*** Official Dundee Utd vs. Rangers Match Thread ***

GersAvA92

Only 4 subs really because I doubt Healy will play again.

If he plays one more game he gets a pay rise and a new one year deal, although I don't know how that would work with us being in administration.

Only 4 subs really because I doubt Healy will play again.

If he plays one more game he gets a pay rise and a new one year deal, although I don't know how that would work with us being in administration.

I would hazard a guess the guy would be willing to waive that for another couple of games till the end of the season. He's not ideal but can't fault his effort or commitment.

makes sense to be giving these lads a bit of game time as they will be giving their all to try and stay in the first team, i reckon it could also be a way of disrupting Dundee Utd as they won't have a clue how these lads play.

You could look at it as a positive that we have a few youngsters getting a game - they can provide fresh ideas and movement that sometimes experienced players lose over time.

I guess we'll need to see how it pans out over the first 15 mins before we even see how they settle down and start to play their natural game.

It's probably been said a few times this season but Ally's teamtalk will need to be a belter!

i've been wanting this for a long time, i'm sick of youth players being brushed aside for old reliables.

all i can hope that happens from this is some of the youth players prove beyond doubt to mccoist, they can not only handle the situation but thrive in it.

i hope this changes mccoists team selection policy, which has so far had foundations in walters selection policy - old reliables and only play youth as a very very last resort.

our future is dependant on youth, developing them, playing them, putting them in the shop window, moving them on.

it is the only viable option