Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Just a coincidence the thread was made yesterday after a friendly defeat then, eh?

Must also be a coincidence then that "oh look another Ally out thread" posts appeared not long after its creation.

Why golly gee mister, that must mean threads like this have been almost a daily occurrence for ages.

:matron:

Using factual evidence and no small amount of reason and sanity.

Do you honestly believe that applies to the current push for boardroom change, particularly since November of last year?

It was to save his job. The chairman at the time suggested he retire to take a place on the board (the clubs articles of association wouldn't allow both) or appoint a number two to be groomed to replace him. Struth disagreed and out manouvered him to save his job and take a seat in the boardroom.

sorry but that's just shite mate.

Do you even remember the team we had playing the year before last? It was the team that could barely win a game away from home for a huge part of the season.....it was the team that got us pumped out in the first round of the cup to morton ( IIRC).

The guys we brought in took us fro a team playing shite football, and struggling to win matches.... to a team playing shite football that were rarely losing :P

I dread to think how much more of a chore last season would have been if we had went into it with the team we had in the 4th tier.

'Us being pumped out of the cup by Morton' pnly applies if you're a tarrier!

:lol:

Must also be a coincidence then that "oh look another Ally out thread" posts appeared not long after its creation.

Why golly gee mister, that must mean threads like this have been almost a daily occurrence for ages.

:matron:

Threads like this are an occurrence any game we don't win, preseason or not.

Just like it wasn't a coincidence threads were make after the draw with Brora and the defeat to Ventura County Fusion.

They are just friendlies ffs.

But I do think you can probably assume that if they have reached that stage with him, that they hate him. They are seeing him as being against the best interests of the club, and anyone who backs him in the same light. I honestly find this whole thread just sad.

I don't feel that is the case, I think its more the fact that at first they criticised him and for a while they were told "it will get better", but it didn't and then it went from "it will get better" to "you hate the man" fairly quickly.

It is my honest opinion this is where the animosity between posters arises from.

I don't hate you or anyone for having a different opinion from me on these matters, but if you start questioning my validity as a bear (which I concede you have not) then it is most definitely going to become about much more than just a debate about the managers ability.

It is also my honest opinion that in the case of certain posters on here that is their goal, to steer discussion away from the facts of the situation and turn it into a slanging match, which only ends one way: the thread gets closed.

Just like it wasn't a coincidence threads were make after the draw with Brora and the defeat to Ventura County Fusion.

Threads like this are common place on here.

Stop being disingenuous.

It was to save his job. The chairman at the time suggested he retire to take a place on the board (the clubs articles of association wouldn't allow both) or appoint a number two to be groomed to replace him. Struth disagreed and out manouvered him to save his job and take a seat in the boardroom.

So he didn't smear and lie and mislead supporters?

Glad that's cleared up.

we got threads like this after WINS last season too mate.

Gosh, we lost 2-0 against a strong Championship team on their own ground who will be gunning for promotion to the Premier next year, and everyone wants the manager sacked.

I remember when we beat Chelsea 2-0 at Ibrox, maybe manager should have been sacked for not winning Champions's league after that result ?

Friendly results mean less than fuck all. Get over it. Real football starts soon.

Mourinho was sacked that September - :lol:

You'd better get a better example than that!

Don't mind if there is a reason for them. Starting threads bashing the manager over friendly results is a bit tedious though.

Your contention is this thread and those like it only exist after defeats, friendly or competitive, that is blatantly false.

The tired old "oh look another Ally oot thread" line would not exist otherwise.

Your contention is this thread and those like it only exist after defeats, friendly or competitive, that is blatantly false.

The tired old "oh look another Ally oot thread" line would not exist otherwise.

I never said it only happens after defeats and draws. It happens everytime without fail when we lose or draw but it also happens on some occasions if we win but don't play like Barcelona.

I don't feel that is the case, I think its more the fact that at first they criticised him and for a while they were told "it will get better", but it didn't and then it went from "it will get better" to "you hate the man" fairly quickly.

It is my honest opinion this is where the animosity between posters arises from.

I don't hate you or anyone for having a different opinion from me on these matters, but if you start questioning my validity as a bear (which I concede you have not) then it is most definitely going to become about much more than just a debate about the managers ability.

It is also my honest opinion that in the case of certain posters on here that is their goal, to steer discussion away from the facts of the situation and turn it into a slanging match, which only ends one way: the thread gets closed.

The agenda of the lost cause, plus as DK was want to say, "Some people are just looking to have a fight", no matter what. :7325:

Against Derby he lined the team up negatively

Against Raith Rovers he lined the team up negatively.

Hutton and Black created nothing against Raith and nothing yesterday. Our sole striker was starved of service and chances. McLeod who is arguably our most creative midfielder is played wide instead of centrally.

That's where I am judging this clueless manager because he keeps making the same mistakes without learning from them.

He is negative in mindset and negative when speaking about the team and our opponents.

The example being when talking about Tuesday and the injuries to certain players. 'Take part' ...no wonder the players look devoid of real belief when he thinks we can take part.

It might not be a full one but it will certainly be a big and good enough one we feel to take part in Tuesday’s match.

He is without doubt the worst Rangers manager I have seen since Wallace in the mid 70's. Nothing and no one will convince me otherwise.

Have you got your decade right when referring to Wallace?

I never said it only happens after defeats and draws. It happens everytime without fail when we lose or draw but it also happens on some occasions if we win but don't play like Barcelona.

Can you point to the threads and the posts therein that are made because we didn't "play like Barcelona".

Thanks in advance.

So he didn't smear and lie and mislead supporters?

Glad that's cleared up.

He certainly done something to win shareholders round to vote to change the clubs articles of association to allow him and an ally to be a paid employee and sit on the board and also oust a successful chairman. He very well may have smeared his opponent. In Struths words 'The efficiency of the Rangers has not been achieved because of the directors, but in spite of them.'

'Didn't play like Barcelona' being a euphemism for 'fucking woeful', which is pretty much the standard we see week in week out; it's just not good enough, and you'll not convince many folk otherwise.