Golf

kplfishtank

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

"I don't think I hit a fairway from the 10th and you cannot play this golf course if you are not in position off the tee". 

Notifed he kept hooking it off the tee but he was only 2 over when I went to bed. He'll be lucky to make the cut now. So much for that wee cunt Mcginleys prediction that the bombers will be miles ahead of everyone else. ?

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Notifed he kept hooking it off the tee but he was only 2 over when I went to bed. He'll be lucky to make the cut now. So much for that wee cunt Mcginleys prediction that the bombers will be miles ahead of everyone else. ?

its not how far you hit it here - but how straight. Its easy hitting a drive on some US fairways where there is no real danger and they can let fly. When you know if you miss the fairway at this place its double bogey time, then they are getting nervous on the tee. Johnstone, Day, Mcilroy - top 3 in the world because they are big hitters. But this place has them thinking too much on the tee. 

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

"I don't think I hit a fairway from the 10th and you cannot play this golf course if you are not in position off the tee". 

This was the same Rory who, when asked about the fescue earlier in the week, said...

"Really? We have 60 yards from left line to right line"

"You've got 156 of the best players in the world here. If you can't hit it within that avenue, you might as well pack your bags and go home"

:sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

This was the same Rory who, when asked about the fescue earlier in the week, said...

"You've got 156 of the best players in the world here. If you can't hit it within that avenue, you might as well pack your bags and go home"

and he is, in fairness.:lol:

6 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Was always going to come back and bite him on the arse! ?

Fell apart today went out in 39 which is pretty solid as that's the tougher 9 was well in it on the 14th tee had a couple of shots of my handicap then hooked one in the long grass and lost it and 3 putted my provisional for a 7 and just fell apart from there on in. Had a horseshoe on the 11th for par which affected me as well. Hit the ball ok just a bad swing on the 14th. Won't qualify with a 75 so won't be playing next Saturday. 

Forgot my hay fever tablet as well and it's been the worst day of the year for me suffering with it. Usually feel it when I go into long grass but felt it on the practice putting  green today didn't help either.