***The Official Rangers vs Inverness Match Thread***

Wearethepeople72

we could do with a good result. I fear the worst though - our midfield hasn't improved since last year and are to easily pressed and bullied , with the result being we start to play long balls from defense and strikers like Byod - who isn't the hardest of workers off the ball - are easily isolated.

Was randomly looking at Rangers news typed in Rangers vs Inverness september 2014 and one of the things that came up was this, not alot you can say about it, had to share it here, lol :7325:

The Rangers -V- Inverness CT - LC

Sep 15 2014 06:12 PM | tm4tj in Previews 2014-15

cf49d4c6b2c1fbb4c39439b3f3bdd677.jpgYes or No?

The Yes No debate gets into full swing on Tuesday night when Scotland take on England at Ibrox. The Saltire versus the Union Jack, the Highlanders versus the Lowlanders, Charles Edward Stuart versus William Augustus or simply Inverness Caledonian Thistle versus The Rangers.

Scottish League Cup action as Inverness travel to Ibrox on the back of a 3-1 pumping from the Kelvinsiders at the weekend, whereas The Rangers managed to overcome Kirkaldy by a whopping 4-0.

Inverness suffered their first defeat of the season at Partick. A rather untimely one with this league cup game at Ibrox coming along just three days later, and with Rangers on a high after moving to within one point of the top of the Championship table.

I suppose the monkey is off the back though after we lost our unbeaten start to the season and conceded our first goals of the campaign into the bargain. Make no bones about it, this is a tough encounter at the best of times, but more so after the weekend results. The Rangers are starting to click and will be a threat with their throngs of fans baying for the blood of a Premiership scalp.

One disappointing aspect of our defeat at Firhill was the inability of Billy McKay to hit the target once more, a rather worrying trend to be honest. Coupled with our poorest defensive display of the season and a lack of domination in midfield, then maybe Yogi will be looking to freshen things up a little. The league cup is not the most glamorous of competitions until the semi's and finals when all of a sudden it becomes worth winning. We enjoyed our run last season and it would be fun to emulate that again, but it won't be the end of the world if we fail to progress. We managed to get out of Ibrox with a result last year, but The Rangers are a different beast now, tailoring their squad to suit their predicament.

The bad boys of Govan are still in financial turmoil off the park and the Sons of Struth were voting to boycott Ibrox with Interpol connections and the naming rights for Ibrox being sold at Poundland not best pleasing the 'Bears'. Former commercial director Imran Ahmad is off most Gers fans Xmas card list but better news at the end of the week as they raised £3.13m from share issues.

Aye, it's no easy running a big club, but Inverness will get by on a shoestring.

Unfortunately for Inverness, The Rangers are in better shape on the park. Their bench against Raith Rovers would be the envy of most Premiership clubs with players such as Jon Daly, Marius Zaliukas, Dean Shiels and David Templeton able to assist first choices like Lee McCulloch, Lee Wallace, Nicky Law and Nicky Clark, and in Kris Boyd one of the most lethal strikers in the Scottish game. Let's not forget they also have former Inverness scallywag the tough tackling hothead Ian Black in their engine room and the size of the task can not be underestimated. Get past these players and the formidable Cammy Bell has to be beaten for us to make the next round, so it's not going to be a stroll in the park by any means.Yogi and David Raven looked back to the defeat at Partick and ahead to the cup tie at Ibrox

http://caleythistleo...ess-ct-lc-r1183

Was randomly looking at Rangers news typed in Rangers vs Inverness september 2014 and one of the things that came up was this, not alot you can say about it, had to share it here, lol :7325:

The Yes No debate gets into full swing on Tuesday night when Scotland take on England at Ibrox. The Saltire versus the Union Jack, the Highlanders versus the Lowlanders, Charles Edward Stuart versus William Augustus or simply Inverness Caledonian Thistle versus The Rangers.

Scottish League Cup action as Inverness travel to Ibrox on the back of a 3-1 pumping from the Kelvinsiders at the weekend, whereas The Rangers managed to overcome Kirkaldy by a whopping 4-0.

Inverness suffered their first defeat of the season at Partick. A rather untimely one with this league cup game at Ibrox coming along just three days later, and with Rangers on a high after moving to within one point of the top of the Championship table.

I suppose the monkey is off the back though after we lost our unbeaten start to the season and conceded our first goals of the campaign into the bargain. Make no bones about it, this is a tough encounter at the best of times, but more so after the weekend results. The Rangers are starting to click and will be a threat with their throngs of fans baying for the blood of a Premiership scalp.

One disappointing aspect of our defeat at Firhill was the inability of Billy McKay to hit the target once more, a rather worrying trend to be honest. Coupled with our poorest defensive display of the season and a lack of domination in midfield, then maybe Yogi will be looking to freshen things up a little. The league cup is not the most glamorous of competitions until the semi's and finals when all of a sudden it becomes worth winning. We enjoyed our run last season and it would be fun to emulate that again, but it won't be the end of the world if we fail to progress. We managed to get out of Ibrox with a result last year, but The Rangers are a different beast now, tailoring their squad to suit their predicament.

The bad boys of Govan are still in financial turmoil off the park and the Sons of Struth were voting to boycott Ibrox with Interpol connections and the naming rights for Ibrox being sold at Poundland not best pleasing the 'Bears'. Former commercial director Imran Ahmad is off most Gers fans Xmas card list but better news at the end of the week as they raised £3.13m from share issues.

Aye, it's no easy running a big club, but Inverness will get by on a shoestring.

Unfortunately for Inverness, The Rangers are in better shape on the park. Their bench against Raith Rovers would be the envy of most Premiership clubs with players such as Jon Daly, Marius Zaliukas, Dean Shiels and David Templeton able to assist first choices like Lee McCulloch, Lee Wallace, Nicky Law and Nicky Clark, and in Kris Boyd one of the most lethal strikers in the Scottish game. Let's not forget they also have former Inverness scallywag the tough tackling hothead Ian Black in their engine room and the size of the task can not be underestimated. Get past these players and the formidable Cammy Bell has to be beaten for us to make the next round, so it's not going to be a stroll in the park by any means.Yogi and David Raven looked back to the defeat at Partick and ahead to the cup tie at Ibrox

I quite enjoyed that actually!

First time for a long time I have felt that we won't win.Obviously I hope I am wrong but if we are to get anything we need every player to be at their best.My heart says 2-1 for us but my head says 2-1 for them. Thank fuck I'm not a betting man. C'mon the Rangers

First time for a long time I have felt that we won't win.Obviously I hope I am wrong but if we are to get anything we need every player to be at their best.My heart says 2-1 for us but my head says 2-1 for them. Thank fuck I'm not a betting man. C'mon the Rangers

my heart says FTP and ma head says vote no

I don't know, but ICT's bubble has finally burst so hopefully we'll be able to cash in on a win tonight. If we were to win I'd put a quid on 3-1. I'll just have to wait to see if the BBC news gives the score before tomorrow to see if my imaginary bet wins, but it's more important we get through, never mind the actual score.

I'm off in about half and hour to get the boat, here's hoping for some good news when I wake up in the morning.

are we called "The Rangers" now? ffs. what a load of shite "sold at poundland".

we better fucking destroy these cunts tonight.

a small insignificant club hating us.... surprise surprise