Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

I couldn't give two fucks about arsenal, Celtic or Ayr united.Let me give you an example of modern football. Cardiff city changed the colour of there home kit from blue to red because the owner thought it would be easier to market that colour to the middle east. So, hypothetical if a Chinese bussinessman came in and bought rangers and promised to pump millions into the club but wanted to change our blue kit to red you would be ok with you because as you say that's "modern football"I will always defend this club and it history against outside enemies and enemies within like you

Sinking...

Sinking...

GONE.

Hurts that soo many fans are willing to sell our tradition and history for money.

What's next? 'Sports direct 9iar team' 'Rangers Sports Direct Hall of Fame' As long as it brings in the money eh?

If this is true, Green has lost a season ticket holder.

Would you buy an orange away kit?

I couldn't give two fucks about arsenal, Celtic or Ayr united.Let me give you an example of modern football. Cardiff city changed the colour of there home kit from blue to red because the owner thought it would be easier to market that colour to the middle east. So, hypothetical if a Chinese bussinessman came in and bought rangers and promised to pump millions into the club but wanted to change our blue kit to red you would be ok with you because as you say that's "modern football"I will always defend this club and it history against outside enemies and enemies within like you

Talk about blowing it out of proportion. Adding a temporary prefix to the stadium in no way compares to changing the colours of the club's kit. Silly thing to say.

Calling fellow fans enemies doesn't help your argument.

Oh and that enemy Charles Green saved our club

In the words of wee stewie Griffin "we`re a strange family"

CW sells a few Asenal shares ( I admit I never knew about) and the fans go mental.

Some fans decide to go and watch a boycotted game ( yep me ) and get called scabs and traitors..

BUT we sell our clubs home name ( Ibrox incase we forget it in time ) and the majority actually think it could be a good deal..

I`m obviously need shock treatment to get my head right..

So just to be clear....you are happy to go against your fellow supporters and your club and attend a stadium of a club who have accused us of cheating and tried to destroy us. You are willing to put yourself in a position and environment that could ultimately damage our clubs reputation but you are getting on your high horse about the "proposed" (nothing is confirmed) adding of a prefix to the exterior of the stadium that will generate millions for the club???? Think you need to get your priorities in order hen!

For what it's worth I would rather we didn't sell naming rights but I understand where we are and because we can't generate the income of the bigger leagues in Europe we have to explore all forms of enhancing revenue.

Right because of this shall we rip down all the adverts around the Pitch? Shall we also kick them out the Rangers shop and rip the Tenents Logo off our Strip.

And while we are at it lets take all adverts out of the Match programme and no sponsering of players.

Then we can just rot in poor old Scottish football and be skint like the rest of them.

Honestly we need to catch up with modern football which in Scotland we are being left behind in every aspect.

It will still be known to all Rangers Fans as Ibrox.

Honest.

Going by half the people in this thread we should be boycotting ibrox going on history and tradition we should be in uproar until we are back playing on Glasgow Green.

The name of the stadium doesnt make a club. I love ibrox and although I'm not 100% behind renaming I see wh it's being done and as I said earlier in the thread I'm happy with this deal if in fact it is true.

Over the last 11 months we've been telling everybody that if Rangers played on the streets we'd watch from the pavement but seemingly that only applies if the pavement is called ibrox

Our next game at whatever Ibrox is getting called, people will noitice that this is a big deal to fans. No one seen the messages banners round the stadium the last few weeks?

There's been a handful here and there, and even then most of them won't be abandoning their team over it like yourself.

I am against it, but if we do it, I won't be throwing myself out any windows.Football is an expensive business and we have shareholders who are not gers fans and want a return on their investment - they put £18m into the club and the share price and value of the club has to rise for them to profit. So i see the rationale for it. But I don't like it.

So, you don't like the Arsenal example, therefore don't consider it, or respond to it, but we should listen to YOUR example?

when did i say I didn't like the arsenal example. I said I don't care about arsenal. They can do whatever they want. I only care about rangers, don't worry about anyone else

if people dont understand the difference between shyte flogging part of our heritage, and a proud part of our history at that, in the arsenal shares and the potential for bringing external revenue for virtualy old rope by allowing our stadiums name to have a prefix for three years, (supposing its true) then priorities need examined.

Right because of this shall we rip down all the adverts around the Pitch? Shall we also kick them out the Rangers shop and rip the Tenents Logo off our Strip.

And while we are at it lets take all adverts out of the Match programme and no sponsering of players.

Then we can just rot in poor old Scottish football and be skint like the rest of them.

Honestly we need to catch up with modern football which in Scotland we are being left behind in every aspect.

It will still be known to all Rangers Fans as Ibrox.

Honest.

yes, I also do not agree with having logo on our kit and stadium. The thing is with stuff like advertising on the stadium once they get in the door I will be suprised if it goes.

There's been a handful here and there, and even then most of them won't be abandoning their team over it like yourself.

Oh right you know them personally?

They feel strongly on the matter and they hve gone to the effort to make banners for every game. How do you know they won't 'abandon' the team?

when did i say I didn't like the arsenal example. I said I don't care about arsenal. They can do whatever they want. I only care about rangers, don't worry about anyone else

Apart from Cardiff? It's not difficult mate. If someone gives you a comparison to support their argument, don't dismiss it, and respond expecting them to be interested in your example.