***Official Holland v Scotland thread***

gers20

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being realistic we will prob get beat, with all the injuries n all

but was watching some of the old world cup highlights from mexico etc on youtube, fuck do i want to see scotland in a major championship again more than almost anything, i would probably only exclude seeing smith at the helm next season!

being realistic we will prob get beat, with all the injuries n all

but was watching some of the old world cup highlights from mexico etc on youtube, fuck do i want to see scotland in a major championship again more than almost anything, i would probably only exclude seeing smith at the helm next season!

I know. I feared we'd never see it again after Vogts fucked our co-efficient up so much, but the progress made in the last couple of years gives me renewed hope we might sneak it. This group is a great chance, we must try to take a point from this game as I fear we could end up scraping second but be the only team that doesn't make it to the play-offs :(

it will be a complete and utter shock if we do not get well and truly humped.

I have no faith in our midfield players either. Brown, Ferguson and Fletcher. All are way over-rated.

It's funny but I have most faith in those players, Barry included. Brown is playing very well, Fletcher is playing well and Ferguson is starting to find a little bit of form. It's the area where I think we have most quality (except for the goalkeepers). I'm not one that thinks either Brown or Fletcher are at all over-rated. Fletcher, especially, is a very good player.

I have no faith up top and at the full back positions (when Hutton is out). I'm no fan of the ageing Alexander and while I think Whittaker is a better right back than Broadfoot, he doesn't really instill confidence into me. And Naysmith is, well, average at best.

I reckon we'll lose 3-0.

I'd be more positive if I was able to watch it though.

Van Persie here saying he's disappointed we have so many players out for this one as he wanted a hard game. Be careful what you wish for Robin :pipe:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7966897.stm

Dunno why but I have a gut feeling we may sneak a win here. One of those occasional gut feelings that come off. Lets hope so! :scot:

I hate to see our players pull out like this. If Walter was still Scotland manager, he'd be raging at this.

It always happens.

It's one of the things that I find hardest to defend about Rangers. It can't just be coincedence, every time a game comes round at least four of our players pull out.

Ferguson regularly pulling it is the most embarrassing for me. Hes the captain ffs! He should be wanting to pull on a Scotland jersey whenever possible! If he's not, then he's not fit to be captain.

(tu)

I hate to see our players pull out like this. If Walter was still Scotland manager, he'd be raging at this.

It always happens.

It's one of the things that I find hardest to defend about Rangers. It can't just be coincedence, every time a game comes round at least four of our players pull out.

Ferguson regularly pulling it is the most embarrassing for me. Hes the captain ffs! He should be wanting to pull on a Scotland jersey whenever possible! If he's not, then he's not fit to be captain.

(tu)

Ferguson is playing.

I think we should go with a 6-3-1 formation, or if possible have mcgregor and gordon in goals. then we might not get tanked too hard.

:lol: I wonder if it actually says anywhere that it's illegal to play 3 keepers and just line them up.

I fear an absolute shagging.

Do you work in a whore house in Edinburgh :craphead:

I reckon we will give a good performance and think we could get something out of it. Having said that we will probably lose to a deflected goal in the 89th minute :anguish:

I reckon we will give a good performance and think we could get something out of it. Having said that we will probably lose to a deflected goal in the 89th minute :anguish:

ah the old Scottish way to lose a game (tu)

ah the old Scottish way to lose a game (tu)

Aye, the Scottish way - glorious failure and some quality songs to remember it by. As always, I hope we stand up and get counted, but hope and experience are two different entities. Would dearly love to see us get back to the big stage, though - even though our early exit seems pre-ordained when we do qualify, the World Cup is just plain lifeless for me when we're not in the mix.