The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

The only way Wallace will be getting his position short term is if he's moved to the middle , there is no chance McCoist would drop him for Wallace ....

I think you're going to be badly wrong but time will tell. Wallace is a much more natural fullback than Papac. He's faster and a better crosser of the ball.

Papac is reliable and fairly solid but limited.

Papac is only getting slower and doesnt offer much going forward. (for the simple fact hes a CB) Wallace is younger faster better going forward, im not so sure of his defensive abilities. But i'll welcome this deal with open arms.

jordo

Thats just fuckin stupid !

Cuellar

Bougherra

Weir

All been better than Papac in the years he's been here.

He may have been the best defender in the PLG season, but I've erased that from my memory.

I agree he's getting older but he's still quality and HAS been our best defender for years and as i said , SHORT TERM , there is no chance he's getting dropped for an inferior player .

Amazes me how some on here criticise Papac after the service he gives us ........

Saying Wallace is better isn't criticizing Papac. Hes still good and will most likely feature for most part of the season. I'd just rather Wallace was given a chance to see if he can expand our game/give us some width. Something a little different.

If this goes through then it will be one of the worst pieces of transfer dealing I've seen from Rangers, absolutely ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind having him but that price is a fucking farce

Just woke up, what's the latest on this, cba reading the thread, cheers.

£1.5m bid for Lee Wallace accepted

We're now in talks with the player himself, no doubt offering him 25k a week and an Aston Martin for signing

£1.5m bid for Lee Wallace accepted

We're now in talks with the player himself, no doubt offering him 25k a week and an Aston Martin for signing

Wtf? I thought they wanted £1m...only advantage is that he is young. Surprised at this.

300k - aye

500k - aye

750k - aye go on them

1 mil - pfft bit steep but has potential

1.5 mil - get yourself to fuk

I literally cannot believe we are willing to pay this much. He probably wont play, Papac cost us 600k all them years ago, there has to be cheaper options for a back up LB.

We've been mincing out of deals all summer over a couple of 100ks, but yet we cough up the cash for a backup. Once again terrible bit of business by our board.

We get ripped off in the transfer market far more often than the average club

I agree he's getting older but he's still quality and HAS been our best defender for years and as i said , SHORT TERM , there is no chance he's getting dropped for an inferior player .

Amazes me how some on here criticise Papac after the service he gives us ........

Papac hasn't been better than Weir, Bougherra or Cuellar.

Papac has been a great servant but what's wrong with a bit of competition with a talented young player? It'll keep Papac on his toes.