Sack The Manager etc

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

People talk about tactics, formations and decision making - but we are so limited through injuries and fallouts that he has virtually no option yhan to stick with the 433 at the moment. 

I've said a few times, and it doesn't seem to get much notice, but right now we're missing...

Barton, Rossiter, Kranjcar, Hyndman, Crooks, MOH, Forrester, Kiernan, Wallace, Hill, Wilson and others through injury or fallouts. We even lost Hodson last night, and have had injuries to Toral and others since he's taken over. 

I'm sure he'd love to have hooked Windass last night, but for who? We've literally no alternatives. His options are so limited that nearly half our outfielders were under 20 yesterday. 

Holt should have played last night if not injured - a smart manager would have then just made us hard to beat it's his tactical failings that sets us up like that 

We have no clear style of play I had no idea what he's trying to lay out even with Warburtons shite signings 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I dont think Pedro will see xmas and I think he will lucky to see Halloween. That first team needs £20m spent on and he doesnt have that. 

Nor would I trust someone who can't do any basics with 20 million if we did have it 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Nor would I trust someone who can't do any basics with 20 million if we did have it 

Yup. He is a complete unknown. i wouldn't splurge £20million on an unknown. I would get it someone who knew what they were doing. If I had that money, pedro wouldn't be getting it

The one thing I am clinging to is that the apparent in my eyes worsening of our performances is down to Pedro having basically told folk you are out the door and they are going through the motions. 

If that is the case though then some of his decisions have still been questionable at best. 

Why play toral at all

Why play hill at all

Why is Miller playing anywhere he likes? 

Why set team up to fail, only to then have fall back on get out of jail subs, why not just let it pan out as expected? 

Why make a big deal about Garner then not set up to cross him the ball?

Ultimately he's just a fall guy for the board.

No self respecting manager of any note would take this job with the crumbs Dave and his merry men are putting in. 

We gambled on some no one plying his trade in the complete unknown over someone with experience and knowledge of what's required. 

McCall didn't get a transfer window but we knew he wasn't good enough

Murty didn't get a transfer window but likewise we knew he wasn't good enough.

This notion that he needs to spunk what little money we have to see if he's capable is mind boggling given we have seen him in action for a good bit now and are still all over the shop. But aye let's just fuck up another season falling further behind the sheep and taigs because some folk want to see what this tinkerman will spend our crumbs on. 

It's like seeing a head on collision coming from a distance and not being able to do fuck all about it.

I don't know why folk think we need or will recruit a whole squad of players. Some players are leaving regardless & some will be sold. We need 3 players who command their positions a cdm and cb being the most vital & our injured players to return. I don't mean Kiernan.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

One of these "placid pussies" has pulled out 'injured' on morning of past 2 old firm games yet Pedro has continued to play him.

Maybe he was injured? He will be gone anyway so thankfully won't have to watch him much longer. Its possible that by putting Toral and Barjonas ahead of long term contracted players like Halliday and Holt he's sending a message that they aren't needed. Wouldn't want them hanging around as a wasted wage. Holt at least runs around a lot. 

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

Maybe he was injured? He will be gone anyway so thankfully won't have to watch him much longer. Its possible that by putting Toral and Barjonas ahead of long term contracted players like Halliday and Holt he's sending a message that they aren't needed. Wouldn't want them hanging around as a wasted wage. Holt at least runs around a lot. 

So sending them a message iver the good of our results and losing records is acceptable?

You pick your best and most able team, this isn't primary school 

15 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I don't know why folk think we need or will recruit a whole squad of players. Some players are leaving regardless & some will be sold. We need 3 players who command their positions a cdm and cb being the most vital & our injured players to return. I don't mean Kiernan.

So from this squad what would your best 11 (including 3 new signings) be next season and what would your expectations be assuming they all stayed fit?

Edit

Hill senderos Toral and Hyndman are those leaving for certain. 

Who is being sold?

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Ultimately he's just a fall guy for the board.

No self respecting manager of any note would take this job with the crumbs Dave and his merry men are putting in. 

We gambled on some no one plying his trade in the complete unknown over someone with experience and knowledge of what's required. 

McCall didn't get a transfer window but we knew he wasn't good enough

Murty didn't get a transfer window but likewise we knew he wasn't good enough.

This notion that he needs to spunk what little money we have to see if he's capable is mind boggling given we have seen him in action for a good bit now and are still all over the shop. But aye let's just fuck up another season falling further behind the sheep and taigs because some folk want to see what this tinkerman will spend our crumbs on. 

It's like seeing a head on collision coming from a distance and not being able to do fuck all about it.

Feel like these to paragraphs kinda contradict each other. You've said that no self respecting manager would take what King is offering but then complained that we've had to gamble on an unknown. What's the alternative because what King is offering isn't going to change any time soon.

I'm gonna say that I'm kind of happy we got beat lastnight as shows we can't be happy with current squad and a whole load of cash simply MUST be spent of the  summer or ticket sales WILL drop. To be honest we aren't looking to get the league title for a while yet but have to be able to start building towards this on yearly basis.   Second place with a cup is a step forward next season what some may want.

2 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

My main worry is that we will undoubtedly sign a better quality of player than we have right now. We may come closer to Celtic we even may win a trophy. But we still won't come near Celtic.

And you know what, most of our fans will be happy with that. Because they will say "look were we were last season"!

Its not good enough. 

I doubt we will get to the group stages in Europe.

I give it to the first old firm game to judge the manager, then all hell will break loose on the board.

You're right it's not good enough, but we are not in a position to to give this manager or any other the funds to challenge to scum. That challenge will only come with adequate investment from either this board or another, so unless we try to actively drive this shower out, I can't see much changing on the park, with PC or without him.

We are trying to build a squad to be more competitive in this league with limited funds, but they are building to make an  impact in the CL. That's a wealth of difference. Brenda has been given a four year deal, now that shows they are serious and will back him, as failure would cost a mint to get rid of him.

I'm afraid we are looking to improve in baby steps with this board and for me it would be unrealistic to have big expectations next season or the next. A serious reduction in the points gap is about all I would be looking at. It is an unacceptable situation, but there's not much we can do about it.

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

I disagree. He is going to be a total disaster for our club. Yes the players are poor we all agree however his lack of tactical ability and his inability to set the team up is alarming these are the basics of management the team has no shape players have no idea how he wants to play it's a shambles. Now here is the big question...  do we keep him hope when he brings in his own players it improves i  Or do we ditch him now cut our losses and appoint a safe pair of hands 

i don't think we can keep him as the writing is on the wall  and by the end of September we will be out of Europe and struggling in the league lumbered with more duds and yet another season written off 

get rid now might cost 2m but it will still cost 2m at Xmas or before at least going now will allow a safe pair of hands a bit of time albeit with no money to try and put together a team 

he was a ridiculous appointment a gamble when we couldn't afford to gamble and the clowns who appointed him must go too(Robertson and Park jr)

Yep, i accept we have a lot of diddys in the team, but a good manager should be able to set them up making them hard to beat as a minimum.

I hope Pedro is just experimenting atm and trying out different players & tactics before he settles on who he keeps and who gets binned.

However i fear that he just talks a good game and could turn out to be another dumpling himself.

We will know by October at the latest IMO whether Pedro is going to turn it around, I am hoping he can with some better players.

It is a worrying time that is for sure, and with about 35K season tickets renewed the board better do their part when bringing in players, once again the fans have done our bit.

The downside of appointing a new manager before the end of the season was always going to be the fact that he would have to work with the existing squad, and it was highly un likely that there would be a sudden transformation in performances.   The upside was that he would get a good look at the players, make his decisions about them, and have the chance (if King delivers on his promises) to bring in some much needed new blood well before the start of the new pre-season schedule.  So, the real  judgment on PC is surely yet to come.  

17 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Feel like these to paragraphs kinda contradict each other. You've said that no self respecting manager would take what King is offering but then complained that we've had to gamble on an unknown. What's the alternative because what King is offering isn't going to change any time soon.

Yes and that's what's happened. Make no mistake though there were other safer options than Pedro but we gambled on him rather than try something we have maybe had before. 

We are fucked whichever way you look at it, we have a poor squad, poor board and a poor manager. It's bleak times at this club and only a shit load of money and a sacking spree will save us.

28 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He wasn't injured, he shat the bed. He never tried a leg on saturday yet started last night and prceeded to do the exact same.

If he thinks Barjonas has potential then play him, if not then start Holt. Is he the answer- no but at least he'd try.

31 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

So sending them a message iver the good of our results and losing records is acceptable?

You pick your best and most able team, this isn't primary school 

This season is done, he's here early to make sure we are better next season. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Yes and that's what's happened. Make no mistake though there were other safer options than Pedro but we gambled on him rather than try something we have maybe had before. 

We are fucked whichever way you look at it, we have a poor squad, poor board and a poor manager. It's bleak times at this club and only a shit load of money and a sacking spree will save us.

Who would the safer options be though? McLeish or Davies? One of them had his time and signed some of the worst players we've had in recent times and would arguably be working with an even tighter budget this time, the other went into his last job and sacked his entire backroom staff and tried to run the whole club on his own. Loose cannon.

The only solution to our problems is major investment and the sad reality of our situation is that it's just not going to happen with King at the helm.

As always this will come down to money. If Pedro is backed with players of the calibre of Alves and  Naismith then we have a chance. If it's Holt and Crooks etc we are fucked. We need men, experienced internationals who don't accept shite. I'm surprised Hill is being allowed to go but hopefully that indicates we have better arriving 

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And how do you know that mystic Meg? 

Because the guy has been in charge for 10 or 11 games and we have actually gotten worse. I said it last night that we hammered MW for not having a plan B but Pedro doesn't even have a plan A. 

That's before we even get into the other side of the argument where he gives away our team formations, talks shite about how tough he is and tops it off by telling all the players that still may be needed in the last weeks of the season that he is ditching them.

Carcrash of a manager who has all the hallmarks of another pieman 

Embarrassing shouting for Pedro's head tbh.

Give the guy time, let him bring in his own players and judge him then. He has obviously asked the players to play in a way that is outwith their capabilities. This is turn, has shown him where to strengthen and who to get rid of.

Imo, the target of European qualification has been achieved. I think he and the board only stated that the targets when he came in were to win the Scottish Cup and to finish 2nd as they knew the fans would accept nothing less.

Having the players try to play in a way that is beyond them is a clear message to the board that we need real investment in our team. If Pedro was overly bothered about results atm (bearing in mind that Europe is guaranteed) then I think he would set up in a resilient way using the squad to best effect. He hasn't, he has played them in the style in which he wants to play in the long run which has exposed their total ineptitude so that he can show the fans, board etc how brutal they really are and to get backed properly in the search for real quality. 

Just my opinion.