The squad re building job

KingKirk

How much movement are we likely to see this summer in and out. We have players on contract's that aren't up to the standard

Would you be against letting most of the players go for free if they could find another club.

I know that's not very good business but I see no other way we'd get rid of a large number of these players without it been on a free. Any new manager will want to put his stamp on the squad recruitment wise and that's the only way I can see it happening properly.

We really have been left with a pile of muck and I don't envy the new manager's job

I'd say we need to bring in as much as 9 or 10 players and about the same to leave.

We have a few decent players but they are devoid of heart and clueless with the system they are asked to play.

The lack of fight could be down to totally losing any faith in said system and it has affected confidence.

Some of them are better than they have shown this season.

Not for me.

I would take every 50, 100, 250 grand I could get for them. Every other club seems to get something in, yet we are happy to let players go for nothing.

You can say their not very good, however there's always someone willing to pay something. 

Some clubs even fork out a fortune for strikers who can't score.

4 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

Not for me.

I would take every 50, 100, 250 grand I could get for them. Every other club seems to get something in, yet we are happy to let players go for nothing.

You can say their not very good, however there's always someone willing to pay something. 

I get that mate I wouldn't give players away if someone was willing to pay for them obviously but we can't fuck around this summer. I'd tell most of the players to find new clubs then we'd negotiate a price. That's for the ones people are willing to pay for obviously

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'd say we need to bring in as much as 9 or 10 players and about the same to leave.

We have a few decent players but they are devoid of heart and clueless with the system they are asked to play.

The lack of fight could be down to totally losing any faith in said system and it has affected confidence.

Some of them are better than they have shown this season.

some possibly are but a new defense is a must don't care if we don't concede another goal or loose another match this season they are hopeless

We are paying a lot of these players the most money they will ever earn and they won't want to give that up, especially when most of them are on lengthy contracts.

They aren't going to be easy to get rid of and I fully believe it will end up costing the club money to get rid of the vast majority of them.

We should get at least a new center back, defensive mid and striker in that are better than what we have. Think Bocanegra, Hemdani and Darcheville. Players like them. Not them. Within our budget. That would bring a decent bit of life to this team. They are the most vital positions needing sorted. Then we build on that. Add in a box to box player. A decent winger. Another center back. Brick by boring brick to rebuild the team. 

Sick of seeing players freed with no return for the club.

I agree with Ger77 that we should be looking for any kind of fee regardless of the amount.

Some players might only generate 50-100k but at least it's money coming into the club.

The only players I think we could get money for would be windass and McKay. The rest I would happily let go on a free if they can find a club. Just to get the wages off the books.

The only thing about a massive overhaul is you need to get the players in early and that means a manager needs to be in place for just before the start of the window. So I'm guessing the new manager will know the jobs his before the season is up so he can start making plans ? 

The manager would need to have identified the players he wants and also identify who he wants to keep if any. 

Its going to be a long summer and the way the board are going about this, it's putting a lot of pressure on the new manager from the start and it's just not fair on them knowing the season we are having. 

3 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

We are in big trouble, that squad needs rubbed out and started again and that ain't cheap.

Well said, there are guys out there with a lesser skill level that can put in 100% every game, this lot are imposters, you cannot guarantee a level of performance from the majority of them week in week out.

We signed no marks, allegedly improvers, the cash we have spent looks at this moment in time to have been pissed up against a wall.

We need a major cash injection just to sit still, what's the contract status of the squad at the moment ?

Who can go in the summer ?

We can't really sell any of them, coz they are Pish.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

How much movement are we likely to see this summer in and out. We have players on contract's that aren't up to the standard

Would you be against letting most of the players go for free if they could find another club.

I know that's not very good business but I see no other way we'd get rid of a large number of these players without it been on a free. Any new manager will want to put his stamp on the squad recruitment wise and that's the only way I can see it happening properly.

We really have been left with a pile of muck and I don't envy the new manager's job

The majority of the players are dross. There will be no money paid for them. If they are on good money and not out of contract why should they move on?

You build on strong foundations, we do not have any. Until there is stability off the park, there will not be any on it.

The players need to be told right now that none of them are welcome at our club and that they should be playing with the intention of selling themselves to another club. Failure in there part will result in them being loaned out to a second tier Scottish club to see out there contract. 

These players are not up to the standard required and have let themselves down. They rightly or wrongly have caused three employees to be sacked. 

1 hour ago, jcb said:

Sick of seeing players freed with no return for the club.

I agree with Ger77 that we should be looking for any kind of fee regardless of the amount.

Some players might only generate 50-100k but at least it's money coming into the club.

That should keep Whitney in brogues.

We have three months left. 

We will find out over those months of potential struggle which of our players have the bottle it takes to play for Rangers. 

In the short term loanees can go back to their original club, if they could n't make it with their parent club and can't make it with us then simply get rid of them, we do not need to be a feeder club for other teams ambitions.

Player's who impress and show commitment over the next three months we keep.

Players who have given up already and have no intention of giving their all for us we sell at a realistic price (which will probably be a joke at this performance level) or we release. 

Times are tough, no time for favours to those who have in general let us down, or allowed the system to let themselves down.

Anyone leaving us I wish the best of luck, they were unfortunate to come to us at a time of transision which promised a great deal, but failed to deliver.

For those who stay and are committed ? Who knows, but they alone will have the utmost respect from this fan. 

2 hours ago, Ger77 said:

Not for me.

I was thinking this earlier, even more so: with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, we should have let some of them go last summer when we would have got 500k/750k for Kiernan, Waghorn, etc. Those who know much more about the game than me were calling out our weaknesses in defence and attack and saying the team wasn't fit for the top flight. A better manager, less in love with his own opinion, would have seen this and acted. As it was we have a championship-winning side with the addition of Krancjar when fit and Joe Garner, which is not enough.

Mind you, it says something about the dire state of the Scottish game when the team that has come up from the Championship has got a top three finish in the Premiership in the last two years: today's results prove that, apart from them and possibly the sheep, there's nothing to choose between the rest in terms of quality.

Would love to see some of the players come good under a new manager and system,  which I think is possible but knowing Rangers we'll pay to get rid of them. Need to build a backbone of 4 or 5 players, Souness style, for the team and take it from there. It's going to cost and don't think King is the man to make it happen. Fuckin sick of false dawns, just want a team playing and acting like the Rangers I know.

We need at least 16 out before we think about bringing anyone in. The squad is full of players who aren't good enough. It will be upto the board and new manager to be brave and bold enough to make that happen. If we get a guy in who thinks he can work with a majority of these imposters then next season will be the same as this one. We genuinely need at least 7 or 8 first team players brought in as a matter of extreme urgency as well when the clear out happens. Arguably more. 

49 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh well, we won't be buying even one bottle of champers.

We will get money for McKay and that won't be much as many think as he is just not doing it enough. Thereafter I'm struggling.

I reckon you get about 1to2 mill for Tav Wag Kiernan Halliday Wallace combined and maybe 3mill for McKay but that's it.