Barry Ferguson

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering if Barry might find his way back to Rangers for a third spell...

How can he have seen his stock diminish so much that he's now out on loan playing for Fleetwood? He's had his indiscretions and we all know about them but at 34 surely he has more to offer.

When we're allowed to sign players again in 10 months' time he'll be 35 and still surely a good move for Rangers and for BF?

He's born 2nd Feb 1978 - by the time we can resign, he a few days off 36. It worked for people like Mr Weir - but he looked after himself, & Barry hasn't. Also, Mr Weir would always be welcome, by everyone, Barry wouldn't be.

Thumbs down from me mate.

Wondering if Barry might find his way back to Rangers for a third spell...

How can he have seen his stock diminish so much that he's now out on loan playing for Fleetwood? He's had his indiscretions and we all know about them but at 34 surely he has more to offer.

When we're allowed to sign players again in 10 months' time he'll be 35 and still surely a good move for Rangers and for BF?

He was born 2nd Feb 1978 - by the time we can re-sign, he's a few days off 36. It can work for people like Mr Weir - but he looked after himself, & Barry hasn't. Also, Mr Weir would always be welcome, by everyone, Barry wouldn't be.

Definitely thumbs down from me mate.

An absolute legend who dedicated his career to Rangers, a shame some do not appreciate, as much as I do, all he gave for the club.

I think his relationship with the fans was tarnished with the PLG and Scotland nonsense. The Scotland episode was not befitting the behaviour required of a Rangers captain unfortunately.

Still the standout Ranger in the last 20 years IMO, a wonderful player.

He was my hero growing up and I still love him to this day but that last part is ridiculous.

Should never have been given a second chance so certainly no need for a third opportunity.

Failed to impress in England twice. Contrast with Arteta and Tugay.

Didn't somebody show that he got MOTM in something like 40% of his games at Blackburn? Then was Birmingham's player of the season in the premiership and Blackpool's captain, wasn't he?

Not for a second saying we should take him back but people recycling the shit that taigs tell them gets me. These are the same bunch who think its an outrage that 3 league goals in 9 games Hooper isn't in the England squad.

Fantastic player.

Older bears have to remember that some of us haven't seen Coopers, Baxters, Durrants in the flesh. And that Barry was a homegrown talent, a captain of a treble winning side full of exceptional players.

So for people like me a 23 year old, Barry was ano idol, however poor his attitude was and his decision to leave, he was still a fabulous player.

I agree he was a great talent and brilliant leader, home grown bear etc. etc. However he has had his stint at Ibrox and is not welcome back as a player. He would not enhance our squad one bit IMO, also I don't like that he has been in the middle of degrading and shameful situations.

Will still be one of my fav players

I find it funny how much stick Ferguson got for the Scotland stuff, which made his position untenable imo. If one of our players done it now they'd be labelled a hero. Everyone forgot about it with McGregor.

Fantastic point mate!

In my opinion he is and always will be a rangers great!

Great player first time round, occasional flashes of his old self second time round, didn't leave on best of terms and I'd like to think most fans remember him for the good times during his 1st spell in which in my opinion he was our best midfielder of the last 10 years.

Love Bazza like few others in my lifetime, but if there's one position we're stocked up at in the current team and the youth setup it's in the middle of the pitch. Let him get his badges, we'll see if there's a coaching spot for him then.

Fantastic player.

Older bears have to remember that some of us haven't seen Coopers, Baxters, Durrants in the flesh. And that Barry was a homegrown talent, a captain of a treble winning side full of exceptional players.

So for people like me a 23 year old, Barry was ano idol, however poor his attitude was and his decision to leave, he was still a fabulous player.

Good post bud, he was a right good player before he went Blackurn. I remember a season after all the stars had gone and he was running around in midfield with Hughes and Malcolm. He held things together for us that year.

Only things I didn't like was his shooting or the way he would sometimes slow down the midfield by holding on to the ball for too long. But a smashing player, one of our own, and the best Scot of his generation.

I'd have him back short term to inspire the young guns if he still has it (tu)