Director of football

K.A.I

Well if the structure the board thinks is correct is with a DoF I fail to see why it is taking so long. As someone else said Rossiter will be back before we appoint anyone. There seems no sense of urgency from the board and no information coming out from them . 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Walter Smith who was given the best part of £20 million to spend gathering a team from down south and likewise? 

You do realize our situation don't you? You do know we don't have a fucking penny?

Now you get it, and that's all i have also been saying. We need serious serious investment. If this board are not prepared to invest what is needed then it doesn't matter how many scouts or what calibre of DoF we have, nothing will change. This club, this team need huge sums spent on it.

King promised to quadruple our wage bill this season, it didn't even double. I don't think they have the means to satisfy this clubs ambitions. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Don't joke about that, it could maybe come true. 

I just had to get it in. I'm thinking about sending an email to king saying that the fans think it is a great idea, in sending out all the right messages and would fully support such a move.

Do you think king would suss it, or is he that thick, it being just the excuse he needs to make it happen? I'm sure Whitney is well up for it after losing out on the SLO slot. Well king through his QC, did cite the fans in court on the breach of contract action, saying we the fans weren't happy about the SD deal, the one that we are not supposed to know about, or did he conveiently forget about the banning order and just stupidly dug himself another hole?!

A legend in his own mind, in being just not too shining bright and it's no wonder SARS fucked him.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I just had to get it in. I'm thinking about sending an email to king saying that the fans think it is a great idea, in sending out all the right messages and would fully support such a move.

Do you think king would suss it, or is he that thick, it being just the excuse he needs to make it happen? I'm sure Whitney is well up for it after losing out on the SLO slot. Well king through his QC, did cite the fans in court on the breach of contract action, saying we the fans weren't happy about the SD deal, the one that we are not supposed to know about, or did he conveiently forget about the banning order and just stupidly dug himself another hole?!

A legend in his own mind, in being just not too shining bright and it's no wonder SARS fucked him.

Sound:tu:

the DoF is an admin post. It is not going to suddenly make us fantastic on the park. At the moment we are rapidly becoming an irrelevance in Scottish football - 3rd in the league miles behind the leaders, out the cups - its the status of St Johnstone - just with a bigger support. I fear that with pedro and a DoF all we are doing is tinkering at the edges and expecting any manager to suddenly work miracles is asking a lot. GF is correct - Walter had tons of money to throw about, and unfortunately, I think it is going to need tons of money to take that squad and re-shape it into championship contenders. 

We then have the ignominy of being told in the papers today that we have been "put in our place", when all we are really trying to do is be competitive in a footballing environment that now has the chips stacked massively against us. Even winning a cup will do nothing really for our finances - it would be nice, but it isnt going to help bridge that financial gap and make us competitive over the course of the season.

Its a curious and horrible position we find ourselves in - and not one i think EUFA intended when they limited the CL spots to just 1 team. There was always the presumption that at least 2 teams in every league would fight it out for the top spot and would be able to compete relatively equally for that spot and the cash that comes with it. Now, with one team being given a free run at it for years and all our previous international players leaving us at the admin event, the situation has been completely perverted. The league isnt competitive, the gulf between the main rivals is huge and we simply cant compete financially at the moment - and therefore our rivals get stronger and stronger.

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

Appoint a Director of Football, tell the fans we need to be patient, write off next season early on at some point, and then play for the long term again, being told how wonderful everything is coming along at Auchenhowie? It's meaningless, if we do not have a team on the park to bring this club success then all of this is worthless. The fans have been very patient, it is now time the people running the club gave the team the backing it needs, and that will mean spending on players who will bring this club success immediately. 

Bingo 

1 hour ago, OhW said:

I think Robertson and Murray could be too taken in by modern, 'corporate/business-style' intelligent managers who talk a good game but have never actually achieved anything. Think of someone like Walter, would he have ever got past their interview process? I'm not sure. I'm with you, we need to appoint people who can actually choose the correct staff for us.

Yip thats exactly what I suspect happened with Caixinha.

King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board have painted themselves into a corner on this DOF malarkey.    By announcing that a DOF and Head Coach strategy was they way to go to modernise the Club and to bring about the success everyone wants to see, and then in appointing Pedro who is a coach well used to working with a DOF structure and then failing to appoint a DOF and admitting it will take as long as it needs to take, puts Pedro into a difficult position.

Pedro acknowledged as much in a recent RTV interview when he was asked if he was to be involved in selecting a DOF.  He said 'no' but (as I recall it) admitted that a lot of the stuff a DOF would be doing is falling to him .....the typical British Manager role was how I think he broadly described it.   Put another way, if Pedro is also covering DOF stuff and player identification and recruitment and scouting stuff then its not what he was brought in to do and the longer it goes on the more opportunity it creates for him to claim distraction if things don't go the way he'd want them to be going on the pitch next season.   Robertson - and King whether he likes it or not - would be wide open to the justifiable claim that Pedro was engaged under false pretences if the DOF, scouting etc stuff morphed into his job role because of Roberston and Dickson sitting on their hands taking as long as they think they need to take (or more to the point making sure there is enough ST money in the bank before appointing somebody).  

If they don't recruit, or allow undue delay in recruiting (which is where we are right now imo) then they risk pushing Pedro towards the door on the basis that he's being asked to do something he's not experienced in doing and didn't sign up to do.   Robertson, Dickson and King have no alternative but to get off their backsides and get on with making an appointment, and for that appointment to get into gear quickly and make a positive impact on player recruitment for next season.      If they don't, or if they change their minds on appointing a DOF, then the charge of utterly clueless and of recklessly appointing a manager who had expected to be working using a DOF structure and who was left holding the combined coach / DOF role by the default of the Directors.

Having painted themselves into a DOF corner (and I'm not saying that I agree with a DOF strategy but its what they decided and its a key part of the basis on which they appointed Pedro as manager) they need to act and act very soon.    Preparation for next season is just around the corner.  Players in the squad who are not good enough need to be moved on and - much more importantly - far better players acquired.   Time is of the essence and Robertson's recent statements about taking as long as it needs to take do not indicate that he has any strong sense of the importance for next season of seeing a vastly improved team and vastly improved league results.      

43 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board have painted themselves into a corner on this DOF malarkey.    By announcing that a DOF and Head Coach strategy was they way to go to modernise the Club and to bring about the success everyone wants to see, and then in appointing Pedro who is a coach well used to working with a DOF structure and then failing to appoint a DOF and admitting it will take as long as it needs to take, puts Pedro into a difficult position.

Pedro acknowledged as much in a recent RTV interview when he was asked if he was to be involved in selecting a DOF.  He said 'no' but (as I recall it) admitted that a lot of the stuff a DOF would be doing is falling to him .....the typical British Manager role was how I think he broadly described it.   Put another way, if Pedro is also covering DOF stuff and player identification and recruitment and scouting stuff then its not what he was brought in to do and the longer it goes on the more opportunity it creates for him to claim distraction if things don't go the way he'd want them to be going on the pitch next season.   Robertson - and King whether he likes it or not - would be wide open to the justifiable claim that Pedro was engaged under false pretences if the DOF, scouting etc stuff morphed into his job role because of Roberston and Dickson sitting on their hands taking as long as they think they need to take (or more to the point making sure there is enough ST money in the bank before appointing somebody).  

If they don't recruit, or allow undue delay in recruiting (which is where we are right now imo) then they risk pushing Pedro towards the door on the basis that he's being asked to do something he's not experienced in doing and didn't sign up to do.   Robertson, Dickson and King have no alternative but to get off their backsides and get on with making an appointment, and for that appointment to get into gear quickly and make a positive impact on player recruitment for next season.      If they don't, or if they change their minds on appointing a DOF, then the charge of utterly clueless and of recklessly appointing a manager who had expected to be working using a DOF structure and who was left holding the combined coach / DOF role by the default of the Directors.

Having painted themselves into a DOF corner (and I'm not saying that I agree with a DOF strategy but its what they decided and its a key part of the basis on which they appointed Pedro as manager) they need to act and act very soon.    Preparation for next season is just around the corner.  Players in the squad who are not good enough need to be moved on and - much more importantly - far better players acquired.   Time is of the essence and Robertson's recent statements about taking as long as it needs to take do not indicate that he has any strong sense of the importance for next season of seeing a vastly improved team and vastly improved league results.      

We are 65 days away from Europa league starting...seriously need to get their finger out.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

We are 65 days away from Europa league starting...seriously need to get their finger out.

It's not going to make a blind bit of difference to the Europa League. We're never making the group stages of that.

47 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

That is because they are working to a different agenda to the fan base. We are looking to challenge for the title. They are clearly not, as neither can they afford it, whether it be for a DoF, a top manager or decent players, nor can they admit to it. We are talking cheap and not so cheerful here. It maybe more than the also rans, but it will not be closing any gap on the scum.

12 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

It's not going to make a blind bit of difference to the Europa League. We're never making the group stages of that.

It's a long shot with the current side but why the fuck did the board say European football was imperative? Did they just mean a few rounds of qualifying. We are Rangers not some other mob like st Johnstone, hearts or the sheep you are just happy with a few rounds

23 minutes ago, gj923 said:

It's a long shot with the current side but why the fuck did the board say European football was imperative? Did they just mean a few rounds of qualifying. We are Rangers not some other mob like st Johnstone, hearts or the sheep you are just happy with a few rounds

Trying to pretend they have big time ambitions , without divulging they have fuck all money to do it with. A wee sweetener to wet the appetite in trying to sell the fantasy that we will be back in the big time. It's all an illusion, if some haven't worked that out yet.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Trying to pretend they have big time ambitions , without divulging they have fuck all money to do it with. A wee sweetener to wet the appetite in trying to sell the fantasy that we will be back in the big time. It's all an illusion, if some haven't worked that out yet.

Unsure who knows less about their actual ambitions....the board or me. We have a chairman who has only bothered to come to 1 game this season and allegedly watches the games on TV. Fuck knows what the like of Murray and Gilligan do other than staring into the mirror with their club ties and brogues on. You had fans shouting from the rooftops when the last mob where in but here we are

- 65 days from the new season and none the wiser if we actually have a licence to play in Europe yet

- Several of our better players about to have their contracts finished with no idea if they will be kept on

- A court case with SD which could cost us a good few quid

- Another one which our esteemed chairman has saw fit to hid from the fans

- No word on a new shirt sponsor or indeed any new revenues since some shitty phone app

- An untried manager with very limited experience who wants to ideally work under a DOF but none appointed

- MOH for another 3 years on the payroll

• 1 month later...
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Hope somebody in the England squad actually takes a swing and makes contact with that wee fenian bastards face.

He got a slap in the face, went off greeting and they're making the wee cunt out to be some sort of Rambo/Rocky figure who's come back from the dead. Wee drama queen prick.........