The Manager

Blackandra

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

So he was right?

Think we could have been better but yes, he was right, his team selection got him 3 points.

However considering next week there is also a consideration that next Sunday's team should have started tonight. I don't think our 11 could anywhere near cope next Sunday. And it's naive again to chop and change for such a big game.

But time will tell and if it goes wrong hindsight Police such as myself will give an opinion.

I suspect he/the club were making the point, that if you continue to appear to be unfairly harsh in your views, then we retain the right not to play ball.  It's no bad thing in my opinion, as it redresses the imbalance in reporting little by little.

I notice that Sutton was fairly diplomatic in his commentary tonight.

Still don't like the guy though - how could you?

3 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I suspect he/the club were making the point, that if you continue to appear to be unfairly harsh in your views, then we retain the right not to play ball.  It's no bad thing in my opinion, as it redresses the imbalance in reporting little by little.

I notice that Sutton was fairly diplomatic in his commentary tonight.

Still don't like the guy though - how could you?

I also think Sutton toned it down a bit and this was probably all to do with Rangers taking a hard line approach ?

51 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

I would think it would be because of Suttons personal criticism of him and Rangers recently 

I hope he's not such a sensitive little petal - criticism comes with the territory.

Every other manager that's in a tight spot gets it - why should Warburton be any different?

He's had plenty of praise when it's been due.

Rough with the smooth & all that.

(Not to say I agree with Sutton, but you don't give the bastards ANYTHING which makes them think they've got you rattled).

19 minutes ago, its_an_extender said:

Same sound bytes probably. Played well, difficult place to come and get 3 points, dominated the ball, should be more critical in front of goal, we're in good shape and will take it into next week. 

He's got a good result to hang that off this week - it should get him through.

49 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think we could have been better but yes, he was right, his team selection got him 3 points.

However considering next week there is also a consideration that next Sunday's team should have started tonight. I don't think our 11 could anywhere near cope next Sunday. And it's naive again to chop and change for such a big game.

But time will tell and if it goes wrong hindsight Police such as myself will give an opinion.

Out of curiosity,

what changes would you have made to the starting 11 taking into consideration into next week?