papaguy51

We lost 26 players and had no preseason

The season is 3 weeks old

Some of our fans are very stupid, the op near the top of the list

Alexander

Argyrio Cribari Bocanegra Wallace

McKay Black Macleod Shiels

Little McCulloch

That should be good enough to at least give some farmers and posties a good game.

Alexander

Little McCulloch

That should be good enough to at least give some farmers and posties a good game.

Wallace is injured and boca wants away. Take those guys out of that team and you have a totally untested back 4.

We will take a few more games to get into our stride, and then we will canter this division

The panic dripping out of this forum every time we drop points is laughable.

He's a legend, fantastic guy, but (so far) he's not a Rangers manager.

if we are not top of the league in a couple of months and the embarassing results keep happening on a regular basis then he should be replaced as manager and given a seat on the board

I look forward to November, when the same threads get started because we are only winning the games 3-0 and people want 6.

The clamour amongst the majority of the fanbase to go to Division 3 was all well and good, the fact that we seem to think that this could happen but with no short-term problems, no drop in quality, etc, etc, is just bonkers.

Get a grip, and deal with it. This is going to take time, the players who have stayed at the club are still recoving mentally from everything that's happened in the last 6 months, additionally, they haven't had a sufficient pre-season to get match fit quickly enough. The new players have just arrived and haven't settled yet.

We have MONTHS to get this right, it doesn't need to be in perfect shape in August.

I'm sure he'll want people to ultimately judge him as a football manager, not as a figurehead.

Majority of folk are expressing doubts rather than writing him off anyway, there is a difference.

The majority of folk defending him are highlighting the very real problems we are facing which hinder performances and not just saying 'he's a figurehead', there's a difference.

I look forward to November, when the same threads get started because we are only winning the games 3-0 and people want 6.

The clamour amongst the majority of the fanbase to go to Division 3 was all well and good, the fact that we seem to think that this could happen but with no short-term problems, no drop in quality, etc, etc, is just bonkers.

Get a grip, and deal with it. This is going to take time, the players who have stayed at the club are still recoving mentally from everything that's happened in the last 6 months, additionally, they haven't had a sufficient pre-season to get match fit quickly enough. The new players have just arrived and haven't settled yet.

We have MONTHS to get this right, it doesn't need to be in perfect shape in August.

Solid post.

In a word pish, sixteen new players at Berwick who needed no excuses, indeed the general consensus is they were robbed.

I would prefer he makes his mistakes in the 3rd division and learns rather than making them later on.

That's the thing, the more vocal ones said this would be great for ally and after a few games they seem to not want this now.

That's the thing, the more vocal ones said this would be great for ally and after a few games they seem to not want this now.

It's the same mistakes he was making 30 games ago. Thats the problem. If we see improvements then great...but we seem to be going from bad to worse.

It's the same mistakes he was making 30 games ago. Thats the problem. If we see improvements then great...but we seem to be going from bad to worse.

Worse? Three games at the start of season, aye right oh Swsl.

How big of you. You knew exactly what you were doing and exactly what sort of reaction it would achieve.

He's (was, perhaps) a trainee journalist, so the sensationalistic tabloid heading should be unsurprising, if disappointing.

He can still change it, but hasn't yet.

Sadly some people aren't able to separate Ally the playing legend from Ally the managerial novice.

I can. Genuinely can't help those who can't, so what can you do? Plenty of people agree with me, people have seen it for a while.

He must improve and I sincerely hope he does.

Quickly.

I can separate the two, but ultimately this knee-jerk panicking and swift dismissal of Ally is unfair and certainly premature. I think as a manager he has shown something, but proven nothing yet. He has a new learning curve at this lower level with a swiftly assembled squad. Things don't just fall into place overnight. How many times have we and others been caught out, or even nearly so, early in Europe by settled but inferior teams who are in the full swing of their season?

We arguably have a mid-SPL level team and squad who aren't settled. If Motherwell, Hearts or any of these other clubs had to do the same under these circumstances, I doubt they'd even equal 3 wins and 2 draws out of 5 matches, let alone beat it. Indeed, many SPL teams have lost to lower league teams in recent seasons. We may still be Rangers and may still have some of our old players, but it's a massive drop in standard in terms of the players Ally is working with.

He knows it's not good enough and so do the players. They need more game time together in order to start working with more coherence and unity. We can only support or withdraw that support and that latter option is not one many of us are considering.

Appropriate and commensurate criticism is valid, but to claim he's not up to the job is unfair, premature and somewhat immature. In football as in life, you need to work patiently to progress towards your goals. Not much swiftly falls into the perfect or even desired state in this life. We're in this for the long haul. We can't expect every step of the way to recovery to be smooth and glorious. Reality ain't like that.

Oh ye of abundant sense, I so welcome your contribution here.

(tu)

I'm pretty sure Ally will get a settled side soon enough and we Will win this league

It's just not great seeing the goalscorer stuck out on a wing when he's never a wide player or seeing center-halves played at full back etc.... but

I'm looking forward to the time when Super plays everyone in their natural positions

If he had his side playing as well as my football manager Gers side, wow ! :)

Sometimes it has to be remembered that this is a footy forum and it's a good thing that many have opinions and don't all think the exact same thing.... or else it would be very boring.

Many posters, myself included have moaned about the much maligned long ball. Against Berwick the players were told to play the long ball by the manager. It was an instruction. The tight pitch/condition and physical nature of the game was part of the reason for this decision.

Many posters, myself included have moaned about the much maligned long ball. Against Berwick the players were told to play the long ball by the manager. It was an instruction. The tight pitch/condition and physical nature of the game was part of the reason for this decision.

Did you over hear that watching training from afar ;)

Ally said at half time the players were not playing how he asked them too nor were they doing what they were told.

In a word pish, sixteen new players at Berwick who needed no excuses, indeed the general consensus is they were robbed.

Yes, I missed that huge story over the last six months where Berwick nearly ceased to exist, don't know what I was.

You must have a severely bruised chin from your constant knee-jerk reactions.

Alexander

Little McCulloch

Right, and if those players dont perform, as happened yesterday, its not the managers fault. He's selected a team which was good enough to win that game, it didnt happen. When the opposition is that poor its solely down to the players. It wouldnt take a tactical masterclass to beat Berwick. The players have let us and themselves down, but, they, along with the manager; have earned the right to rectify our poor showings away from home.

Everyone needs to stop getting pissed off because their timmy pals on Facebook are giving them abuse. We could have been gubbed 5-0 yesterday.........

AT LEAST WE ARE NOT THAT MOB OF MHANKY CUNTS!

Yes, I missed that huge story over the last six months where Berwick nearly ceased to exist, don't know what I was.

You must have a severely bruised chin from your constant knee-jerk reactions.

You obviously missed where Berwick has sixteen new signings and no excuses. :craphead: