Sack The Manager etc

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

my only contention to all of this is that even Murty could get that shite performing against the scum, Pedro can't get them performing well against anyone unless you count a win as an indicator or "performing well". 

Even with his only players i don't see Pedro being a challenge to the nappy rippers so it's yet another season wasted in 17/18. i'd like to be proved wrong but i don't think i will. 

Unless we have the budget to match, then no one is challenging them. Not now, not for the foreseeble future. They are arming themselves for the CL, that much is very clear and dominating this backwater only a byproduct of that.

You want to shout, then shout at the board as they are the root cause of who and what we now are. PC is just another in a long line of patsies for this board.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'm saying he needs his own squad to be judged properly as every manager should. 

Watching the shambolic lack of basic organisationin open play, the absurd defensive set ups at set pieces,the lack of effort and the constant loss of possession I would have serious doubts about allowing this dud any say in signings.Since he arrived it has been a shambles and when have we ever had the lower share of possession at home for 3 games in a row?

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He or any other manager do not just need their own players, they need adequate funding to make a title challenge and will NOT be happening under this board. No matter how many mangers we go through or scaoegoat, that is the reality.

Now, pray tell us in honesty, are you seriously expecting a title challenge under this board? If you are, then it will be a long season. The one and the next and repeat.

The only tealistic expectation that I have, is closing the points gap. Nothing more, because that is who and what we are and will remain under this board.

I think I understand where you're going with this. I assume you mean that he doesn't just need his own players (McCoist and Warburton had that), he needs enough money to out bid rivals? I also think you're talking over a longer term too. We can get sufficient now to finish a clear second but then it becomes ongoing tweaks, so that funding needs to be ongoing. We have two seasons max to do it, so that front-loading of investment needs to happen now.

There are worrying signs from Pedro but we must get behind him and wait until he signs his own players.

he seems to talk a good game going on about neededing 'warriors' and 'men and wingers etc and saying we don't win enough second balls etc so hopefully he will put his words into action.

but the only man who I would be estastic with and he would improve us straight away would be Walter smith and that's a sad state of affairs because he's done his time with us and should enjoy his retirement 

1 minute ago, docspiderman said:

Watching the shambolic lack of basic organisationin open play, the absurd defensive set ups at set pieces,the lack of effort and the constant loss of possession I would have serious doubts about allowing this dud any say in signings.Since he arrived it has been a shambles and when have we ever had the lower share of possession at home for 3 games in a row?

I think there are times we do look shambolic. But to my reckoning we defend much better at set pieces than we did under warburton. My belief is that the midfield needs guts and guile - we were so much better once the players actually started TRYING last night.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So from this squad what would your best 11 (including 3 new signings) be next season and what would your expectations be assuming they all stayed fit?

Edit

Hill senderos Toral and Hyndman are those leaving for certain. 

Who is being sold?

Ps my expectations are realistically, (though I hope for better). We come a close second, win a cup, beat Celtic both times at home and once at P/Heid and make the Europa League proper.

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Before anyone starts I'm not saying he's above criticism, far from it. Some of his substitutions at times have been puzzling e.g how Windass stayed on that pitch last night I'll never know. 

But I honestly don't understand the logic in calling for the man's head when you look at the dross he has to work with. These players have broken just about every record going this season and they were all signed by one man. 

I knew this would happen, Pedro came in and if we continued on course to have a train wreck of a season  he'd get the blame, whereas if it were the opposite he'd be the new Mourinho.

He simply has to be given a chance to bring his own players in although he'll probably be thrown under the bus by the board as expected, so let's see where we are come this time next year. 

That actually sounds like something a board-friendly chum would issue.   We got no "new manager bounce" which nearly every club would get.  In fact we have regressed.   Nobody expected him to turn the players into a Real Madridesque squad but we had hoped for some sign of tactical nuance which hasn't been apparent to date.     He will not be sacked just now but people are correct to question whether he should have been appointed in the first instance.   

Just now, writingranger said:

I think there are times we do look shambolic. But to my reckoning we defend much better at set pieces than we did under warburton. My belief is that the midfield needs guts and guile - we were so much better once the players actually started TRYING last night.

I agree with your last point but were you at last nights game and see how we had one player marking 4 of their players and the 2 free men they always had outside the box available for a pass or to collect any clearance.

At the moment, I am willing to give the manager a break, he's now had a chance to assess the squad he's inherited (minus injured players) and the fact he included a few young players, and when it came to subbing off a shite loanee midfielder, he again went for a youth player, shows exactly what he thinks of charlatans like halliday/holt/toral - we've been playing bad football, there's no doubt about that but when you see the number of times mistakes in the midfield have cost us goals and games this season, its no surprise that since we lack any midfield quality, the manger is looking to bypass that hugely problematic area of the pitch. The one thing I don't understand is how these players can't make a 10 yard pass successfully, their passing and possession slowly got worse and worse under warburton, even tho that was all they were being asked to do - but individual errors cost us time after time, and now some of them don't really look like they've seen a ball before. Miller has probably been our best midfielder in the last few games and he's got a first touch like a brick wall!

If we start next season without a recognisable difference to the spine of the team (i.e. actually have one) then it's fair enough to call out pedro on it. At the moment he's recognised the squad are absolutely fucking shite and his hands are tied by it, miller looks like the only player you can trust to apply himself in a game and although he's been our best player this season - he's not great at all and it says a lot about where we have been left by warburton.

What did warburton have, 4 transfer windows (?) to try and get a decent cb, dm and goalscorer?!

Moan about the players and cant wait to get rid of them, but then turn on the guy who inherited them.

The seasons been a shambles, and Pedro has a lot to prove but its actually embarrassing people calling for his head. 

Let the fucking guy get a chance to build a team of his own players, his own ideas across and a pre-season to implement his ways.

A big summer ahead for him and the board but judge both after that, the board are really running out of time and patience amongst the support and rightfully so, If he doesnt get it right he will be offski anyway.

We are in a terrible situation and need to hope Caixinha works miracles already, people need to wisen up to this.

Also, I think he knows exactly what he is doing by playing about five under 20's last night, you cant tell me all them players are injured but thats another story...

38 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Fod 

Tav     New Guy  Wilson   Wallace/Beerman

New CDM/Rossiter

Windass/Barjonas      Krancjar    McKay 

Miller/New Guy

Garner

Caixhina believes he has enough money to spend, that means it's about wise recruitment and getting the team to understand how he wants to play. I hope it does, and soon.

Weak defensively with one defensive Midfielder.

A reliance on a guy struggling for fitness to create for forwards who have scored 20 goals between 2 of them this season.

A reliance on the new CH to glue together a weak defence, and a new forward to instantly score a barrelload given no other in that team can / will.

Honestly?

I'd reckon we'd finish behind the bheasts, sheep, Ed Hivs and ST J with that, and that's assuming they all stayed fit and weren't suspended.

2 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Moan about the players and cant wait to get rid of them, but then turn on the guy who inherited them.

The seasons been a shambles, and Pedro has a lot to prove but its actually embarrassing people calling for his head. 

Let the fucking guy get a chance to build a team of his own players, his own ideas across and a pre-season to implement his ways.

A big summer ahead for him and the board but judge both after that, the board are really running out of time and patience amongst the support and rightfully so, If he doesnt get it right he will be offski anyway.

We are in a terrible situation and need to hope Caixinha works miracles already, people need to wisen up to this.

Also, I think he knows exactly what he is doing by playing about five under 20's last night, you cant tell me all them players are injured but thats another story...

It's possible we are going to be going down this route a lot more next season, and then we'll be told to take our time, they are young players and they are learning the ropes. I could be wrong, but I think there is a longer term strategy in playing so many of the young players. Ideally they will develop and become very good players, but we cannot rely on youth alone; we must sign quality players to play alongside them.

21 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Eh?

I stated my opinion and in my opinion the ones calling for Pedro's head are wrong.

If anywhere in my post is abusive then please point it out otherwise I don't know what your trying to imply.

I think you have misunderstood my post mate. I really don't go in for abusing fellow bears and didn't think you were abusing anyone either

All I am saying is we are all posting our opinions and the fact that other people have different doesn't make them wrong.

I'm not saying you are wrong just that my opinion differs

Only time will tell which of us is correct

14 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I think I understand where you're going with this. I assume you mean that he doesn't just need his own players (McCoist and Warburton had that), he needs enough money to out bid rivals? I also think you're talking over a longer term too. We can get sufficient now to finish a clear second but then it becomes ongoing tweaks, so that funding needs to be ongoing. We have two seasons max to do it, so that front-loading of investment needs to happen now.

Not outbid rivals, but enough that he can bring in quality. We need it in spades all over the park. When I hear posters saying they would keep the like of Tav, I know we will never progress. Him and his like are at best the best of a very bad bunch and should never be near our jersey. What it tells me the pride has gone. Not hard to understand when having gone through what we did, but we are now all consumed by it and cannot rise above it. We now have the mindset of victims and losers. If our aspiration is keeping players like Tav, we have lost, far less the plot!

The root cause of our current problems lie with the board and not with some newbie no mark manager. He didn't appoint himself!

Start venting the anger at the board, to see if some change can be effected, as inreleasing more funds. That would be a start. If not, all we are producing is noise for the sake of it and going nowhere fast.

36 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's one thing saying they'd listen and another thing being reasonable in the negotiations. I'm willing to bet they would have demanded a significant amount of compensation for us to take McInnes from them and tbh who's to say he'd even be worth it either?

It's Aberdeen ffs mate how much can they resonably expect? didn't we have to give the mob Pedro came from 400k compo? I like him but it's Derek McInnes not an EPL manager in demand going to a rival club. 

It's pretty desperate sounding to try and claim we couldn't afford McInnes to justify Pedro's appointment. 

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Before anyone starts I'm not saying he's above criticism, far from it. Some of his substitutions at times have been puzzling e.g how Windass stayed on that pitch last night I'll never know. 

But I honestly don't understand the logic in calling for the man's head when you look at the dross he has to work with. These players have broken just about every record going this season and they were all signed by one man. 

I knew this would happen, Pedro came in and if we continued on course to have a train wreck of a season  he'd get the blame, whereas if it were the opposite he'd be the new Mourinho.

He simply has to be given a chance to bring his own players in although he'll probably be thrown under the bus by the board as expected, so let's see where we are come this time next year. 

Yet Clement never thought for one moment that Swansea was a lost cause and his answer to that press conference question, which was phrased in a way that suggested he was on a hiding to nothing, said much about the 45‑year‑old’s self-belief as well as his way of working. While some managers would have made a big fuss about needing funds to make signings in the transfer window, or offered up a throwaway line about how many points were still available, Clement explained that he thought Swansea could survive because he would get out on the training ground and coach.

can't see Clements way of coaching with Pedro. send him back to Quatar as long as it is possible

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Not outbid rivals, but enough that he can bring in quality. We need it in spades all over the park. When I hear posters saying they would keep the like of Tav, I know we will never progress. Him and his like are at best the best of a very bad bunch and should never be near our jersey. What it tells me the pride has gone. Not hard to understand when having gone through what we did, but we are now all consumed by it and cannot rise above it. We now have the mindset of victims and losers. If our aspiration is keeping players like Tav, we have lost, far less the plot!

The root cause of our current problems lie with the board and not with some newbie no mark manager. He didn't appoint himself!

Start venting the anger at the board, to see if some change can be effected, as inreleasing more funds. That would be a start. If not, all we are producing is noise for the sake of it and going nowhere fast.

Overall I agree with this but the problem with Tavernier etc is that we use them and look to them as our main players; they shouldn't be that, and with better players in the team it is possible many of those players would be better. We have squad players and other who shouldn't be in the squad; none of them would have got an automatic starting place in the team years ago.

20 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Ps my expectations are realistically, (though I hope for better). We come a close second, win a cup, beat Celtic both times at home and once at P/Heid and make the Europa League proper.

If we beat them twice at home and once away I would be looking at better than second

39 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I am behind Pedro and the agenda thats been driven against him by the media and supported by some fans is a disgrace. From the moment he walked in the door he was targeted. 

However, I can't ignore that he overseen our worst ever defeat at Ibrox v the tarriers and first loss against the sheep at Ibrox for 26 years. Shite players or not, he overseen it.  That makes me worry. 

Mate see this agenda talk, he's giving the media and rivals all sorts of ammo on a plate. The past couple days he done Aberdeen's team talk for them with his crap about the team .. have you seen the pish he's been saying now about McInnes wants his job and apparently not letting McInnes into his office after the game? ... there's no media witch-hunt against the guy but I'll tell you something there should be and help get him right out the door.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's Aberdeen ffs mate how much can they resonably expect? didn't we have to give the mob Pedro came from 400k compo? I like him but it's Derek McInnes not an EPL manager in demand going to a rival club. 

It's pretty desperate sounding to try and claim we couldn't afford McInnes to justify Pedro's appointment. 

At the time I'm sure there were reports that Aberdeen wanted £1,000,000 compensation for him.

Just now, DBBTB said:

At the time I'm sure there were reports that Aberdeen wanted £1,000,000 compensation for him.

What they want and what they would get is not the same thing. Managers in that position have walked away in the past and let the clubs argue later

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

What they want and what they would get are two different things. Last week I had something on E-Bay I was asking £1250 for which I didn't get. You can ask literally anything.

McInnes would have came and if Aberdeen wanted 1 million quid it would have went to a panel and they determine it on contract length, wages etc.

And we gave about half of that figure to Pedro's club anyway and a 4-year deal at 700k a year ... why couldn't we afford McInnes? it's ridiculous to suggest it. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Mate see this agenda talk, he's giving the media and rivals all sorts of ammo on a plate. The past couple days he done Aberdeen's team talk for them with his crap about the team .. have you seen the pish he's been saying now about McInnes wants his job and apparently not letting McInnes into his office after the game? ... there's no media witch-hunt against the guy but I'll tell you something there should be and help get him right out the door.

He obviously loves to talk but so far he's doing nothing to actually back it up and he might think he's creating a siege mentality but he's just making himself look and sound like a fool.

And by the way any anger should be directed towards the board. The buck stops with them and King. We need serious investment,if they are either unwilling or unable then get to fuck and get someone in place who IS able and willing. Fucking playtime is well over. I've said it before but as it stands we are careering head first towards mediocrity. If they do 10 and then pass our title haul we've had it.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I have to agree that snubbing McInnes was wrong.

Even if he did it at the last game ( he says he was just doing media interviews and was a bit late) then lowering yourself to that position does not help. He should have shown him how he would have expected to be treated