A thought occurred earlier. The numerous groups etc over the years.

Virtuoso

We've had the:

RST

Assembly

Association

Buy Rangers

SoS

Rangers First

Club 1872

(all the above inexplicably linked and each as toxic as the last...you see a recurring theme here?)

Then we have the merchandise:

Fleshers Haugh (RST spin off)

Red and Black shirts (RST spin off)

Lionbrand (originally donating C1872, possibly RF previously not 100% on that btw - now going direct to the club :sarcasm: )

The Loyal Standard - going direct to Dingwall

SoS merch - going fuck knows where. Lotto and a football academy apparently.

(all the above inexplicably linked...you see a recurring theme here?)

I've most likely missed a few, but you get the gist. People often wonder why we're divided as a support, there's your answer above. The same recurring names / cliques and toxicity.

Not to mention the various fan groups (TBO, UoF etc etc). Is it any wonder why we lurch from one clusterfuck to another. 

We truly are 'The numerous People' :rangers:

:lol:

We truly are 'The numerous People' 

Or ....."The People Numerous" ..... :sarcasm:

Not a fans group as such but ...... some of the same names involved in the groups above appeared in and around TRFFF .... and as your post suggests, have tainted that once great idea also ..... :p:

:UK:

29 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

We've had the:

RST

Assembly

Buy Rangers

SoS

Rangers First

Club 1872

(all the above inexplicably linked and each as toxic as the last...you see a recurring theme here?)

Lionbrand (originally donating C1872, possibly RF previously not 100% on that btw - now going direct to the club :sarcasm: )

I've most likely missed a few, but you get the gist. People often wonder why we're divided as a support, there's your answer above. The same recurring names / cliques and toxicity.

Not to mention the various fan groups (TBO, UoF etc etc). Is it any wonder why we lurch from one clusterfuck to another. 

Don't forget all the small hand outs like DB seats, access to tickets, TV appearances, etc.

I'd also add TLT to your list if something DOES come off with EH.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

We truly are 'The numerous People' 

Or ....."The People Numerous" ..... :sarcasm:

Not a fans group as such but ...... some of the same names involved in the groups above appeared in and around TRFFF .... and as your post suggests, have tainted that once great idea also ..... :p:

:tu:

As I said, I most likely missed some.

TRFFF - the same clique as above who wanted to use it towards Houstons legal bills.

Case in point proven.

Ok, so I may sound like a numpty here (nothing new there)...

1) Is the purpose of a "Fan's Group" to represent the fans or be a go-between club and fans?

2) If they disagree with your opinion or train of thought or question to ask the club, do they just ignore it and not ask? In other words, they are cliques, and you basically have to agree with them if you want the club to hear you?

3) When was the last time a fan's group achieved something positive? (That isn't sarcastic, there may actually have been an achievement of sorts at some point).

I guess the reason I ask the above is because it is at a pathetic stage now where some group en masse needs to stand up after incidents such as:

Motherwell fans invaded pitch - no consequence

HIVs fans invaded pitch - no consequence

Players represent country, and booed

etc...

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

We've had the:

RST

Assembly

Association

Buy Rangers

SoS

Rangers First

Club 1872

Take RF and the Association out and aye, its depressing. The Association goes way back, but unfortunately seems to have missed out in keeping up with the times. For me RF evolved from Rangers Unite. Not really a fans group with a label. Just trying to bring all together under one roof and safeguard our club via share ownership.

32 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yup.

Bears back their club with our hard earned.

Cunts rape that very same blue pound.

Sickening.

This is it  all the money that goes to all the various merchandise could be going to the club rather than greedy individuals.

15 minutes ago, govansw1 said:

Take RF and the Association out and aye, its depressing. The Association goes way back, but unfortunately seems to have missed out in keeping up with the times. For me RF evolved from Rangers Unite. Not really a fans group with a label. Just trying to bring all together under one roof and safeguard our club via share ownership.

I'd forgotten about Rangers Unite :tu:

I didn't include the Association in my original post...but Dingwall created 'issues' within the Association, his divisive behaviour more than anything and his use of FF to promote or exclude the views of others.

As for RF, sorry - but they need to be included here. A brilliant idea which was successful on it's own merits (and one which I have continually praised), but subsequently went down the shitter due to jumping into bed with the RST (despite the promises otherwise) and now being nothing more than the RST mark II.

The self-promotion of some, the infighting, backstabbing and multiple resignations in under a year of its inception is proof of this.

3 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

We've had the:

RST

Assembly

Association

Buy Rangers

SoS

Rangers First

Club 1872

Parasites one and all.

Never had any interest in fans groups to be honest, always just found them to be full of folk wanting to show off how brilliant, clever or devoted they are.

I've always wished there was some way of breaking that mould.

There is plenty we could do as a support if we united together.

Shame it needs diehards to get things going, which in turn puts people off as they aren't diehard enough for the diehards.

I'm half joking, but look at the impact when the fans all wore orange/Dutch gear. Still spoken about on a weekly/monthly basis.

imagine instead of all wearing orange wigs we all teemed up and bought shares, or petitioned sports direct or the SFA about our treatment.

Imagine as a support we all boycotted BT sport/sky in defiance of the shit show of a TV deal we have.

Imagine we all bought tickets for the Scotland game, then didn't go, to show our derision of the SFA.

These might be off the cuff suggestions, and i cant say I'm serious about them, but it would be ideal to have a fans group that mobilised the fans enmasse.

There's not a single group that doesn't get the pish ripped out them on here.

8 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I'd forgotten about Rangers Unite :tu:

I didn't include the Association in my original post...but Dingwall created 'issues' within the Association, his divisive behaviour more than anything and his use of FF to promote or exclude the views of others.

As for RF, sorry - but they need to be included here. A brilliant idea which was successful on it's own merits (and one which I have continually praised), but subsequently went down the shitter due to jumping into bed with the RST (despite the promises otherwise) and now being nothing more than the RST mark II.

The self-promotion of some, the infighting, backstabbing and multiple resignations in under a year of its inception is proof of this.

Dingwall...2012. RU 'another fans group created during our crisis'. Not true says me. Banned for life from FF.

RF guys n gals all decent folk. The amount of work they  put in can take its toll on private life. I believe the 'Club' is behind the creation of Club 1872 due to RF success. Like the assembly/murray.

3 minutes ago, govansw1 said:

Dingwall...2012. RU 'another fans group created during our crisis'. Not true says me. Banned for life from FF.

RF guys n gals all decent folk. The amount of work they  put in can take its toll on private life. I believe the 'Club' is behind the creation of Club 1872 due to RF success. Like the assembly/murray.

Absolutely, without doubt. 100%.

...but hey, C1872 are totally independent :happy:

:sarcasm:

49 minutes ago, govansw1 said:

To start with RF was a great thing, you would need to ask those in charge why they felt the need to lie and finally sell us out. 

59 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Been thinking about RF a bit recently and am wondering if I should be wearing the tinfoil hat. I cannot help but be suspicious about the original thought behind the  organisation although for many the intentions were innocent. Where did the concept and way its CIC was laid out come from. Had to be exact or the shares and legal mumbo jumbo could not be transferred out to 1872. Probably would have needed a lawyer to work it all out but where could they find one.

Was it a victim of its own success or did it follow the exact path that the shady figures behind the scenes had planned for it. It just all fits just so well. A toxic organisation needed replaced (RST), a bogeyman (MA) needed to be  stopped from getting control, the great white knight rode into town and our great support enthusiastically put up the cash for the club by buying shares through RF. Confidence was flowing as we were assured there was no way RF could merge with RST and the target was 25% + 1, then 5%, then ????

Then it all began, murmuring of a merger for the good of the fans or club, this paving the way so the fuss died down before the vote. a rather insidious question on policy for the vote, appearance of projects instead of share purchase, a working group planned and arranged by who??? Etc etc.

So back on with the tinfoil hat as I am talking nonsense............or am I

1 hour ago, Ger77 said:

Parasites one and all.

I think this is out of order, while I understand people don't like some of the people involved with some of those groups, lets not forget a lot of these fans have paid for season tickets, are part of supporter clubs who run buses, who buy programs, lucky stars, lotto and merchandise. These guys could be sitting beside you on a match day or traveling back from games on buses and trains. You have every right to be angry at people in these groups but lets not label a whole load of fellow bears as " parasites "

Fan groups are, in theory, a great idea and I believe, maybe naively, that those who start them have the best intentions.

Then along come the personal agenda merchants, the political bias groups, the groups that form to thwart any ideas from that other group because we don't like them.

Pretty soon the whole thing becomes a laughing stock because it no longer does what it was formed to do.

Represent the fans, all the fans no matter who you voted for, which foot you kick with, which school you went to.

It has been posted on here before, imagine the clout a Rangers fan club that acted with cause in mind, could achieve.

A dream that has been made impossible by all the fore mentioned groups who, without doubt, started out with the best of intentions but strayed off the path due to influences that for the most part had nothing to do with Rangers.

49 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Been thinking about RF a bit recently and am wondering if I should be wearing the tinfoil hat. I cannot help but be suspicious about the original thought behind the  organisation although for many the intentions were innocent. Where did the concept and way its CIC was laid out come from. Had to be exact or the shares and legal mumbo jumbo could not be transferred out to 1872. Probably would have needed a lawyer to work it all out but where could they find one.

Was it a victim of its own success or did it follow the exact path that the shady figures behind the scenes had planned for it. It just all fits just so well. A toxic organisation needed replaced (RST), a bogeyman (MA) needed to be  stopped from getting control, the great white knight rode into town and our great support enthusiastically put up the cash for the club by buying shares through RF. Confidence was flowing as we were assured there was no way RF could merge with RST and the target was 25% + 1, then 5%, then ????

Then it all began, murmuring of a merger for the good of the fans or club, this paving the way so the fuss died down before the vote. a rather insidious question on policy for the vote, appearance of projects instead of share purchase, a working group planned and arranged by who??? Etc etc.

So back on with the tinfoil hat as I am talking nonsense............or am I

No tinfoil required.

Self-serving egotists, working to agendas and the lure of the blue pound or a blazer proving too much. The lies regarding no merger etc.

By their deeds...

45 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

I think this is out of order, while I understand people don't like some of the people involved with some of those groups, lets not forget a lot of these fans have paid for season tickets, are part of supporter clubs who run buses, who buy programs, lucky stars, lotto and merchandise. These guys could be sitting beside you on a match day or traveling back from games on buses and trains. You have every right to be angry at people in these groups but lets not label a whole load of fellow bears as " parasites "

I don't think he meant all the good Bears mate ..... just the element at the top who seem to poison the original promise of unity .... and they have to some degree, been involved in all the groups mentioned above .... they are the ones who are rightly named as  parasites. 

Certainly not the good ones you mention mate ... they have been treated disgracefully and no blame lies in their direction.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

I don't think he meant all the good Bears mate ..... just the element at the top who seem to poison the original promise of unity .... and they have to some degree, been involved in all the groups mentioned above .... they are the ones who are rightly named as  parasites. 

Certainly not the good ones you mention mate ... they have been treated disgracefully and no blame lies in their direction.

He could have said that Bobby, might be the way I picked it up but lets not tar everyone in an organisation or group with the same brush as its bad apples :thumbup: