McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

(I'm reposting and slightly editing my post from a similar thread because it's apt here too.)

I think it's often overlooked that we started last season under strength compared to other recent seasons. Whyte failed to get back up for the the forward area, farting about with fees as in the Goodwillie case. Once Naismith was injured, Jelavic went off the boil and it all descended further. We did however rally after another blip when points were deducted for Administration. That too took the wind out of the players.

He had us playing some good stuff for a reasonable period when he had a full front line. People forget that timmy was praying for administration since they needed 10 or more points. Also, that unjustly disallowed, if understandably so, Lee Wallace goal at Hades could have influenced matters positively. After that almost understandable February dip, he did get the squad back together and on to winning ways to clinch second in difficult circumstances. Overall it was, given those circumstances, an acceptable debut season.

It's an up and down start to a season where we're still building a squad, let alone a reliable first team. Some players had little or no pre-season and others just don't know each other or are just starting their careers.

It's not good enough yet, but there have been positives at home and away to Falkirk. Some patience is still due since, whilst very disappointing today and once previously, there's absolutely nothing lost, other than 4 points.

More players will come, others will get fitter, gain experience or recover and everyone will get to know how to play together.

No knee jerk reactions are suitable yet or even remotely so. Ally will probably get it right soon enough. Given the unique circumstances and his immense contribution recently and over decades, give the man some time. Be critical where appropriate, but only to the appropriate extent. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot when so many are gunning for us. Unity is the key because we are stronger together and we really have to be at this most crucial point in our history.

As always mate i cant disagree with most of your post but on this occasion i think your being a tad kind.

Ally admited today that the peformance was unacceptable.

Surely you would even agree that if a defence lumps the ball forward on EVERY occasion then its fair to say Ally gave the instructions ?

The biggest worry for me was the performance of newest signings today. Reminded me of the quality of Ortiz,Bedoya etc.

After coming away from the game i thought to myself not one player made any positive contribution to the performance and this was against Berwick.

The scattergun comments are easy in defeat or after result like today but i myself thought we were the same midweek against Falkirk. Lazy,unmotivated,couldnt string two passes together under pressure.

The question has to be asked what are these guys doing on the training ground ??

Ally will always be a legend in my eyes.He is my total hero and i have to check myself while offering criticism but he has to start to demonstrate a more ruthless streak and show more animation on the touchline IMO certainly when theres arses needed kicking on the park

Is Ally not the only man who can change that? He is the boss and he has to tell coaches how he wants his players to play.

There is a point taken there, but time has proved to us that we need a cultural change, because we have not learned from having Advocaat. I cannot believe he insisted on that training ground being built for us to have nicer facilities than all other clubs to train in.

There may come a time where we have to look beyond how he acted during administration etc, not that it should ever be forgotten but lets remember we are a football club.

For a lot of folk on message boards we're a lot more than that.

Not sure if that's healthy as far as putting a winning team on the field.

We've started the same way we did last season ............who was the manager then?

There is a point taken there, but time has proved to us that we need a cultural change, because we have not learned from having Advocaat. I cannot believe he insisted on that training ground being built for us to have nicer facilities than all other clubs to train in.

We do but how do we get it. Can Ally be asked about this? There are too many coaches at Rangers who are personal friends with each other and it has been said they are there because of who they are not what they can bring to the table. I would love to ask Ally if he has any intention of completely over hauling our youth set up and club style of play, we certainly need it.

I'm not here for sympathy, just an opinion I've had for a while.

Today pretty much confirmed it, but if you negative rep me it's cool. I don't mind, it's what we're here for, it's not a site where you'll get chucked for a different opinion.

Argue with me, please. Convince me otherwise!

Still too early but the same mistakes were all there before admin. When I see him standing on the touchline with his arms folded and KmcD beside him it doesnt install any confidence in me. :anguish:

We do but how do we get it. Can Ally be asked about this? There are too many coaches at Rangers who are personal friends with each other and it has been said they are there because of who they are not what they can bring to the table. I would love to ask Ally if he has any intention of completely over hauling our youth set up and club style of play, we certainly need it.

I would separate Murray Park in the sense that the person who runs what would be a proper Youth Academy, would have autonomy about cultivating good football- for me, that person would be hired with little expense spared. Then I would address Ally's input. It is hard to argue with the points you are making; especially when you see our players at dead-ball situations etc.

I reckon we should all just call it a day and let papaguy(Sorry Mr Footbal/attention seeking wank) run the team.

He makes very valid points. We should be a wounded animal just now, determined to crush everything put in front of us. Why are we so poor against part time teams? Why were we so poor last season as well? I agree that our whole philosophy and coaching techniques have to change. We have been brutal to watch for years. PLG had us playing good football but recruited powderpuff players without an bottle. We need to get the balance right, this is what Murray park was built for.

I would separate Murray Park in the sense that the person who runs what would be a proper Youth Academy, would autonomy about cultivating good football- for me, that person would be hired with little expense spared. Then I would address Ally's input. It is hard to argue with the points you are making; especially when you see our players at dead-ball situations etc.

Am i right in thinking Jimmy Sinclair, a boyhood Celtic fan and childhood friend of Ally, is head of our youth development? The proof is in the pudding and we have not had enough kids of quality in enough *different positions coming through our youth academy. I would not be against bringing in the guy Wotte from Scotland or someone of that calibre and with that knowledge and quality.

*This is key. No full backs, no wingers and no strikers coming through. Why not? Other Scottish clubs manage it in all positions, why not us?

Don't we ever learn,,, yeah let's buy more players, always the Rangers way, if it's broke, pump more money in.

No, we must have a foundation of how we play the game starting with the youth up to first team, all play same way, then we can bring in youth as they know the system.

Unfortunately, we will never have that with the staff we have at Ibrox, sorry.

at last someone talking sense.i said before the season started ally had a chance that no other rangers manager has ever had.to change the philosophy of how our club plays the game from youngsters to first team,just as swansea decided to do years ago when martinez took over then rogers and now laudrup.i was dismayed by the signing of kyle and a 34 year old c/back.our style of football won't change under ally.shame

I sat in my local today in the middle of Lancashire watching what can only be described as the worst football Rangers have ever played. I don't believe we have ever played worse than today. It was Berwick for fuck sake not Barcelona! I have watched Rangers since the mid sixties, no previous manager would have survived after such a game. I truly believe that Ally is the greatest ever Ranger, but I doubt he has it in him to take us to the very top. If the players who pulled on the royal blue today think they are Rangers players they need to think again.I know we have only had 6 competitive games but come on, these players are taking the piss! If Ally can't motivate them or better still kick them up the arse, he needs to step aside. Ally should take up the role of Chairman where his skills as a communicator would be a great advantage to the club.

I know we are in a dire position but we should be able to beat any of the teams in the Scottish 3rd Division! Trouble is who would I replace Ally with, there are no obvious candidates! Walter is the obvious safe pair of hands, but he deserves to enjoy his retirement, he made his decision to leave us and although I'm sure it was a difficult decision it was probably the right one. If I could pick one ex-player I would go for Brian Laudrup, his brother Micheal has made a good fist of things in management so far, surely Brian must have similar skills.

it's early days, Ally may get a grip of the situation. I'm fairly confident we will win this league but I'd really like us to start doing what we should be doing and beating these teams with ease.

That was NO WAY the worst Rangers have ever played

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/20/champions-league-rangers-football-sport

"..Rangers suffer own-goal nightmare as Romanians run riot at Ibrox"

Were you not at the Unirea Urziceni game few years ago, TWO OWN GOALS was a miserable night.

Getting rid of your manager at this stage is suicide. Especially with the transfer embargo.

If a new manager were to come in he'd be using McCoist's players for the next year and a half.

The thing I am really pleased at is Ally's interview after the game. I am convinced things will change and hopefully we don't see another performance like today.

That was NO WAY the worst Rangers have ever played

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/20/champions-league-rangers-football-sport

"..Rangers suffer own-goal nightmare as Romanians run riot at Ibrox"

Were you not at the Unirea Urziceni game few years ago, TWO OWN GOALS was a miserable night.

i think the worst we played was at Falkirk on Tuesday. the Unirea game was bad, but again, you are comparing us playing a team of champions (in a league probably similar or better than ours) to a team of part-time players. its easy to say "oh get behind the team, Ally's a Rangers man, look at everything he has done for us" and numerous other soundbites. makes you sound like you are a great, loyal fan.

my concern is i am watching us make the same mistake every fucking week for 5 years -

players out of position,

lumps up the park,

no concern for youth or for Rangers development in the future.

i'd be delighted for Ally to turn this around, but i have yet to see evidence that he will make the drastic changes (behind the scenes) that are required.

edit: and after the Falkirk game Ally came out and said what a great result it was - it was an eye-gougingly bad performance.

further edit: i dont really care if the goals scored against us are own goals or not. we still lose the goals.

Am i right in thinking Jimmy Sinclair, a boyhood Celtic fan and childhood friend of Ally, is head of our youth development? The proof is in the pudding and we have not had enough kids of quality in enough *different positions coming through our youth academy. I would not be against bringing in the guy Wotte from Scotland or someone of that calibre and with that knowledge and quality.

*This is key. No full backs, no wingers and no strikers coming through. Why not? Other Scottish clubs manage it in all positions, why not us?

You have asked big questions, and raised important points. We need an overhaul of the Training Ground.

This (tu)

Sinclair should've been shown the door long time ago, and also agree mate, Wotte would be ideal.

We keep getting told Together We Are Rangers..

Well that also fucking means that we are allowed a say on performances even if it means criticising Rangers legends..

Too many people being chided for speaking their minds..

Improvement starts by look at oneself and being honest....

I honestly believe that the performances and signing policy over the last 12 months indicates our current coaches are out of their depth..

The fish rots from the head down

I do have my concerns over Ally's management abilities...but it annoys me very much that if myself, or any other lesser known poster, had created this thread then we would have been slammed.

To be fair to the OP, I think if you had made such a post today, you wouldn't have been neg-repped anywhere near as much as you would have yesterday. Everybody's hurting today, and the Ally supporters (myself included) are not as vociferous in our support as we were yesterday, cos it's harder to argue against today's performance.

"It's a good day to bury bad news" as the saying goes.