*****The Official Sacramento Vs Rangers Thread*****

julescotia

Got out of jail. We will never progress as long as we shift and rotate the team to suit Jig. He is past it, and is detrimental to our team these days. I can only hope Ally realises this before too long. Jig, you were and are a hero and a true Ranger; none of us wants to see you erode that reputation.. :(

meh, it's a win. We looked better in large spells of the second half.

Overall a pretty poor game of football though.

Agreed. I actually thought the second half was pretty watchable. We certainly deserved it more than them if you had to pick a winner.

Couple of observations

I think Miller is going to be a big plus for us this season

Boyd needs to spend more time with the BBFC

Bell seems to be hoofing the long ball up the pitch far too often

We should be building a team around wee Lewis and not shuffling him out wide to suit Jig

And it's time fur bed

Awful to watch. I understand this is a friendly and it's about fitness and sharpness. So given we have hardly spotted McKay, Murdoch, Clark, I would suggest they aren't going to get anywhere near the first team this season. Ally prefers his ageing pals dispite them being woeful on the pitch

It could've been better but it's about gelling and getting fit and we deservedly won, so let's hope for progress. We should have an attacking starting XI next game, with McKay or Gallagher and Templeton, Miller and Shiels. McLeod and Black CM. Don't know about the back yet. Zaliukas looks a bit dodgy at times, but we'll see. Ally,listen, Big Jig for club captain and and a seat on the bench now and again,

I was disappointed with MacLeod. He gave the ball away far too often.. but to be fair he needs a run of games after being out the game for so long.

he needs to be played in his natural position in the middle an would do if we had a decent manager,,, should be building a side around the wee guy

It's great that some bears can take positives from this performance but we have to face up to reality. We need pace and youth and the manager refuses to inject either. His "token " youngster is playing out of position and urgently needs to be installed in CM. We lost to a 4th tier US side and only just beat a 3rd tier team.

Earlier today I watched an MLS side (Seattle) draw 3-3 with Spurs in a really good competitive game and they would have destroyed us! The point is that our wage bill would probably equal theirs but interestingly they introduced a lot of young players during the game and their 3rd goal was a result of a great combination between 2 20 year old subs.

As a resident of Ventura County I am embarrassed by our performance on Tuesday and have to face the music from my friends who I encouraged to go to the game and see the famous Glasgow Rangers (if it wasn't so hot here I would go into hibernation!)

I'm not a laptop loyal or a TV supporter - Rangers have been my team since I was 5 years old - I have been to 2 Cup Winners Cup Finals in Nuremberg Germany and Barcelona Spain followed my team every week for many years but never can I remember being so disillusioned with a manager.

I am not an Ally hater and I remember supporting him when he was being booed and jeered in his early days at Ibrox. He was always super Ally to me - goalscorer , great personality , terrific character BUT absolutely USELESS manager.

However one thing does bug me about Ally and how he projects himself as being a true blue - he denied us thrice !