16 Years ago, we signed a PFA Player of the Year player

That player was none other than Kenny Miller. 

For a fee of 2 million pound, Kenny Miller joined Rangers on the 26th of June in the year 2000, he scored 8 goals for us in 30 appearances. However, this was short lived as he signed for Wolverhampton Wanderers after going on loan to them. There he had a better time, having 162 appearances with 50 goals to his name. 

After this, the unthinkable happened. A ex Rangers player signed for our rivals, Celtic on a one year deal. Having 33 appearances with them and scoring 7 goals. However after 1 season, he was off again, this time to Derby county for a season. 

Then bizarrely, Kenny Miller came back to Rangers in the year 2008, this time staying with us for 3 years. This time round, he had a better time, getting 108 appearances and 56 goals! but after 2011 he was off again, from 2011-14 he went to 3 different clubs, each time having good success. 

And then, for the third time Kenny Miller came back to Rangers FC, in the year 2014. He scored 9 goals for us in 42 appearances, but in this season is where he shined, getting 21 goals for us in 43 appearances. 

Not many Footballers can say they've got a history like Kenny Miller has. He's a professional through and through and I'm glad he's on our side. and for his service to the club, which totals up too, 231 (and counting!) with 97 goals to his name, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes down in the history books as a great footballer who signed for us 3 times. 

Here's to King kenny :cheers:

Kenny-Miller.jpg

In that season 16 years ago we also signed top players from Chelsea and Barcelona, spent £30,000,000 altogether on players and total sell of players was £4,000,000. 

And we ended up out of Europe before Xmas and winning nothing. :disappointment:

5 minutes ago, Briton said:

His best season is yet to come...hopefully.   He's made me eat my words.  I didn't agree with signing after he went to Celtic but he's proved himself a great servant.

Had a fair helping of that humble pie myself.

Thought we were going to end that game with about five goals.

I remember Scotland played Italy at Hampden and they had Nesta and Cannavaro at centre-half. Miller scored and afterwards one of them said he was so difficult to play against and they struggles with him. And that is one formidable defense.

I know of folk that still wont celebrate a Kenny Miller goal which to me is fuckin stupid. He is a model professional probably had one of his best seasons last year, When Waghorn got injured you wondered where goals would come from but Kenny stepped up and was excellent for us.

I remember seeing Kenny score his first goal for Rangers at Rugby park in our second game of the season when we beat Killie 4-2. I was right behind the goal in the Chadwick stand when he put it in the net and I was very surprised Advocaat flogged him off the next season to Wolves.

He's more than earned his money in the service of Rangers.

21 hours ago, tannerall said:

In that season 16 years ago we also signed top players from Chelsea and Barcelona, spent £30,000,000 altogether on players and total sell of players was £4,000,000. 

And we ended up out of Europe before Xmas and winning nothing. :disappointment:

Thats crazy! 4m back from 30m no wonder we got into massive debt.

Had we had warbs shrewdness  it might of been 4m spent 30m banked

24 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I remember seeing Kenny score his first goal for Rangers at Rugby park in our second game of the season when we beat Killie 4-2. I was right behind the goal in the Chadwick stand when he put it in the net and I was very surprised Advocaat flogged him off the next season to Wolves.

He's more than earned his money in the service of Rangers.

Did he not leave once McLeish had taken over?

10 minutes ago, left winger said:

Did he not leave once McLeish had taken over?

There is a possibility you could be correct about that,mate, but I seem to remember Miller going to Wolves in September and Big Eck became our manager around the time of my my mate's birthday which is in December.