Your genuine thoughts on lifting the title?

ready1873

My thoughts on lifting the Title?

For health & safety it should be lifted with bent knees, & a straight back. ( The Knees, & back should be attached to a human body, preferably one wearing a Rangers top)

I'd also like Rangers to lift the Title on a regular basis, 10 in a row would be nice.

Lifting the Title more than once a year is asking too much, even for a club of our standing.

We should also look at winning other competitions, such as The Scottish Cup.

I also firmly believe, that we should give the Europa League a good go at as well. Nobody seems to want to win this, by fielding their best 11 players, apart from Seville.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee prediction here-

We'll have the title in the bag with at least 3 games to spare. Doesn't matter who Brenda brings in. He may or may not have millions to spend, it's irrelevant. No £6m players are going to come to Scotland, not until the league has improved a hell of a lot from where it is now. He's not going to signing anybody that's lightyears ahead of our own new recruits. Aye, he might well sign players that are technically better players than, for example, Crooks or Windass, but they won't be streets ahead. On paper Penn State FC have a decent squad. On paper. But they are bottlers and underperformers every last one of them.

The rest of the division are rank average. They can put 10 men behind the ball and try to contain us, as teams in the lower divisions did, which I don't think their support will be too happy about, or they can come out and try to play football. Which is good for us because if they do that we will tear them apart (with the exception of a few games when we are poor, and there will be days like that). 

The bheasts are hugely overrated, but the likes of Hearts and the sheep worriers are overhyped too. I think a lot of people are in for a big shock. How much better are the likes of Ross County, Partick Thistle etc compared to Hivs, Falkirk, St Mirren? The gap between the bottom 6 of the top division and the top 6 of the championship is, at most, slim. We will win 55 this season! 

With Joey Barton walking around at training every day telling everyone "we're going to win the league" and the determination I heard from Niko, the positivity within the squad will be high.

The gaffer has that air of confidence as well and with the next 2 or 3 signings/loans to come in and address the areas that need attention, I have no doubt we will be celebrating 55 come May

If we played the league with the current team as of today I think we'd fall short of winning it.

We're at a good place at this time of the transfer window, another couple of quality signings, I still think we need a forward and cb that are straight in the team, and we should be right up there. Anything below 2nd regardless of bringing anyone else in would be a shambles.

15 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Had a discussion with a few fellow bears at work on Friday and only myself said we will win the league. What is the view of RM?

We have brought in guys who do not accept failure and are shrewd operators. With the football we played last season, the added steel and experience (which were the lacking elements v HIVs), the new drive for Foderingham, lessons learnt and the feverish support, we WILL win this league.

And of course, Kenny Miller!

I don't know how anyone can make a prediction.  How will the new signings gell? How will we handle playing a cup final every week?  Has our system been found out, and if so, do we have a plan B? Who will Celtic sign and how much of an effect will Rodgers have?  There's too many variables.  Of course it could all click and we could have a great season but there's so many unknowns.  

36 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

@Briton - We played a cup final practically every game last year. This season we're going to get more space and freedom and that can only be a positive for me.

That's a fair point but I think the intensity will rise a notch this year.  I don't think that means teams will necessarily come at us more though.  

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Before the cup game I stated only 2/3 of the scum players would feature in a combined old firm 11. After the signings we've made, I still only think 2 would. Their squad is filled with average players, only Tierney and Griffiths have any ability and Wallace is superior to the kid. 

Really hope it's true that Rodgers isn't going to make many signings as the likes of Ambrose, Lustig, Boyata, Janko, Brown, Izzaguirre, Armstrong, GMS, McGregor, Henderson, Johnasen, Judas, Mulgrew, Christie, Ciftchi, Forrest and Fischer isn't something to worry about!

Your knowledge and correct spelling of that lot is a wee bit worrying tbf 

I can only go on what WE do, our progression under MW has been steady and sure and I can only accept the bosses word that his acquisitions this season add the much needed guile and experience we were clearly lacking. Add them to our "young team" and I expect a very decent challenge. But I know nothing of our new guys- so pre season and the league cup format I am sure will signify what we are all about. 

A long winded way of saying- I expect us to lift the title at the first time of asking as I trust in MW and I couldn't give two fucks what anyone else is doing/buying. 

WATP 

19 minutes ago, John Greig's Sideburns said:

No, because people are acting like it won't even be a challenge and the likes of Celtic and Aberdeen have suddenly become utter shite

And you would think celtic still had the likes of Larsson the way some are thinking they are some great uncatchable team , it is arguably one of the worst celtic squads and that is including some of the shite they had during our 9 in a row 

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

And you would think celtic still had the likes of Larsson the way some are thinking they are some great uncatchable team , it is arguably one of the worst celtic squads and that is including some of the shite they had during our 9 in a row 

This may be one of the worst celtic squads ever but, technically this is our 4th worst squad ever

Its been very quiet over at the piggery.

I expect Brenda to sign a couple once the Euros are finished. This will be in an attempt to upstage us.

I hope then DK will have the savvy to foresee this and pull a rabbit out the hat to tell Brenda GIRFUY. Psychology matters.

21 hours ago, K.A.I said:

need to hope Hill is better than any of they two fuds at center half last season 

Fuck sake, they had poor moments but the good outweigh the bad. 

Just cause you only notice them when we concede goals. I'd have a team of Wilson before a single Mohsni. Hill will give them experience and on field direction, the lads can only go up from here. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fuck sake, they had poor moments but the good outweigh the bad. 

Just cause you only notice them when we concede goals. I'd have a team of Wilson before a single Mohsni. Hill will give them experience and on field direction, the lads can only go up from here. 

:lol: only notice when they conede goals? despite that being their primary job ... have you ever seen these 2 try to pass a ball, or win a header, or command their area, or man mark to a high standard at set pieces?

Just now, K.A.I said:

:lol: only notice when they conede goals? despite that being their primary job ... have you ever seen these 2 try to pass a ball, or win a header, or command their area, or man mark to a high standard at set pieces?

Hey, it's their just as much as it's Waghorns job to score goals, yet he's gone games without scoring. No football player plays their position perfectly 100% of a seasons games. Mistakes happen.

They've both been good at passing the ball, hell Wilson assisted Waghorn in his second goal of the season against Hibs. Kiernan switches to McKay a lot and isn't afraid to go up the park to keep the ball live. Kiernan and Wilson have both done a good job at bossing the air. 

And as for the latter two yeah their poorer there, but with Hill coming in he'll be there on the pitch in order to direct them. It's all fine saying Weir is their mentor, but Weir can't come onto the pitch and give them some direction. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Hey, it's their just as much as it's Waghorns job to score goals, yet he's gone games without scoring. No football player plays their position perfectly 100% of a seasons games. Mistakes happen.

They've both been good at passing the ball, hell Wilson assisted Waghorn in his second goal of the season against Hibs. Kiernan switches to McKay a lot and isn't afraid to go up the park to keep the ball live. Kiernan and Wilson have both done a good job at bossing the air. 

And as for the latter two yeah their poorer there, but with Hill coming in he'll be there on the pitch in order to direct them. It's all fine saying Weir is their mentor, but Weir can't come onto the pitch and give them some direction. 

I agree with you on the last part - I think we can get away with one of them playing (pref Kiernan) provided Hill is a calm head and can actually defend. I'm not saying he can't it's just he's a player I've never seen or at least noticed so would be wrong of me to say for sure he will sort the mess at the back.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree with you on the last part - I think we can get away with one of them playing (pref Kiernan) provided Hill is a calm head and can actually defend. I'm not saying he can't it's just he's a player I've never seen or at least noticed so would be wrong of me to say for sure he will sort the mess at the back.

Well I do think we need another CB, because as much as I like Kiernan, like I said he and wilson do make mistakes and I don't think I can fully trust them on the park them two selves in the SPFL for now.

It'd need to be Kiernan/Wilson with Hill/New Cb. Just a bit of rotation. But I do think Kiernan has more potential than Wilson. 

We should wrap the title up and it will not be a breeze We are against a team who nearly contrived to chuck away a 5th league title while be pumped out of Europe 3 times before Christmas and were arsed out of two national cups by teams from a lower league. Nothing about the tinkers actually worries me if we compete with the rest of the teams like aberdeen and hearts.Should brenda fail she will be out the door quicker than she can last with her tranny mate.