Second Statement

RFC55

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Sorry to keep on about this, but someone please point out what I'm missing:

The board and management team meet, and agree to terminate employment with immediate effect.

The management team then return to work, including giving press conferences.

The agent then comes back to the board asking them to go back on the agreement. The board refuse.

It is at this point that the board publicly announce the agreement which has already been in place, possibly for several days.

How can that possibly make sense?

Drumloyal's timeline posted earlier looks plausible 

9 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

This is how I see the timeline:

Monday -  meeting between Robertson and agent

Tuesday - takes the proposal to the board who discuss it

Wednesday - agreed

Thursday - forest give job to Brazil,  agent moves goalposts

Friday - MW told to take presser while it's being mulled over.  MW talks usual shite and lies.  After presser the board decide not to defer resignation. 

Plausible? 

After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated.

This would be on the Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Pffft wow at the pish your spouting really get king and the board out who's going to come and be the saviour then ? I get he's not eveyones cup of tea but dont forget least the club is still running and progress has definitely been made just no pleasing people at all I'm less worried than I was when we had Ashley's crooks running the club put it that way 

Exactly, people moaning about not getting this 30m everyone's going on about. The board have back the manager but least there not bankrupting the club like a certain mr Murray did. Yes they could do better but we are a club and in a better situation than this time 3 years ago. 

16 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Not strictly true. It reads that their Agent offered their resignations which the Board accepted.

Exactly what was offered will be subject to scrutiny but it's not immediately obvious that compo will definitely be payable. 

I don't agree - it reads like there was a negotiation but no offer.  Anyway Unless warburtons contract excludes the standard clause on resignation - they need a letter in writing.  Did MW not have to sign his employment contract or could the agent do it for him when he originally agreed it - this is Mickey Mouse from the board.

i think the discussions did happen as described, the board thought they were gettting lucky as they can't afford to just sack him, MW didn't get the Forrest job and the board have tried to force through the suggested negotiations.

incidentally if the employnent was immediately terminated why was MW in a press conference a few days later and only 4 hrs before they announced the resignation.

Amateur hour from that feckin idiom DK

5 minutes ago, Tommy WATP said:

Transparency is a word lost on this board,  convenient after again campaigning on this promise as well. 

For me huge changes need to happen before I'll put my trust in this board. No more bullshit. 

There is no trust with this board and never will be. We will remain in the shadow of the scum with the mendacious one in control. It's either put up or shut up, because nothing is changing, that much is very clear.

10 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

People moaning that this will cost us if the board fucked up......are you the same folk calling for the board to sack them which would have also cost us.

There is no way we'll be paying more than what we would if we sacked them outright so I don't understand that point.

Agree that the first part is just wishy washy pish

The extent of the compensation that's the difference.  If you terminate a contract and they take up enploent elsewhere then you don't shave to pay the full amount compensation. 

If you are accused of constructive dismissal then all bets are off and you could pay the full amount.

it will also cost 6 figures in legal fees if it gets messy.

38 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

F£&K ME!

First part is complete BS and DK thinks we're all idiots by putting that out there.

Second part, as much as probably true, confirms to me that no formal resignation has been received and we are going to end up paying MW and Co the full compensation for breach of contract.

DK is a complete Moron and we are a F£&King laughing stock!

Dingbat squad and SoS will buy into it

5 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

I'm not putting much weight on that caveat. We have 12 million left, and are no further forward after spending 18 million so quickly. That's not really a hopeful sign.

So correct me if I'm wrong here are you Implying that the teams a shower of shite then ?

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

There is no trust with this board and never will be. We will remain in the shadow of the scum with the mendacious one in control. It's either put up or shut up, because nothing is changing, that much is very clear.

Then Club1872 need to action on this statement. Simple as that, fans were lied to and King's statement confirms that today. Will we see any pressure from them?

5 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

I'm not putting much weight on that caveat. We have 12 million left, and are no further forward after spending 18 million so quickly. That's not really a hopeful sign.

That's because the man spending the money did so on a lot of shite ! Give 5-6m to a decent manager and he will sign good players 

3 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

Exactly, people moaning about not getting this 30m everyone's going on about. The board have back the manager but least there not bankrupting the club like a certain mr Murray did. Yes they could do better but we are a club and in a better situation than this time 3 years ago. 

What do you mea?. Dave King has put in 18 of the 30.

11 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

This is how I see the timeline:

Monday -  meeting between Robertson and agent

Tuesday - takes the proposal to the board who discuss it

Wednesday - agreed

Thursday - forest give job to Brazil,  agent moves goalposts

Friday - MW told to take presser while it's being mulled over.  MW talks usual shite and lies.  After presser the board decide not to defer resignation. 

Plausible? 

While your idea might turn out to be correct, surely the board would have been convened a meeting asap since this was an opportunity to to get rid of the management team as well. Why wait for two days in this day and age of communication. It just makes no sense to me.

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

People moaning that this will cost us if the board fucked up......are you the same folk calling for the board to sack them which would have also cost us.

There is no way we'll be paying more than what we would if we sacked them outright so I don't understand that point.

Agree that the first part is just wishy washy pish

We ARE a PR disaster nationwide.

They needed sacked, but it had to be done correctly and professionally. Once again this board make a rip roaring cunt of it. We have a shower of fucking chancers running us and taking us nowhere.

55 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

People who choose to not believe it will never believe anything and should probably stop demanding statements. It seems a pretty comprehensive statement about the whole situation.

As it did yesterday, it seems that our management team thought they had a better offer, it collapsed and they tried to hang on while clearly not having full commitment.

Simple as that.. Cheerio 

17 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Tbh I'm pretty happy with that statement apart from the blatant lie that we've invested £18m already.

Would the 18mil include ST money?  I have no idea about money matters, except that King was right to express his concern that money spent and wasted on bum players is what we were all saying.

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

all they things you mentioned in the first paragraph, while maybe needed, do not help bridge the gap to the tarriers that much, especially in the short term

before coming to power, king always spoke about closing the gap, regaining our rightful place, front loading the money needed, well im sorry but RTV, fixing the stadium etc do not cover the fact that the tarriers have a better playing squad

there is only one way to generate extra revenue as a scottish club, win things and play in europe, we wont do that by spunking money on shite like media stuff, RTV etc

I completely agree with you when you say they don't help close the gap on the field to the tarriers that much. It's exactly why said I'm disappointed more money hasn't been made available to spend on bringing in signings with the same sort of monetary value as Joe Garner, the sort of money that would buy a better quality of player than most of what we've brought in.

The point of mentioning those other things was to point out that just because the amount of money that has been put in hasn't all went on players doesn't mean it hasn't actually been put in, which is how some people are acting.

23 minutes ago, Tommy WATP said:

I'll ask it in here, what's the 18m of investment received into the club? If plan was to get 2nd place why advertise going for 55? Fans bought into this in huge numbers and Club 1872 should be asking these questions. 

We are on 54 . So we are always going to be going for 55 .

I hate the man but there is no criticism on this one from me

22 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Been reported in various places. 

Like the Sun , The Rhebel?

There is nothing to confirm this. The Board would also have to pay them off.

If they were going to sack them why did they only decide this week not to approve the contract extensions for Miller and Hill?

The Board had no finance to sack them and the fact the under 20 coach manages the team tomorrow tells me they were not prepared for the departure of Warburton. The next Rangers manager will be unemployed at this moment in time.