Praise Dundee's tactics? You're having a laugh!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

Meh. They've got to do what they feel gives them the best chance of getting them a favourable result. I don't like it right enough but we've done it plenty of times to much success and I never complained then.

Ok. Fair enough. Like I said, I'm just putting it out there to get other bears views.

I can understand why away teams use these tactics. 90 minutes of frustrating us thinking they are about to walk away with the point that lifts them off the bottom. So how good was it  to see their faces drop when HF stuck it in the pokey. Fucking magic ?

Absolutely no issue with Dundee's tactics.

The only person they have a responsibility to is themselves and getting a result for them.

It's up to us to deal with it and we should, with our budget and resources have the standard of player to break down a stubborn Dundee side with everyone behind the ball (and we did, in the end)

As previously said, we did it ourselves before in Europe and loads of times at Parkhead. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If teams want to come and sit in fair enough. What really boils my piss is when they go a goal down they still won't try and win the game or even try for a draw. 

Most come hoping for a draw of any kind,perhaps even sneak a win that is why it is so vital that when we get a chance they have to be put away. How many games do you see opposition players wasting time at throw ins goal kicks etc with ten minutes on the clock. It's pathetic but unfortunately it's what's served as entertainment by some It's what a certain player called ( anti football ) if memory serves me right.

Dundees tactics surprised me tbh.

My mate is a Dundee fan and apparently Hartley and his assistant were raging with themselves after the game at Dens as "they gave us too much respect" and "we were there for the taking!"

Obviously talking pish after the way they set up on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Spot on. Maybe I didn't put my point across very well, but when you consider the dons are supposed to be one of the top teams in the counrty, and they refuse to have a go at us, I just found it odd, that's all.

Do you maybe no think that despite how you, and every gobshite in the media, feel about our team the guys who are supposed to know what they're doing - the managers of the other teams - actually appreciate that we are a good team and that if opponents do open up against us they'll get taught a lesson- apart from the mhanks, unfortunately, who are a better team at the moment. Although arguably the fact that even the tims set out to upset our play could be a sign that they aren't comfortable with us playing "our way".

1 hour ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

If ever a game epitomised everything that is wrong with Scottish football, then Saturday was it. Unfortunately, there's been a few like it so far this season. I found it laughable reading the press match reports over the weekend, stating that Paul Hartley got his tactics "spot on". So what is so savvy about getting everyman and their dog behind the ball, and running down the clock from the 60 min mark? Even taking over a minute to take a bloody simple throw-in. I noticed in the first half, the Dundee players broke forward 3 or 4 times, only to look up like frightened rabbits, and simply do a hopeless pass, or kick the ball straight out of play; then quickly all funnel back into their comfort zones, behind the ball. Utterly pathetic.

Years ago, when we had players like: Laudrup, Gasgoine, Abertz etc, and teams set up like this, I got it. I really did. Even in Smith's last season at the helm, when we had gems like: Jelavic, Naismith and Davis, I accepted it too. The onus was on us to break teams down, as they simply couldn't match our quality.

When we got promoted this season however, I thought I would be seeing much more end-to-end type games, considering we no longer have the type of top players quoted above.

All things considered, I thought we played quite well on Saturday and enjoyed our win. Dundee got exactly what they deserved from the game - fuck all. With the exception of playing 'them' at the piggery, all the teams have adopted these type of tactics against us - even the vile dons played like this in their own ground, ffs!

Considering our team is now made up of players from the lower echelons of English football, why are the premier league sides not opening up and having a real go at us from the start, like a few of the teams did in the championship last season?! I find it bizarre, that the so-called 'premier league teams' all want to stifle the games against us, with the hope of getting 'lucky' at some point during the match - just like Dundee almost did on Saturday!

It's the Craig Levin book of tactics !! 

19 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Most come hoping for a draw of any kind,perhaps even sneak a win that is why it is so vital that when we get a chance they have to be put away. How many games do you see opposition players wasting time at throw ins goal kicks etc with ten minutes on the clock. It's pathetic but unfortunately it's what's served as entertainment by some It's what a certain player called ( anti football ) if memory serves me right.

(tu)

Messi I believe was that player Sammy ..... even he found our tactics too much  ..... my point being that even the best can be frustrated by this type of tactic as much as all of us, who now have to watch it being played out against us not only at Ibrox (which is understandable ..... just) but now also at the oppositions' home grounds ....... :disappointment:

:7325:

35 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

There was an off the ball incident on Saturday but I just missed it and can't remember who it was against, possibly Windass

It was, i think he was tugged round the shoulder to stop him running.

Snidey professional fouls are basically cheating imo

Just now, Bobby Hume said:

(tu)

Messi I believe was that player Sammy ..... even he found our tactics too much  ..... my point being that even the best can be frustrated by this type of tactic as much as all of us, who now have to watch it being played out against us not only at Ibrox (which is understandable ..... just) but now also at the oppositions' home grounds ....... :disappointment:

:7325:

Oh I remember that man saying it. It is pish to watch but as I said in earlier post it's nothing new.Would be a change for all involved in a match did  actually try and serve some kind of entertainment instead of this shit. Is it any wonder that the whole of Scottish football struggles for serious sponsorship,investment and crowd attendances when punters are asked to pay good money to watch this crap.Just the way it is I suppose and can't see it changing anytime soon,so the decline will continue.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Same kind of tactic adopted by Ross County but pretty sure they had about 4/5 booked for it while I'm sure Saturday's perpetrator didnt. Another case of refereeing inconsistency in our game.

11 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Do you maybe no think that despite how you, and every gobshite in the media, feel about our team the guys who are supposed to know what they're doing - the managers of the other teams - actually appreciate that we are a good team and that if opponents do open up against us they'll get taught a lesson- apart from the mhanks, unfortunately, who are a better team at the moment. Although arguably the fact that even the tims set out to upset our play could be a sign that they aren't comfortable with us playing "our way".

I didn't say we were a bad team at all. Far from it. We are where we are at the moment. We will get better as the squad develops. I just think we should be expecting a bit more from the so-called top teams in the league. That's all.  

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Cheers, can't go it myself and yes it's cheating and these players forget it's a game of skill but everything now is win at all costs which is ruining the game. 

We all had a shirt pull right in front of the ref but again the incompetent prick just looked away. That does my head in also but compare it to England where the refs are starting to give pens with the West Ham pen on Saturday as a case in point.

12 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Same kind of tactic adopted by Ross County but pretty sure they had about 4/5 booked for it while I'm sure Saturday's perpetrator didnt. Another case of refereeing inconsistency in our game.

I thought that the perpetrator on saturday had only just been booked shortly before and collum shat it.

See other posters mentioning Messi's comments about anti-football?

Well his barcelona team faced it again at the weekend and couldn't break down a stubborn 9 man malaga, bet the budget was huge between them 2 teams aswell but this only goes to show that football is played on grass and not paper.