Written off

Craigferguson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah opinions are like arseholes every ones got one and some folk talk out of theirs. As far back as I can remember an away game against that mob has always been considered a difficult task, its always been like that. On numerous occasion's we have defied the odds and the pundits and came away with all 3 points, it ain't going to be easy but it certainly is not impossible. We have gone there and been beaten with teams packed with more quality, experience and skill than the current squad.

While over the next 5 days my emotions will rise and fall with every minute that ticks by ranging from we are going to get done to we are going to do this but the truth is I have no idea how this is going to pan out but I will be fucked if I will be cowering in fear of a team that got beat of The Imps of Gibraltar :thumbup:

I am actually buzzing for this, come on Rangers :uk:

5 minutes ago, BlueCafu1872 said:

Apparently we have no pace in our team and the thumb is actually the flash and were all gonna be blown away by his blistering runs:wink:

The thumb is a decent forward at this level however he is no superstar. He wasnt great the last time we played so I dont see him as the difference between the teams at all.

4 minutes ago, BlueCafu1872 said:

Apparently we have no pace in our team and the thumb is actually the flash and were all gonna be blown away by his blistering runs:wink:

I thought he had a hamstring injury. they take at least 3 weeks to recover from. I`m sure he won`t be playing .........:541:

It's always the same before we play them. Hardly surprising and it only takes the pressure off of us because nobody expects us to take anything from the game.

That mob are that confident they'll give us a pumping that I honestly think if we went there and took a point off them it would actually damage their morale and hurt their fans more than a defeat would to us.

Just now, K.A.I said:

The fact I don't feel confident is usually a good sign - so here's hoping.

If we want it more and remain organised and disciplined then why not?

I just don't see us keeping a clean sheet and right away that's a concern.

Anything can happen in these games of course but we haven't strung a few passes together since the season started. We look honking in midfield and that's one of the areas we dominated to win last season.

9 hours ago, craigfeguson said:

See all the press and ex players of clubs have written us off again. Did they not learn from last year with a squad weaker than this 1? Cunts 

Best way to go into an OF game imo. Puts the pressure on them to come at us. Im not as confident as I usually am for OF games but I can see it being a lot closer game than many in the press are expecting it to be.

5 hours ago, don logan said:

They'll look to try and dominate early and it's imperative we don't let them.

Yeah that's my worry as well, they will come at us 100 mile an hour and close us down,and we will still be trying to play from the back,warburton will get a shock at the speed of these mutants

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'd right us off as well to be honest, i'm not impressed at all so far and can only hope our energy levels and speed of play rise.

We are not good enough at the moment, it hurts to admit it but we're just not.

I am not over confident but NEVER EVER write your team off before they kick a ball ffs  :power_of_anguish:

If the fans have that attitude how can you expect the team to go out and be positive. Both have to believe we can win until the final whistle or we are fucked before we start !!!

11 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

I am not over confident but NEVER EVER write your team off before they kick a ball ffs  :power_of_anguish:

If the fans have that attitude how can you expect the team to go out and be positive. Both have to believe we can win until the final whistle or we are fucked before we start !!!

Huh?

There's a difference between assessing the side as a passionate fan and assessing the side logically. Since this is a thread regarding the media writing us off I thought it was clear that distinction had been made - I can understand why people in papers etc are writing us off - if I worked in that same capacity I would do the same.

I'm not going to defend my fandom, people who know me know exactly where I stand and how obsessed I am with Rangers, but staying true to the topic at hand - I stick by everything I said.

I am in North Cyprus this week but by golly I will be in a local boozer getting tanked.Then the old Sonos in the apartment will be getting ramped up with FollowFollow etc.... I will be competing with that local mosque blaring out at 5am!!!

10 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm not going to defend my fandom, people who know me know exactly where I stand and how obsessed I am with Rangers, but staying true to the topic at hand - I stick by everything I said.

As do I. No offence intended but your willingness to agree we should be written off doesn't sit well with me and I hope the team go out with a far more positive attitude Saturday whatever the result. 

We will always get written off by the press but once we start agreeing with them it's game over .

And for the record if we play to our best I think we could piss all over them. It's anyone's game.

I think if it were Tynecastle or Pittodire this weekend we'd still be the underdogs, that's how basic our start to the season has been. 

We've got a squad of players with a point to prove and they couldn't ask for a better stage to show what they're made of

If they put in a whimper of a performance again then it's not even about challenging Celtic this season, it'll be about challenging Aberdeen and Hearts to 2nd place.

The reality is that statistically the home team wins the match but as we all know it's the old firm - any fking thing can happen, and usually does! I've gone into OF games being supremely confident and we have lost - I have seen OF games when I thought we had no chance and won. It's a  rolercoaster but that's what makes it great! 

93rd minute  Edu type goal - that'll do!

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Yeah that's my worry as well, they will come at us 100 mile an hour and close us down,and we will still be trying to play from the back,warburton will get a shock at the speed of these mutants

Totally agree.    Obviously I hope we don't lose but realistically we will be lucky to get a draw never mind win.