Barton

Teddybear123

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

he would be better employed playing rather than media work, he has barely won a tackle, looks a yard off the pace and he will be taken to the cleaners by legobrron if that is all he has to offer

Bollox brown is shite and bartons class will shine through, it's the defence I worry about and that's all. What Barton said about broon was bang on and he is a far superior player to brown

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Can't start him and Rossiter in the same starting 11. Going by recent performances, there's only one winner there for me.

100%. Correct

Both slow the play to a point where we can't break quickly anymore. There is no chance however that MW would not play Barton ahead of the fantastic Rossiter. 

13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Barton deserved hooked at half time. He improved in the second half.

He plays as if he's the man everything must go through, but he's not at the level for that yet either through fitness or underestimating the Scottish game.

Him and Rossiter together hinder our offensive play, only need one. For me it would be young Rossiter.

Not for me and not how I see it - Barton never hides was the key driver today - Rossiter is playing well and deserves his place but not ahead of Barton 

9 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

How the fuck is he shoehorning Barton in :lol: Who the fuck else is he going to play, we have 3 midfielders injured fs, ye hear some amount of shite on here

Could have played Forrester in the midfield 3 with MO'H on the right.

The current midfield doesn't work. Clear as day.

20 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Barton wax really impressive today - especially at the end and it was him driving the team forward, egging them all on, snapping in to tackles that made the difference.  Rossiter is playing well! Both deserve their starting slots 

My thoughts aswell bud.

FUCK THE SNP!!!:D

35 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Can't start him and Rossiter in the same starting 11. Going by recent performances, there's only one winner there for me.

Most recent performance was today, Rossiter was awful today but at least he kept going and didn't hide I suppose.

Barton on the other hand more than stood up in the second half.

It'll take time for any team to gel especially the engine room in midfield.

If you want to have a discussion on who should drop out of midfield that should be directed at Andy Haliday as he is hopeless playing further forward.

38 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Will that be the 2 recent performances that have seen us go to the top of the Scottish game ? 

33 minutes ago, thehost said:

he would be better employed playing rather than media work, he has barely won a tackle, looks a yard off the pace and he will be taken to the cleaners by legobrron if that is all he has to offer

Haha, this thread is about Barton. "He has barley won a tackle" you're fishing.

not one for defending the midfield, but it must be fucking baw bursting seeing the space for an expertly played pass in behind, only to find your centre forward 3 yards deeper than you because WE DONT HAVE A FUCKING STRIKER

honest to fuck its demoralising as fuck watching as we move the ball from ide to side because there is fuck all to hit in front of us, if i was a centre half id love to play against us simply because you can let the man your supposed to mark run to the halfway line instead of into your box

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

not one for defending the midfield, but it must be fucking baw bursting seeing the space for an expertly played pass in behind, only to find your centre forward 3 yards deeper than you because WE DONT HAVE A FUCKING STRIKER

honest to fuck its demoralising as fuck watching as we move the ball from ide to side because there is fuck all to hit in front of us, if i was a centre half id love to play against us simply because you can let the man your supposed to mark run to the halfway line instead of into your box

All day long. All. Day. Long.

Barton's attitude is fine . His ability is there. The system of 3 doesn't suit him.

He needs runners off him , not being the one doing the graft. We won't see the best of him as we don't play a midfield 5 and for me , rossiter can't be dropped 

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

This is true, but if we're playing 4-3-3 at least one of the midfield needs to make forward runs and a midfield of Barton, Rossiter and Halliday doesn't offer enough.  I agree with one of the earlier posts about playing Forrester in midfield rather than as one of the front 3.

I Iike Rossiter, but tbh he didn't play that well today and Barton was decent in the second half