fault too for letting his man run into the box, but after that happens it's down to the center halfs to control that area. The free headers are unforgivable and it's not the first time either - was happening all season.

If you think Wilson had a good game in the cup final, fuck me, that's breathtaking. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Some garbage being spouted in here about the SF and final. Wilson had a good game in both those matches, Kiernan was horrific in the final.

The goals in the SF came as a result of Andy Halliday being unable to mark the Dane and the second goal was Law not tracking Kiernan, nothing to do with the CBs. In the final, Kiernan cost the first goal, Tav lost Stokes for the second and the third goal was Halliday again losing what ever the fuds name was. Revisionism at it's finest.

Kiernan is a woeful CB, I'd have Wilson all day long but ideally neither

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

You are unbelievably argumentative. I bet you've nae mates.

Deluded - I've never commented on the service he'll get this season.

Career history stats - Entirely applicable to you're capable of 40+ regular statement.

Everyone is shite - Similar to the "deluded" part of your post you're just making shit up now. Never said everyone is shite. :lol:

Semi-decent - Yep, semi-decent. Never said he was a bad player but if that's the player we've to fear the most then I'm certainly not worried. You keep on being a shitebag though. This season you'll be pleasantly surprised(tu)

You said scotland's player of the year was semi decent. Hivs standard.  Utter bollocks. If you think that of him I can envisage your opinions on all others. 

If we got someone as capable as him of scoring in the SPL I would immediately make us favourites. 

And saying someone that scored 40 goals isn't capable of regularly scoring 40 goals. Ffs ??

Shite bag? Aye ok, like when I was a shite bag for thinking Hertz would beat us in the league.

Thinking and saying we are great doesn't make you uber. Know your enemy. Know your competition. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It certainly is not, when it comes to defending corners it's a team game. The scum are filled with tall players and Wilson and Kiernan were marking their own player, are you expecting them to mark every scum player? It's like solely blaming a striker for the lack of goals from corners, it's incorrect and absurd.

Secondly the scum's second goal wasn't from a corner that you alluded too before.

Wilson was one of 3 players who showed up, to an extent, he made key blocks and on about 3 or 4 occasions stopped Stokes and Cummings when left one on one, something Kiernan couldn't do! 

Don't think either are good enough, but to blame the CBs for the goals in those two cup matches(Stokes opener being the exception) is ludicrous and based solely on a dislike for both.

I am mistaken - Rogic's goal (think it was him? was a shot in the box) .. that's fair enough but I can't agree with the rest ... it's Ok saying it's a team game when it comes to defending corners and yes, everyone has to do their bit but when the ball is thrown into that area and there's someone standing in the middle where our center backs are and get a free header in there for a goal then I'm blaming them for it. And rightly so.

If you don't think either are good enough what's the argument for? because you don't think Wilson is responsible for the amount of goals we are alluding to? they are both utterly pish and yes, a couple of fuds in my eyes who cost us goals all season - not just the cup final. Hopefully both are backup next season.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It certainly is not, when it comes to defending corners it's a team game. The scum are filled with tall players and Wilson and Kiernan were marking their own player, are you expecting them to mark every scum player? It's like solely blaming a striker for the lack of goals from corners, it's incorrect and absurd.

Secondly the scum's second goal wasn't from a corner that you alluded too before.

Wilson was one of 3 players who showed up, to an extent, he made key blocks and on about 3 or 4 occasions stopped Stokes and Cummings when left one on one, something Kiernan couldn't do! 

Don't think either are good enough, but to blame the CBs for the goals in those two cup matches(Stokes opener being the exception) is ludicrous and based solely on a dislike for both.

Our whole defence made Stokes look like Messi that day.

'lessons learned'

After our last competitive game (which I will always relate to as a form guide) we were dire. However, the bear that I am will never say no! I just hope that we can sort another CB and striker out and we could stand a chance.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That's basically it, I don't agree with them getting blamed for those goals in the two cup matches. Clark, Tav, Law and Halliday were to blame IMO. Although Kiernan's performance in the cup final was absolutely shambolic. They've both been at fault for goals this season no question about it, as was Ball. Still hoping we bring in two more CBs.

Surely to fuck, Kiernan's at fault for the first against Hibs? 

Have the tims got a good squad? Are the likely/rumoured to be signing anyone decent?  I have no idea, but the bookies expect us to be 2nd

It's too early to even think about it for me. I'll wait to see how we are doing and then think about it after the first game v the tims. 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's a very decent, instinctive striker who is capable of 40+ goals regularly on our top division.

He may be a bheggar knob, but his ability as a predatory scorer is exactly what we are short of.

Semi decent hivs ffs.

Normally i refrain from criticizing mentally challenged mongloids like griffiths;.

However, his penalty record clearly demonstrates, along with his abysmal scoring record in europe, that he is a choker extraordinaire and indeed a hibs quality player at best. He scored the mostly meaningless goals he did in a sub standard spfl.

Brenda is currently shitting himself at the prospect of mongoloid heid as his primary striker for europe and this years spfl.

12 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

Brenda is currently shitting himself at the prospect of mongoloid heid as his primary striker for europe and this years spfl.

Ffs I detest the cunt but care to quote anything which suggests their new manager is shitting himself at having him leading their line. Any quote or link at all.....

Right now we are neck and neck with the scum for the title.

A quality striker with great balance capable of taking advantage of the tika taka interplay in and around the 18 yard line, working the channels with a quick shot and a poacher.  We're more likely to find him in eurpoe or south america. 

A Marco Negri type player.

The league is guaranteed with such an addition.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ffs I detest the cunt but care to quote anything which suggests their new manager is shitting himself at having him leading their line. Any quote or link at all.....

Between you and i now ....I happen to be one of the very few that's privy to the one who knows it all ... Kenny Millar's neighbour ;)

52 minutes ago, John Greig's Sideburns said:

Let's just all agree that neither Halliday, Wilson or Kiernan should be anywhere near the starting eleven consistently next season :541:

I can't say I have read the conversations leading to this post, however, I think that Halliday's midfield display in the last Old Firm game was simply outstanding. then to think his goal in the Scottish cup final (out of absolutely nothing) near pulled us out of a heap. Got to say Andy's name should be nowhere near a negative post on here!

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Free headers inside the box, from the middle are the center half's job. End of.

Halliday was at fault too for letting his man run into the box, but after that happens it's down to the center halfs to control that area. The free headers are unforgivable and it's not the first time either - was happening all season.

If you think Wilson had a good game in the cup final, fuck me, that's breathtaking. 

The cb position is arguably the most difficult position that requires the most experience to master - especially in Warb's offensive system where they have less help.

Wilson and Kiernan are still 4 or 5 years away from their prime. Steve Bruce, one of Ferguson's favourite cb, was playing for Gillingham at their age ffs.

Both players were excellent against the best the scum had to offer. They demonstrated their potential in the most critical game. They will benefit from a player like Clint. And both are deserving of our support and more time to develop.

That being said, we still need another cb who is fast, aggresive in the air, and who can give a quick short outlet pass to the midfielders.

7 minutes ago, sco22y said:

I can't say I have read the conversations leading to this post, however, I think that Halliday's midfield display in the last Old Firm game was simply outstanding. then to think his goal in the Scottish cup final (out of absolutely nothing) near pulled us out of a heap. Got to say Andy's name should be nowhere near a negative post on here!

I think Halliday gets a pass far to often as he's a Rangers man. The first (and arguably) the second goal we conceded in the OF was due to his poor marking. He's been distinctively average all season for me and desperate the scoring in the final was he was pretty awful (I know most were). If we go into next season with Andy in the starting eleven consistently then we've underestimated the opposition next year and I don't see us doing much.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You said scotland's player of the year was semi decent. Hivs standard.  Utter bollocks. If you think that of him I can envisage your opinions on all others. 

If we got someone as capable as him of scoring in the SPL I would immediately make us favourites. 

And saying someone that scored 40 goals isn't capable of regularly scoring 40 goals. Ffs ??

Shite bag? Aye ok, like when I was a shite bag for thinking Hertz would beat us in the league.

Thinking and saying we are great doesn't make you uber. Know your enemy. Know your competition. 

Only quoting because I want people to see this shit.

Hibs player - Oldco Hibs where he made his name in Scotland. He's still at that level or do you really think an uncompetitive top league in Scotland has improved him as a player?

And no Nicky Clark isn't capable of regularly scoring 40 goals ffs. Tongue in cheek obv but think about it.

Who mentioned Hearts (correct spelling BTW)? I predicted Lordi would win the 2006 Eurovision (won a good few quid on the night) but if I brought that up it would be equally as random.

Never said I was an "uber" fan, just giving my opinion on a public forum that I think we'll win the league.

Not sure why I keep replying to you when you're clearly a lost cause.

Fuck it. Peace SIMA. xx

They're shite (said it now), we're no', we're gonnae win the league.