Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

I used to go to Hampden park to watch Scotland. Remember seeing Colin Stein scoring four against Cyprus, or was it five? Stopped going after I got married, still watched them on TV, and supported them. Since 2012, the passion I had withered away, for the football team, and has now almost gone. Watched the Poland game, in between flicking channels to see how the German team were doing against the paddies. I really only wanted Scotland to qualify because it would, more than likely, mean that the Irish would be out.

Found it very difficult to cheer on Naismith, Whittiker, Brown, and one or two others, that were in the Scotland team.

Never found any difficulty cheering on Scotland, along with the Princess Royal, in the rugby world cup. Now there's a Scotland we can be proud of!

I'm in between armchair fan and don't care - I'll watch them if the game is interesting but wouldn't change plans to ensure I seen them generally.

I have never been as in to Scotland as I am Rangers (which goes without saying for my generation I think) but seeing Brown as Scotland captain does irk me (mainly because he's a bad footballer who is a cardboard hardman and constantly is embarrassing to watch).

I can understand the annoyance of our supporters who can't make the distinction between sfa/fans of other clubs etc who wish harm on us but I try to differentiate the team from them.

So I'd like Scotland to win but I don't get upset about it - I also want England, Wales and Northern Ireland to do well and I'm particularly happy for the latter as we have so many Rangers Supporting lads from over there who love their team and will have a cracking time next summer :)

GM

I was with you up until the last bit mate,don't get me wrong i can see where you are coming from,but i couldn't give a fuck for Wales or England.

To the point i dislike them.

Love to see Ulstermen win tho and their qualifying campaign was a joy to watch,even with Windsor park under developement the fans still managed to create a fantastic atmosphere to spur the team on.

Back on topic,i used to go to the Scotland games but the tartan army repulse me,now i just about keep up with the results and what sticks out to me is that we seem to be going backwards since we adopted the approach of the Irish in the 90's by using the grandparent/parent ruling and filling the team with non-Scotsmen.

Just my opinion and it can probably be shot to peices as i don't care that much that i would research the topic.

I despise International football. Maybe I'd feel different if circumstances were different, but there's a lot of hatred and bitterness towards Rangers over our clubs Britishness, and the Tartan Army despise everything British.

Other than that I don't see the attraction in cheering on a team full of Scott Browns, Shaun Maloneys, Steven Naismiths whilst sitting next to sheep shaggers and cheering on the same team. It just does nothing for me.

I enjoy watching the big tournaments, i.e. the world cup, the european championships as a football fan, but if I could close down international football for good right now, I would.

I've been to one Scotland game in my life, and it was at Ibrox in 1998. My school took me, they played Denmark. I was more looking forward to seeing the greatest footballer ever to grace Scottish football that night, and that was the prince of Denmark himself, Brian Laudrup. He scored the only goal aswell.

Been a fair bit of abuse and bad feeling flying about between Rangers fans the last few days (and the last 4 years or so to be fair) over the Scotland football team.

Interested to gauge where the majority sit...

Can you amend your non-inclusive poll to include Rangers fans like myself and many many more who aren't Scottish! You do remember that Rangers are an inclusive club unlike elements of the Tartan trannies? :)

I mind getting a freebie (wish I never took it) for the Scotland vs France game that Caldwell scored in

After the game I went back into the Langside Hotel where th guys that gave me the ticket were and there was a couple of Rangers fans in the group saying a few years previous they were at Celtic park when we won the league but beating France that day topped it

Rangers fans my arse

These are the so called Rangers fans that some people like to tell us is a plenty in the tartan army

Beating France topped winning the league at your biggest rivals? doh

Beating Queen of the South on Saturday should top beating anyone with Scotland if you're a Rangers fan.

I don't have a problem with people who support Scotland, it's their choice, but see anyone that puts their national team ahead of their club team, they are no supporter of Rangers.

Couldn't be any less interested in the national team now,never used to be that way though.

I absolutely hate the 'tartan army'. They are Rangers hating scum bastards,can't understand why any Rangers fan would want to go and stand shoulder to shoulder with them. Fuck them.

Watch Scotland on occasion. Don't really like the international break. Prefer watching Rangers.

Also, I voted yes. Seen someone mention they'd rather people like me didn't go to games due to this. My response to that would be to tell you that you're a narrow-minded halfwit who really needs to remember that Rangers above everything else is a football team who can be watched and supported by anyone with a love for the game. Supported Rangers for as long as I can remember as did my Dad and his Dad before. But I'm not silly enough to let that support cloud my judgement when making decisions on matters that don't relate to 22 men kicking a ball about for 90 minutes.

Watch Scotland on occasion. Don't really like the international break. Prefer watching Rangers.

Also, I voted yes. Seen someone mention they'd rather people like me didn't go to games due to this. My response to that would be to tell you that you're a narrow-minded halfwit who really needs to remember that Rangers above everything else is a football team who can be watched and supported by anyone with a love for the game. Supported Rangers for as long as I can remember as did my Dad and his Dad before. But I'm not silly enough to let that support cloud my judgement when making decisions on matters that don't relate to 22 men kicking a ball about for 90 minutes.

Well this narrow minded halfwit would like to remind you that you follow a team steeped in Britishness. You don't deserve to follow this club.

Well this narrow minded halfwit would like to remind you that you follow a team steeped in Britishness. You don't deserve to follow this club.

Glad to hear you agree with my first impression that you're a narrow minded halfwit. And your judgement on who deserves to support Rangers will not stop me going to games.

Why even ask the question?

This place is full of weird cunts who, if they said what they say on here in public then there would be a queue waiting to toe their tiny, wee, bitter bollocks.

The queue would be headed by the full-bloodied boot of Graeme Souness and if that didn't do the job of sterilsing the bitter wee bastards then here comes the rest:

Charlie Adam
Sandy Archibald
Sammy Baird
John Barker
Jim Baxter
Alex Bennett
Jim Bett
Ian Black
James Bowie
Kris Boyd
Ralph Brand
Kirk Broadfoot
Bobby Brown
George Brown
John Buchanan
Chris Burke
Tommy Cairns
Eric Caldow
John Cameron
John Campbell
Peter Campbell
William Chalmers
Davie Cooper
Sammy Cox
Tully Craig
David Crawford
Andy Cunningham
Christian Dailly
Ally Dawson
Jerry Dawson
Matthew Dickie
Billy Dodds
Jock Drummond
Jimmy Duncanson
Gordon Durie
Ian Durrant
Barry Ferguson
Derek Ferguson
Ian Ferguson
Jimmy Fleming
Jim Forrest
Tom Forsyth
Jimmy Galt
Neilly Gibson
George Gillespie
Andy Goram
Jimmy Gordon
James Gossland
Richard Gough
Donald Gow
John Gow
Dougie Gray
John Greig
David Haddow
Robert Hamilton
Tom Hamilton
Charles Heggie
George Henderson
Willie Henderson
Colin Hendry
David Hill
Alan Hutton
Tommy Hyslop
John Inglis
Colin Jackson
Sandy Jardine
Allan Johnston
Mo Johnston
Willie Johnston
Derek Johnstone
Stewart Kennedy
David Kinnear
George Law
John Little
George Livingstone
Thomas Low
Alex MacDonald
Robert Main
James Marshall
Robert Marshall
John May
Bob McAuley
Stuart McCall
Neil McCann
Peter McCloy
Ally McCoist
Ian McColl
Andrew McCreadie
Lee McCulloch
Allan McGregor
Hugh McHardy
Hugh McIntyre
James "Tuck" McIntyre
Bobby McKean
Tom McKillop
Ronnie McKinnon
Alan McLaren
Ian McMillan
Moses McNeil
Bob McPhail
Dave McPherson
John McPherson
David Meiklejohn
Jimmy Millar
Jimmy Millar
Kenny Miller
David Mitchell
Alan Morton
Tommy Muirhead
Ian Murray
Steven Naismith
Robert Neil
Jimmy Oswald
Derek Parlane
David Provan
Gavin Rae
Willie Reid
Billy Ritchie
William Robb
David Robertson
John Tait Robertson
Maurice Ross
Eddie Rutherford
Alex Scott
Jock Shaw
Bobby Shearer
Jimmy Simpson
Alex Smith
Dave Smith
Jimmy Smith
Nicol Smith
Finlay Speedie
Jimmy Speirs
James Stark
Colin Stein
Scot Symon
Steven Thompson
Kevin Thomson
Willie Thornton
Tom Vallance
Alex Venters
Willie Waddell
John Walker
Lee Wallace
James Watson
David Weir
Steven Whittaker
Davie Wilson
Willie Woodburn
Tom Wylie
George Young
No further debate needed. Internet fandangos would get their baws booted from real Rangers and Scotland men.
Continue to keep yer geggies shut in public around true Scots, or become the eunuchs you crave to be. Simple.

Glad to hear you agree with my first impression that you're a narrow minded halfwit. And your judgement on who deserves to support Rangers will not stop me going to games.

Good for you, I can only imagine your hatred and disgust when the majority of our support sing pro-British songs. It must really get under your skin.

There's other football supporters that these songs get under their skin aswell, they don't support Rangers surprisingly enough.

Why even ask the question?

This place is full of weird cunts who, if they said what they say on here in public then there would be a queue waiting to toe their tiny, wee, bitter bollocks.

The queue would be headed by the full-bloodied boot of Graeme Souness and if that didn't do the job of sterilsing the bitter wee bastards then here comes the rest:

No further debate needed. Internet weirdos would get their baws booted from real Rangers and Scotland men.

At least you do irony. :lol:

Good for you, I can only imagine your hatred and disgust when the majority of our support sing pro-British songs. It must really get under your skin.

There's other football supporters that these songs get under their skin aswell, they don't support Rangers surprisingly enough.

But then that's you assuming I'm this union-hating patriot that wears a kilt and sings Flower Of Scotland every night before bed. That assumption would be inaccurate. I wanted to see Scotland governed by people who aren't so detached from life outside of London.

I can't believe that on a football forum we're talking about politics dividing a support.

Go to some games, will always support Rangers and Scotland because I have always done so.

Some Scotland fans are wanks, but some Rangers fans are wanks too.

First Rangers game was in '87, same year I went to Hampden to watch Scotland vs Brazil... and it's been like that ever since.

Go to some games, will always support Rangers and Scotland because I have always done so.

Some Scotland fans are wanks, but some Rangers fans are wanks too.

First Rangers game was in '87, same year I went to Hampden to watch Scotland vs Brazil... and it's been like that ever since.

You don't deserve to support Rangers... :pipe: