Lies, Damned Lies & Invincibles

The Dude

There's a famous quote, popularised by Mark Twain and erroneously attributed to former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disreali, that says, "there are three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies and statistics". At a time where everyone is falling over themselves in the rush to canonise Brendan Rodgers and his 'Invincibles', the quote has never seemed more suited to Scottish football as Rangers fans are left wondering if they simply imagined the treble-winning 1992/93 season that saw Rangers go an astonishing 44 games unbeaten in ALL competitions.

Read more: http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2017/5/31/15718242/lies-damned-lies-invincibles-spfl-rangers-celtic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's a famous quote, popularised by Mark Twain and erroneously attributed to former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disreali, that says, "there are three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies and statistics". At a time where everyone is falling over themselves in the rush to canonise Brendan Rodgers and his 'Invincibles', the quote has never seemed more suited to Scottish football as Rangers fans are left wondering if they simply imagined the treble-winning 1992/93 season that saw Rangers go an astonishing 44 games unbeaten in ALL competitions.

Read more: http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2017/5/31/15718242/lies-damned-lies-invincibles-spfl-rangers-celtic

Did that not meet editorial standards at the Record? Surprise. 

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Will this be your next post in Record mate

1 minute ago, quabba said:

I would of thought that would have been a good topic for the record, no :whistle:

It may have been but I wasn't due them anything today and wanted to get it up before it got lost in the shuffle on the several new signings expected over the next few days.

As amazing as the 92/93 run was, the fact remains we weren't unbeaten that season and they are. But that doesn't matter.

We shouldn't need to bring up any run of games to try and compare it to their hollow meaningless shadow of a season.

We are and always will be better than them in every way. Filthy cunts.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

When's the Record running this?

They're not. I never sent them it as I'm not due them a blog just now and I wanted to put it out before the signings all started coming in and it was lost in the shuffle. 

I do have something planned for my next Record blog which I'm sure will be well received on here. It's funny though, for a forum where so many claim not to read the Record there's been quite a few asking why it's not in the Record. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They're not. I never sent them it as I'm not due them a blog just now and I wanted to put it out before the signings all started coming in and it was lost in the shuffle. 

I do have something planned for my next Record blog which I'm sure will be well received on here. It's funny though, for a forum where so many claim not to read the Record there's been quite a few asking why it's not in the Record. 

I'm ripping the piss, mate :lol: 

That's a great article, the way their season has been reported is Fucking embarrassing, then again you couldn't redden their necks with a blow torch. 

What a season that was, shame it was before my time. 

Shared it among my mates, they'll appreciate it. 

Just now, TheBluebells said:

That's a great article, the way their season has been reported is Fucking embarrassing, then again you couldn't redden their necks with a blow torch. 

What a season that was, shame it was before my time. 

Shared it among my mates, they'll appreciate it. 

Cheers.

Unrelated to your post, but as I've said more than a few times now, there's more than one way to skin a cat. No point going all guns blazing on everything right from the word go (not to mention, it's no really my style). Steady, consistent positive stuff is much more effective imo than a one-shot thing calling everything and everyone out.