Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

I hope we sign him and I hope he does well, however there is still that little nagging in the bag of my mind reminding me that both Sebo and Mairerhofer came to Britain with good goal records in Austria and both flopped spectacularly :(

that's a good point mate

Fuck me! The optimism went out the window sharpish!

It's a sign of the times that we're so excited over the possibility of signing Nikica Jelavic. This calibre of player should be par for the course for Rangers.

An international striker who is at a good age, know's where the net is, and has a few clubs across Europe looking at him - I doubt anyone on here knows the real calibre of Nikica Jelavic, but from what little we have all seen, he has impressed. Although some are getting carried away - pretty much expected due to the position we are currently in, and have been for sometime.

We just can't afford these expensive, proven international players on high wages these day's.

ffs, you started tanning your wrists yet ?

if we had no chance of affording him, the club would have pulled out of the transfer already, rather than wasting time on someone who "you know" we have no chance of signing ?

gies piece with the constant negativity on here, turning an optomistic thread into one where people can't be arsed looking in as they know there will be the same people looking for a moan (td)

some optomism would go down well :beer1:

rant over :wink:

Did you actually bother to read what you have quoted and replied to?

What the fcuk is negative about what I wrote. Some people on here just love to have a go for no reason.

I hate all this negativity man, people talking like there in the know. It has been confirmed we have made 2 bids and one is waiting reply, the player has been quoted saying, or the likes, he'd be happy moving to Rangers.

Thats the facts, lets just let Rapid Vienna decide instead of people saying aww lets tan are wrists because we cant afford him.

Rapid could accept our bid and he could be in talks with the club tomorrow for all anyone knows, lets just keep it to the facts instead of all this doom and gloom pish.

And dont listen to Muff he has to be the most negative poster ive ever seen, everyone who we look at is either pish or too expensive, he moans about us not looking at a higher calibure of player outside the SPL and when we do..We're waisting our time.

Rant over. :pipe:

Another one who doesn't even bother to read posts, and only highlights certain ones when it suits them!

Tell me what the fcuk was negative about what I just wrote <cr>

Stop playing follow the leader, and open your eyes (tu)

The negativity abuse Muff gets on here is surreal. He's not being negative, he's being realistic, half the time it's not even a remotely negative post that's being picked upon.

I thought I was being positive.

An international striker who is at a good age, know's where the net is, and has a few clubs across Europe looking at him - I doubt anyone on here knows the real calibre of Nikica Jelavic, but from what little we have all seen, he has impressed

If that's not positive, then I don't know what is?

I hope we sign him and I hope he does well, however there is still that little nagging in the bag of my mind reminding me that both Sebo and Mairerhofer came to Britain with good goal records in Austria and both flopped spectacularly :(

Good point.Sebo was also an unknown quantity.A bit like Jelavic.He cost us 1.8 million and we offloaded him for 1 million.Prso says Jelavic is good for us so I am relying on his judgement.

I hate all this negativity man, people talking like there in the know. It has been confirmed we have made 2 bids and one is waiting reply, the player has been quoted saying, or the likes, he'd be happy moving to Rangers.

Thats the facts, lets just let Rapid Vienna decide instead of people saying aww lets tan are wrists because we cant afford him.

Rapid could accept our bid and he could be in talks with the club tomorrow for all anyone knows, lets just keep it to the facts instead of all this doom and gloom pish.

And dont listen to Muff he has to be the most negative poster ive ever seen, everyone who we look at is either pish or too expensive, he moans about us not looking at a higher calibure of player outside the SPL and when we do..We're waisting our time.

Rant over. :pipe:

Some folk just prefer to be pessimistic in times like these when we haven't signed a player on over 500 years. That way we're prepared for the worst and if we actually make a signing it's all the more sweeter. So heed oot sand nobby and stop yer gibberin.

:wink:

The negativity abuse Muff gets on here is surreal. He's not being negative, he's being realistic, half the time it's not even a remotely negative post that's being picked upon.

I thought I was being positive.

An international striker who is at a good age, know's where the net is, and has a few clubs across Europe looking at him - I doubt anyone on here knows the real calibre of Nikica Jelavic, but from what little we have all seen, he has impressed

If that's not positive, then I don't know what is?

Muff they just ain't pleasing sum posters...

If they want negativity... Just tell them were skint and let them carry on :craphead:

It's a sign of the times that we're so excited over the possibility of signing Nikica Jelavic. This calibre of player should be par for the course for Rangers.

An international striker who is at a good age, know's where the net is, and has a few clubs across Europe looking at him - I doubt anyone on here knows the real calibre of Nikica Jelavic, but from what little we have all seen, he has impressed. Although some are getting carried away - pretty much expected due to the position we are currently in, and have been for sometime.

We just can't afford these expensive, proven international players on high wages these day's.

if we had no chance of affording him, the club would have pulled out of the transfer already, rather than wasting time on someone who "you know" we have no chance of signing ?

gies piece with the constant negativity on here, turning an optomistic thread into one where people can't be arsed looking in as they know there will be the same people looking for a moan (td)

Did you actually bother to read what you have quoted and replied to?

What the fcuk is negative about what I wrote. Some people on here just love to have a go for no reason.

did you actually read the bit i quoted ?

the highlighted bit ?

some people need to open their eyes :rolleyes:

Give it a rest with this "negativity" bullshit. He's being accurate and most of all, realistic.

Everytime he makes a post you're always there complaining. Its a forum. He's entitled to his opinion just as much as you are to yours. The thing is, he's in the know about most players in Europe better than most of us on in here so give it a rest.

"rant over" :wink:

Another one who doesn't even bother to read posts, and only highlights certain ones when it suits them!

Follow the leader? By the time i wrote my post i hadn't seen the other member saying you were being negative. And if we're talking about follow the leader, everyone follows you instead of the other way around.

All im saying is what is wrong with making a bid for a higher calibure of player out of the SPL, it is what you ask for after all?

Your saying hes a good player which i respect, but saying we cant afford them. Why can't we try, what have we to lose?

I for one am glad we're looking at better players and im sure we dont have our eye on just one player, we maybe using up time on looking at him but i think its worthwhile if it comes off.

(tu)

he scored 2 goals against a below average team i cant see his price rocketing :D

ive not seen enough of him to comment on his ability but any new signings will give the rest of the squad a timely boost going in to the new campaign

if he signs great if not then it will be his loss, not ours, as hes missed out on playing for the most successful club side in the world

Give it a rest with this "negativity" bullshit. He's being accurate and most of all, realistic.

Everytime he makes a post you're always there complaining. Its a forum. He's entitled to his opinion just as much as you are to yours. The thing is, he's in the know about most players in Europe better than most of us on in here so give it a rest.

av quoted him twice and the part in bold, not being too big headed but I think I could give him a run for his money football knowledge wise :wink:

To be honest, it shows what a true preofessional he is, there are some players when linked with a move who dont want to play incase it hinders their move, but for him to go out and send Rapid threw hismelf shows his character.

Follow the leader? By the time i wrote my post i hadn't seen the other member saying you were being negative. And if we're talking about follow the leader, everyone follows you instead of the other way around.

All im saying is what is wrong with making a bid for a higher calibure of player out of the SPL, it is what you ask for after all?

Your saying hes a good player which i respect, but saying we cant afford them. Why can't we try, what have we to lose?

I for one am glad we're looking at better players and im sure we dont have our eye on just one player, we maybe using up time on looking at him but i think its worthwhile if it comes off.

(tu)

In theory we could lose out on other, more realistic targets by pursuing a wild goose chase.

I'm not saying thats what it is, I hope it isn't, but I see where Muff is coming from.

(tu)

Sorry for thinking a player rated at 3.5m-4m euro's is out of our budget, especially when we need a number of players, and what has gone on in recent seasons.

Exactly the type of player we should be looking at - fee might be a problem tho.

av quoted him twice and the part in bold, not being too big headed but I think I could give him a run for his money football knowledge wise :wink:

You better fire up the old FM then mate

Sort your spelling out and we might believe you.

He does look like a pretty good player,

Hopefully we can get him as he is the type of striker we have been crying out for, maybe even since his countryman Prso left.

At least its nice to be linked with players for a change.

His two goals tonight were impressive but TBH they were against a bunch of nobodys! There is no doubt in my mind that Jelavic could improve Rangers but is it worth spunking 3.5 mill on? I reckon we should be looking at some wide players first before we look at strikers as this team has been crying out for width for years now! Lafferty and Naismith have both tried and failed on the wide areas so we really should be looking there first IMO.

For a guy who is in his last year of his contract surely we should be trying to get him cheaper than for whats being thrown around in the mhedia? Normally Smith likes to take a look at Italy for some players so impressed no one has been mentioned. Yet.... (tu)