Walter Smith - Non-Executive Chairman Confirmed by LSE

Nobody is saying he knows it all

A lot of people say he has no business knowledge

You think because he didn't personally take charge of running the club or clearing contracts that he has no knowledge in the field

I think Walter has a pretty decent idea of how a club should or shouldn't operate

Fair comment, but(yip) have to disagree with you as he hasn't shown anything, made bad calls who he was spokesman for and totally misjudged the people who bought our Club with a really stupid offer.

Without reading the whole thread yet my thoughts are if Walter is a tempory appointment to give stability and get a man the support trusts to boost STs then great and i welcome it as Walter is no messiha but hes a familiar and well loved face, however if this was the green light (no pun intended) for bringing back AJ, Mini, Bain or any of the keystone cops who started this whole mess and a return to cozy chats with liewell and dignified silence i would be very very worried. Its to early to say yet but fingers crossed this is just a stabilising measure and nothing more.

Smith once again confirming he's prepared to put the needs of the club above his own.

He deserves a proper retirement. Hopefully this provides the stability we need and he can hand over the reigns to someone else before long.

Poor long-suffering Ethel!

Thanks for stepping up once again Walter.

Green played no part in the IPO of course...

Green undoubtedly did, and it's one of his successes that will go down in history, he managed to get an IPO up and running.

Murray attracted the investors though, that was widely reported at the time.

Even from that angle, Green brought Murray in did he not?

No one knows who appointed him in the consortium.

Given that Green and Murray despise each other, I'd have thought it unlikely to be Green.

So there has still been no actual announcement to the stock exchange?

Whats the chances of this story being bullshit? Does no-one with contacts within the club have any idea?

Richard Wilson and Keith Jackson running with it means it's been leaked from Malcolm Murray himself probably.

I'd imagine the delay is for the other resolutions to be passed, e.g. Chris Morgan and James Easdales appointments.

Richard Wilson and Keith Jackson running with it means it's been leaked from Malcolm Murray himself probably.

I'd imagine the delay is for the other resolutions to be passed, e.g. Chris Morgan and James Easdales appointments.

Wasn't it the BBC he was leaking to?

No one knows who appointed him in the consortium.

Given that Green and Murray despise each other, I'd have thought it unlikely to be Green.

It was Green

The roped relationship only developed after they started working together

At the time Green was naming all the team for the back room and he mentioned why he appointed Murray because of his business background and him being a life long Rangers fan

One thing which would be good for Walter to sort out is the Directors Box. Quite simply it needs brought up to date as its looking a bit worn and the hard working directors deserve better surroundings. Maybe a few seats surrounding it could be moved in order to accomodate the directors?

One thing which would be good for Walter to sort out is the Directors Box. Quite simply it needs brought up to date as its looking a bit worn and the hard working directors deserve better surroundings. Maybe a few seats surrounding it could be moved in order to accomodate the directors?

I agree. I think its important that those who "provide" for us are well looked after.

Wasn't it the BBC he was leaking to?

No, Imran Ahmad via Charles Green were leaking to McLaughlin at the BBC. That's how he got the interview with the Easdales too.

Murray was guilty of leaking to Jackson and probably Richard Wilson as well. Though at least Richard Wilson is a bear.

It was Green

At the time Green was naming all the team for the back room and he mentioned why he appointed Murray because of his business background and him being a life long Rangers fan

Strange, because it was Ahmad that knew Murray and Ahmad who was running the show basically.

It's pretty irrelevant now anyway, Green has nine hours to decide if he wants to stay or go. If he hasn't already made his mind up.

No, Imran Ahmad via Charles Green were leaking to McLaughlin at the BBC. That's how he got the interview with the Easdales too.

Murray was guilty of leaking to Jackson and probably Richard Wilson as well. Though at least Richard Wilson is a bear.

I dont believe it!

Quality idea (tu) perhaps the whole stadium could be refurbished to cater for corporate men who dont care for football but love money and status, just think of the revenue we could bring in, and i doubt we will have to worry about them singing naughty songs, they will be too busy admiring their girlfriends for hires plastic tits and eating prawn sandwidges.

:lol: classic MisterC, I wonder how many bites you will get ?

It was Green

They met in a London bar apparently ;)