McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

exactly, and once again people on here hate the fact that ally so far isn't manager material, however i blame walter, ally for the past few years stood on the lines while smith sat in a comfy chair giving ally instructions to relay to the players, he is doing the same things i hated about smith however smith got results from the lads but ally isn't getting the result from his current crop of players.

tactics, playing players out of position are traits of smith, punting long ball after long ball after long bsll was another trait of smith.

Very valid points. I'm by no means saying sack Ally - I have the highest respect for him - but the aguments that "this is a new team, we need time to gel" would be far more persuasive if we hadn't been witnessing this sort of approach for yonks now. Said it so much in the past it seems like "Groundhog Day" to repeat it again, but every blue moon when we do play smart, passing foorball we look nigh on unstoppable. Then it's back to the long punt the next week and biting the cuticles time all over again. It's absolutely ridiculous to keep repeating the same gaffes over and over again; whether it's down to Ally or the players themselves, surely they have sense enough to suss this out ?

Definitely not a tarrier.

Just walked in the door, wet through from the weather. All I saw was a bunch of players who were scared of the ball, scared to have a touch.

Missing short passes in favour of long balls to no-one. Ally really has to improve or we won't get out of this league, we were that bad today.

i was at game,not drop of rain! wtf?

(I'm reposting and slightly editing my post from a similar thread because it's apt here too.)

I think it's often overlooked that we started last season under strength compared to other recent seasons. Whyte failed to get back up for the the forward area, farting about with fees as in the Goodwillie case. Once Naismith was injured, Jelavic went off the boil and it all descended further. We did however rally after another blip when points were deducted for Administration. That too took the wind out of the players.

He had us playing some good stuff for a reasonable period when he had a full front line. People forget that timmy was praying for administration since they needed 10 or more points. Also, that unjustly disallowed, if understandably so, Lee Wallace goal at Hades could have influenced matters positively. After that almost understandable February dip, he did get the squad back together and on to winning ways to clinch second in difficult circumstances. Overall it was, given those circumstances, an acceptable debut season.

It's an up and down start to a season where we're still building a squad, let alone a reliable first team. Some players had little or no pre-season and others just don't know each other or are just starting their careers.

It's not good enough yet, but there have been positives at home and away to Falkirk. Some patience is still due since, whilst very disappointing today and once previously, there's absolutely nothing lost, other than 4 points.

More players will come, others will get fitter, gain experience or recover and everyone will get to know how to play together.

No knee jerk reactions are suitable yet or even remotely so. Ally will probably get it right soon enough. Given the unique circumstances and his immense contribution recently and over decades, give the man some time. Be critical where appropriate, but only to the appropriate extent. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot when so many are gunning for us. Unity is the key because we are stronger together and we really have to be at this most crucial point in our history.

Not got time to post tonight but had to sign in to rep this excellent post, could not agree more (tu)

Sadly some people aren't able to separate Ally the playing legend from Ally the managerial novice.

I can. Genuinely can't help those who can't, so what can you do? Plenty of people agree with me, people have seen it for a while.

He must improve and I sincerely hope he does.

Quickly.

Sadly some people aren't able to separate Ally the playing legend from Ally the managerial novice.

I can. Genuinely can't help those who can't, so what can you do? Plenty of people agree with me, people have seen it for a while.

Quickly.

did you think he was a good manager at the beginning of last season when we were destroying teams and ally had his players?

did you think he was a good manager at the beginning of last season when we were destroying teams and ally had his players?

When he had players that were far better than 99% of the opposition? Well, it wouldn't be hard.

Now he has players that are better than 100% of the opposition and, as far as I can see, we are absolute horse shit away from home.

Go figure.

When he had players that were far better than 99% of the opposition? Well, it wouldn't be hard.

Now he has players that are better than 100% of the opposition and, as far as I can see, we are absolute horse shit away from home.

Go figure.

he had a settled team playing together week in week out,thats the difference.

he had a settled team playing together week in week out,thats the difference.

I don't buy it.

Berwick brought in 16 players and looked better than us. We have a squad of professional footballers, against a team of lads who were working yesterday, and we still looked awful.

If it was anyone else but McCoist, everyone would be on his back. I personally think that's an immature outlook and I'll quite happily call a shite a shite when I see it, regardless of whose behind it.

And let me tell you, today was an absolutely massive big steaming shite.

I don't think a team of professional footballers should need 10-15 games to dominate in a part-time league.

Perhaps it's just me being harsh - it's been known to happen before.

You only seem like you'll be happy with an 'I told you so' moment. Is it naive of me to expect more from a RM moderator?

I don't buy it.

Berwick brought in 16 players and looked better than us. We have a squad of professional footballers, against a team of lads who were working yesterday, and we still looked awful.

If it was anyone else but McCoist, everyone would be on his back. I personally think that's an immature outlook and I'll quite happily call a shite a shite when I see it, regardless of whose behind it.

And let me tell you, today was an absolutely massive big steaming shite.

Berwick haven't been through what we have and those sixteen players don't have the same expectations on their shoulders.

i'm not denying we were really bad,and i do agree his tactics can be questionable but personally i think he can do it and i'll start judging him after he

has his players he wants.

and i could say your outlook is immature,fickle even...

i won't change your mind and you won't change mine so we'll leave it at that (tu)

You only seem like you'll be happy with an 'I told you so' moment. Is it naive of me to expect more from a RM moderator?

Very naive.

I'll always call it as I see it. I hope for the best, I'd love Ally more than anyone to succeed, but I'm not filled up with confidence and as a paying fan I reserve the right to express an opinion.

What I do for RM doesn't alter my opinion in any way, shape or form. I'm sure you'll understand.

Id go back and look again if i were you, we werent destroying teams this time last season, we were winning games by the odd goal and struggling to be motivated against teams we should have been beating comfortably.

Lets face it, with all due respect to the sfl, we've got the a stronger squad than anyone else outwith the dhims, theres no excuse to be struggling against part timers. We are shite away from home and have been for a while now, i really dont get why piss poor performances are deemed acceptable simply because ally mccoist (my idol) is in charge.

i cannot believe some of our fans. what is one of our most famous mantras?? ............. DIGNITY.

there is little dignity on show from some of us today.

we need to suck it up and realise there is going to be pitfalls in our march back to the top but we must remain strong and continue to back super and charles. it is not going to be all fun with full houses and world records being broken. we need to take the good with the bad and remain together.

just remember we are the people and they wont be able to keep us down for long.

Id go back and look again if i were you, we werent destroying teams this time last season, we were winning games by the odd goal and struggling to be motivated against teams we should have been beating comfortably.

Lets face it, with all due respect to the sfl, we've got the a stronger squad than anyone else outwith the dhims, theres no excuse to be struggling against part timers. We are shite away from home and have been for a while now, i really dont get why piss poor performances are deemed acceptable simply because ally mccoist (my idol) is in charge.

Well said. This is an attitude thing, as the last hour last week was fluid, exciting & full of purpose & threat (I missed 1st half hour, but I gather that was, like today, garbage.).

Last week, if something didn't come off, it was because things didn't quite work out, the right idea but wrong execution.

Today, things didn't come off mainly because people were doing things that were never going to work - like banging the ball long to a couple of guys who barely won a ball in the air all day.

Quickly.

That is absolute nonsense and a blatant lie, even going by the evidence of this thread. Most people are highlighting the very real obstacles hindering us but they're getting ignored by people like you who tag them as 'Ally lovers' and completely disregard their opinions.

Scunnered.

By the lack of support for the manager.

He helped save the club.

You want to sack him.

:p20:

I think people want to support Ally.

I think if would be easier if things looked like they were improving with these away performances, rather than getting worse.

Dress it up any way you want - other than Falkirk (in another shocker) we have had 3 draws over 90 mins on the road so far.

Bar a generous decision in the last minute, we'd have lost today.

Bar a last minute equaliser at Peterhead, we'd have lost then.

My own view is that Ally's earned a chance through his efforts during the admin period.

I was stunned at the game today at the size of the very vocal group of fans who felt that he's not the man for the job.

i cannot believe some of our fans. what is one of our most famous mantras?? ............. DIGNITY.

there is little dignity on show from some of us today.

we need to suck it up and realise there is going to be pitfalls in our march back to the top but we must remain strong and continue to back super and charles. it is not going to be all fun with full houses and world records being broken. we need to take the good with the bad and remain together.

just remember we are the people and they wont be able to keep us down for long.

This is pish patter, If Ally keeps on getting results like this he won't be able to continue. It's simple.

Just because he's been though what we have doesn't mean he should be here for life. If he's not getting results and i'm sure McCoist would agree he can't continue.

I don't want McCoist sacked. But all of this stuff about what he's had to put up with shouldn't be used to keep him here for life.

If he's not improving our team and getting the results he should be then he can't continue.

And i'm sure McCoist would agree. And charles Green won't be slow in telling him the same thing either.

At the moment we are playing on decent surfaces.

The weather is going to turn over the next couple of months and the wee diddy teams chances are going to keep rising as the pitch will be the leveller.

Ally is too nice a guy to be the Rangers manager and obviously doesn't have the man management skills to get us back to where we belong. All honest supporters know this. It is better that Ally steps aside now and Charles appoints a firefighter like Bobby Williamson or Billy Davies.

I don't want McCoist sacked. But all of this stuff about what he's had to put up with shouldn't be used to keep him here for life.

If he's not improving our team and getting the results he should be then he can't continue.

And i'm sure McCoist would agree. And charles Green won't be slow in telling him the same thing either.

Good post (tu)