Joe Garner

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

Lets judge a goal poacher without seeing him get any service :lol: The cunt has made his career out of scoring tap ins and headers, how many crosses has he had whipped into him? How many decent chances has he actually been given? 

We play the same way, every game, he's not going to get many whipped in crosses. Waste of money pure and simple. Managers fault though not his.

Just now, MasterD said:

We play the same way, every game, he's not going to get many whipped in crosses. Waste of money pure and simple. Managers fault though not his.

If we played the way we are supposed to with fast attacking play we would create chances for him to finish. 

He plays daft the way he puts himself about.  But is it any wonder when our forwards play utter shite but still keep him out the team, or won't sling a cross in for him to attack when he is on.

He has scored once against the bheast and was inches away again today. More than the contribution of any other forward this season. 

Get him in and give him a run. He'll stay central. Get wingers and full backs to swing in crosses for him. I'd put money on him getting more goals than any other forward if we did just that.

Would have more respect for MW if he went 4-4-2 against st Johnstone and play garner and miller up top from the start and then I'd judge garner on how he played there.

he doesn't suit the lone striker role so people saying he is shite it's a bit premature, it's like signing an attacking midfielder to play as a holding midfielder.

Questionable signing to say the least.  This is firstly because of cost and age. Secondly, his style of play does not fit in to how MW sets us up.

He just doesn't look like he fits in to what we do as a team, so I don't get the signing at all. For me, he plays on Wednesday and we play Forrester on the right and Dodoo on the left. Same midfield 3 as today and same back 4, they deserve to keep their places. 

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

He's a poundland Diego Costa. Seemed like a panic buy at the time and coming off a rank goalscoring season was never going to be easy for him here if he didn't start banging in the goals from day 1.

1.8 million 6 packs of golden wonder cheese and onion looks a better deal to me.