*** The Official Rangers vs Taigs Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

This. Someone said we're only 2 or three players away. I said so the other night as well. 2 or 3 very good players would have had us up by a few before they scored and would turn draws in to wins outside the OF games.

Sounds daft on todays second half performance but I really don't think we're that far away.

Not sure about 3 players, however I'd say there are 3 areas we need to improve:

Defence, midfield and attack.

It's clear to see when you spend more money In every position you get better players.  Youdontget more desire you donated more fight.

Gutter for garner and our hold up play. We were never going to score a lot today so had to take every chance. Didn't do that and we're sloppy at the back then rode our luck big time.

Cut open with 1-2's and pace.

Feel Hodson should have been on.

Gutted

7 minutes ago, one cutty young said:

Managers tactics found out, taverner exploited again, Wilson loses his man again, midfield hide again, Waghorn innefective again. Tims foul our most effective player over and over - take turns at it - we don't foul theirs - pussys.

Fod, miller and Mackay only pass marks and rest shite shite shite. Why the fuck did we not target lego muncher when he was booked - spineless fuckers.

This for me.He honestly does not seem able to influence or change things when it's obvious changes are needed.He also seems totally blind to certain players constant failings.I so wanted him to be a success but after today I have serious doubts.Will he be hurting as much as us?Will most of that team??Somehow I think the answer is a big NO!

Too many players who just can't get to the Rangers standard.

A stubborn manager who refuses to change his tactics or even have a plan B.

These are bare facts folks and we have to change and I don't mean next summer. Change now, before 2017 comes.

Everyone at the Club (bar 3 or 4 players) have to carry the can for where we are, Chairman, Board, Manager and the bad players.

Keep this going and the fans will rebel big style.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't know why so many of you are flipping your lid.  Todays result meant nothing.  Celtic had already won the league before a ball was kicked today.  They went in to this match 16 points clear with a game in hand and we're never going to pull that back.  Rangers are now fighting for second place and we're still on track for that.  I would've been nice to win today and get those bragging rights but ultimately todays result was never going to change anything in terms of the title race. 

Today's result meant nothing??

you having a fuckin laugh with that mate?? Getting beat off they inbred feinian bastards will always mean something to me and any true blue Bose!!! Get that to fuck

Celtic buy any success they have it was a different case when we didn't have financial problems bottom line is we don't have the money at the moment and until that gets sorted they're will be problems but threw the problems we will always stick by our team 

12 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

He also cost us their second.

Aye reply after he costs us the goal. My post was at half time.

And BTW now the that the whole game has finished I agree with you. Tav was utter shite today. I still think at half time he had pass marks though, especially for his ball across to Miller for the goal.

It's cold comfort, if any comfort at all after a 3rd OF loss this season, but a team made up largely of a horse and buggy quality needed to win the Championship last season does not give us the sort of modern hard-edged goal scoring football machine we will need to win 55.   All today has done is confirmed what we already know about 2 things and keeps the question open about a third and fourth thing,

The 2 things we know are the financial gap and the football quality gap.   Unless King is relying on Warburton to somehow pull off a sort of Leicester City happening in the next season or two then both gaps need to be addressed.   Those who can address them are King and Warburton.    IMO King has so far not really worked anywhere near hard enough to generate significantly more investment money.  It may be beyond him and the Board. Warburton's summer signings have not really delivered anything like the sort of quality we need, or even showing any meaningful evidence of producing that quality.   

The 2 open questions?   Is Warburton really good quality leader and manager for Rangers?    IMO the jury is well and truly out on that with enough sandwiches to keep them from returning a verdict until the end of the season.   Unless of course King decides before the end of the season that enough progress is not being made to produce a side that will give a much better account of itself next season. And the 4th?   King himself.   If he cannot, or will not, find a way to generate a whole lot more investment to enable much better quality players to arrive for next season then we march closer to 150 with 55 still eluding us......and that brings more pressure on to King do deliver.

Meanwhile lets see who arrives and departs in the Jan transfer window and see if that makes more of a difference for the business end of the season.   This season we do need to finish 2nd - no excuses. Next season we want none of this highly competitive cloaked management speak.   It needs to be a realistic challenge for the title with players capable of doing that.....and a manager capable of doing that.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

There is a gap between us and them. There's no point in denying that. But Sinclair and Dembele account for about 80% of that gap, based on what I seen today. 

True. We are shite but so are they. We could conceivably have put three or four past them today if Forrester and Waghorn weren't brainless. 

17 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I totally blame Mark Warburton for that defeat.

We were getting raped up Tavs side all day and he fucking ignored it. Hodson should have been on, with Tav pushed in front of him and one of our forwards off  - I would have taken Waghorn back off as he was utter mince. We ended up with only Halliday as any kind of defence minded midfielder at all  -  thats an utter tactical shambles I expect to see in an amateur team.Aye we had a couple of chances the 2nd half - but fuck sake for every chance we had in that 2nd half they had 4.

Pass marks to Fod, Hill,  Miller and wee barry. The rest have had their last season at Rangers as far as I am concerned.

There front 3 are head and shoulders above ours by the way

Not the entire front 3. Wee Baz was the best player on the pitch.

Edit - And Miller gets pass marks too. Not just for the goal.

3 minutes ago, smartypants said:

It never means nothing. 

If any Bears aren't hurting over that then I don't understand their mentality.Its fucking sickening to lose anytime but especially to those  bastards.No ifs no buts just totally heartwrenching!!!

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

There is a gap between us and them. There's no point in denying that. But Sinclair and Dembele account for about 80% of that gap, based on what I seen today. 

And I'm sorry to say - the manager as well. He's made better players out of the crap he inherited from the cheap option.

We need to plot some way to stop these bastards next year. This group of players will not get more points than them over the course of a season. It's more like 3 players we can keep than 3 we need. It's all very well talking of building, but we will need at least 20 million well spent, probably more. We need the fuckin money.

People keep saying Sinclair and Dembele, but if you are playing 3 slow centre backs against them of course they will look good... One ball into the channel and it cuts the whole defence out.

Thier centre back pairing alone was 5.5 million.

We need investment,  we need to be smarter.

Two best playera are over 35 ffs.

Far too many passengers in this team that don’t know what the jersey's all about. FFS, I was fuming at the HT Q&A a week or two ago when Hill and Gilks didn't know who we beat in the '72 ECWC Final. Both seem like decent sorts but how can you come to a team like ours and not know the answer to a question like that? Should be one of the first facts any new recruit learns; really sums up the attitude of this current lot for me.

16 minutes ago, Allanger said:

Disappointing we didn't get an equaliser in the second half.Thank God I will be surrounded by Rangers fans tonight 

I won't :depressed:. Her mixed family is coming over tonight.

Said I would stop drinking after the game until night time but not sure what to do now.