Nicky Law

Dan Deacon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been Law's greatest fan but think he has improved a lot this season. Was surprised to see Shiels chosen ahead of him yesterday. Thought Law contributed significantly when he came on.

Law has been good this season and I thought it was harsh not to start him yesterday. However, Shiels more than justified his start with what I thought was a motm performance.

Players are justifiably criticised but equally a fan should give credit where it is due. Law has been good for us this season and he has also acted very professionally considering he lost his starting place when Zelalem came in. He seems to have bought into Warburton's vision and is doing what is asked of him.

Shiels starting was the right choice,he played really well yesterday. Always gives a good account of himself when he plays.

Sheils is a good wee player and has looked a lot sharper and fitter this season.

At the end of last season when McCall took over and gave him a run in the team he looked better than your Blacks/Huttons but was blowing out his arse after 60 minutes.

He has the chance now to put a few decent performances in while Gedion is away on international duty,if he does enough then maybe Gedion will go back to Arsenal in january.

Shiels starting was the right choice,he played really well yesterday. Always gives a good account of himself when he plays.

I wasn't having a go at Shiels, thought he did OK yesterday too. Just think Law is more natural replacement for Zelalem, whereas Holt and Shiels tend to play in similar areas and fashion. All a matter of opinion though.

That's obviously not true or he'd play every game.

What part isn't true? He doesn't start every game because Halliday and Zelalem and Holt are all ahead of him,with Law next in line.

Your wee pal Nicky just isn't that good,get over it.

Sheils is a good wee player and has looked a lot sharper and fitter this season.

At the end of last season when McCall took over and gave him a run in the team he looked better than your Blacks/Huttons but was blowing out his arse after 60 minutes.

He has the chance now to put a few decent performances in while Gedion is away on international duty,if he does enough then maybe Gedion will go back to Arsenal in january.

If Shiels continues to put in performances like he has been there's no reason why he can't command a starting spot. Gaffer seems to speak really highly of Zelalem,and rightly so the boy is class. Hopefully strike a deal to keep him till the end of the season.

I wasn't having a go at Shiels, thought he did OK yesterday too. Just think Law is more natural replacement for Zelalem, whereas Holt and Shiels tend to play in similar areas and fashion. All a matter of opinion though.

(tu)

What part isn't true? He doesn't start every game because Halliday and Zelalem and Holt are all ahead of him,with Law next in line.

Your wee pal Nicky just isn't that good,get over it.

3 biggest games this season and Law lasted 90 minutes in all of them. First time we need a sub Holt gets hooked. You need to get over last season.

Even pointing to last season the guy had 54 games and 13 goals to show for it under the worst manager of all time. Holt wasn't the best player yesterday, Law was better and made more of an impact when we had run out of ideas. He's the whipping boy on here because of last season.

How many of these 54 games were under Mccall who was the manager at Motherwell when we bought him and basically made him? 1 good game in that spell against Hearts I'll admit. Shouldn't get in the starting 11 if we don't get injuries. Zelalem, Shiels and Holt are all better players.

for me halliday is a starter when fit after that it has to be holt/zelalem and shiels/law, I just think we are too lightweight in the middle with both holt and zela playing.

Agree with this. Both Holt and Zelalem are talented young players who will get better and better but the experience of Shiels or Law does seem to give us a bit more guile in the middle when it is packed.

You have posters of Law on your bedroom wall,don't you...

Just blank sheets of a4 plastered over the wall.

"there's Nicky against Raith"

"this 1 was taken away at Alloa last season"

"this picture shows him doing nothing against Hibs"

I honestly don't think he's anywhere near as bad as people make out.

Even in previous years with shit management and players around him he always looked like the most talented player we had by a mile.

Hopefully he get's a new contract.