Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

8 hours ago, Blueteeth said:

I guess the reason why celtic are doing this investigation, and were wanting to keep it completely secret, is that they wanted to know all the facts so that they could better defend themselves if they suddenly finding themselves in court because of all of this.

I don't see it as any kind of investigation to make it out like they're trying to do the right thing, or they're trying to appease victims or any shite like that.

They're panicking and trying to get themselves in the best position possible for the impending court cases.

Exactly, they are in position they are finished. Goodbye you assholes. You are finished. Adios

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, denya said:

Exactly, they are in position they are finished. Goodbye you assholes. You are finished. Adios

They won’t be but mate, every position of power in Scotland is infested by Catholic republican nonces, they protect their own.

Shameful that we sat back and let them do this. 

Seems like the media is turning against them as it’s too big for their PR to control. That doesn’t seem like an investigation that they are doing, from the information in that statement it seems like the insurer is assessing any potential liability. You have to wonder how long it will be before the SNP politicians turn as well before it turns toxic for them? 

9 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

They won’t be but mate, every position of power in Scotland is infested by Catholic republican nonces, they protect their own.

Shameful that we sat back and let them do this. 

But we were dignified with our silence.

On 02/06/2019 at 13:20, Jelavic191 said:

Seems like the media is turning against them as it’s too big for their PR to control. That doesn’t seem like an investigation that they are doing, from the information in that statement it seems like the insurer is assessing any potential liability. You have to wonder how long it will be before the SNP politicians turn as well before it turns toxic for them? 

Not nearly rapid enough or in unison 

All too sporadic for me .Giving them time to deflect or get the next round of tactics or excuses in

Meanwhile thousands of bheastly loving supporters sit in denial or play oblivious to any of their club's scandalous wrong doings 

Only in this corrupt  little backwater 

• 2 weeks later...

Lifted this from a ff poster.

Got this response from Brian Whittle MSP
Waiting on a few others

Thank you for writing to me with your concerns surrounding historical child abuse within Scottish football.

The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing, and while it is welcome that Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider. Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought where necessary.

The Scottish Football Association’s Chief Executive has apologised to those young people who suffered sexual abuse in football and I think he was right to do so. The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this.

Further to this, my colleague Adam Tomkins, MSP for Glasgow, has written to Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA and to Peter Lawwell, chief executive of celtic FC to seek urgent meetings on this subject. Through a series of criminal trials, we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of the men associated with celtic boys’ club. What we do not know is what celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it. These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up earlier this year by Manchester City FC.

It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down, and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve.

Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Brian Whittle MSP

34 minutes ago, Jonok said:

Lifted this from a ff poster.

Got this response from Brian Whittle MSP
Waiting on a few others

Thank you for writing to me with your concerns surrounding historical child abuse within Scottish football.

The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing, and while it is welcome that Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider. Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought where necessary.

The Scottish Football Association’s Chief Executive has apologised to those young people who suffered sexual abuse in football and I think he was right to do so. The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this.

Further to this, my colleague Adam Tomkins, MSP for Glasgow, has written to Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA and to Peter Lawwell, chief executive of celtic FC to seek urgent meetings on this subject. Through a series of criminal trials, we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of the men associated with celtic boys’ club. What we do not know is what celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it. These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up earlier this year by Manchester City FC.

It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down, and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve.

Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Brian Whittle MSP

Seems like another MSP on board, we need as many as possible to keep pressure on. 

24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Seems like another MSP on board, we need as many as possible to keep pressure on. 

It seems the conservatives are taking it on, hopefully meaning other parties will too. No-one wants to miss out on potential votes.

Just now, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Anyone know what happened to big jock knew thread in bears den? Can find it. Cheers

It for hijacked as has now been hidden until admin decide what to do. Until then we use this thread.

57 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

It for hijacked as has now been hidden until admin decide what to do. Until then we use this thread.

Yes glad they have taken it down for the moment, it had become a total clusterfuck and while I was happy for it to stay there it seemed it was just going to be targeted and that was no use to anybody.

I do hope if it is not reopened most of it can be merged on this one because there was some good information in it. :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes glad they have taken it down for the moment, it had become a total clusterfuck and while I was happy for it to stay there it seemed it was just going to be targeted and that was no use to anybody.

I do hope if it is not reopened most of it can be merged on this one because there was some good information in it. :thumbup:

Yeah it had become a target, and it's something so serious that it requires the utmost respect. In that regard I'm glad it's been hidden at the moment.

As you say though, it does have a mass of great information on it, so hopefully we don't lose that.

1 minute ago, VentyFour said:

Yeah it had become a target, and it's something so serious that it requires the utmost respect. In that regard I'm glad it's been hidden at the moment.

As you say though, it does have a mass of great information on it, so hopefully we don't lose that.

:thumbup:

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Sadly it won't make a blind difference to the trolls if it is reopened. They have already proven their worth, which says it all about every last one them, so we shall see.

I make no apologies, but it's getting the same on many threads with the usual suspects. One liner snide remarks everywhere trying to ridicule other posters and adding in the usual shite of how they love The Rangers, like we are all fucking daft enough not to see through it. In real life you give them the reek of your shite.

Really for the Mod's/Admin to do their job. They know the usual suspects and high post counts at that. The place is becoming out of control and an embarassment. 

I've taken this from FF....

"I followed up this morning, on my previous e-mails to all the sponsors and Terre des hommes, and added the Ruth Davidson and Prof Tomkins' letters. Terre des hommes is the first to respond. They wrote back ...

'Dear johnkp,

Thank you for this update.

My colleagues in Lausanne, who are leading on the Child Safeguarding initiative have been in touch with UEFA which will now be taking this matter forward. If you would like to liaise with UEFA directly, please do contact them at: childsafeguarding@uefa.ch

Once again, thank you for reaching out to bring this to our attention.

With all best regards,

__________'"

Archived