Fan Zone

PRW.

This was posted on FF and then confirmed by Marshall. Club working hard behind the scenes to make it happen.

Rangers are negotiating a deal to see the club transform the Edmiston Drive area into a Man City style Fanzone. 

Talks are ongoing with councillors at Glasgow City Council over the Ibrox Complex Football pitch currently occupied by Glasgow Life. Stewart Robertson has been pressing hard with this deal and although nothing has been set in stone the club are confident that we can have something in place in the future. 

Any move would see the football complex moved to the site where the old flats stood next to the car park. 

It is an exciting prospect and you would think would tie in with the surrounding area of the stadium being upgraded in line with the clubs ambition for project 2020.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

This was posted on FF and then confirmed by Marshall. Club working hard behind the scenes to make it happen.

They've lopped 2 years off of Project 2022 in that post.

The whole area is badly in need of regeneration, shame theres not a major international sporting event coming up in Glasgow that the council could use to help improve the area around Ibrox.:whistle:

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Ed House CIC, this has been discussed by @thebooler for months, despite denials and deflection looks like he had his finger on the pulse.  

Will the 'fan zone' be managed by the louden?

Its nothing to do with the Marshall/Loudens project. Completely different, he mentioned theirs should be announced before the start of the season.

Good idea hope it takes off and is just the start. 

There are loads of marketing and money making opportunities the club is missing out on. 

Such as the stadium tours you don't even get any extra on school holidays. Should be advertised everywhere that they are on.

Ibrox should be a place everyone can experience every day of the week not just match days. 

I would start with a tour everyday of the week and a cafe at the ground. I know there's the restaurant but there should be a wee type sports bar that's opened 7 days a week get fans and tourists to the stadium.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Its nothing to do with the Marshall/Loudens project. Completely different, he mentioned theirs should be announced before the start of the season.

I expect like the fans groups that at some point there will be a conflation of projects, time will tell.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I expect like the fans groups that at some point there will be a conflation of projects, time will tell.

Doubt it.

Also couldny care less if there was. This is a fantastic idea to improve the area around Ibrox and make it our own. 

23 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Ed House CIC, this has been discussed by @thebooler for months, despite denials and deflection looks like he had his finger on the pulse.  

Will the 'fan zone' be managed by the louden?

If it is owned/controlled/managed by the Marshalls, I will have nothing to do with it. 

17 minutes ago, GazzaNumber8 said:

So that'll be a no from GCC then.

Exactly, however, if we played in green, the cooncil would be falling over themselves, probably even giving us land for £1 to build it on. Nah, who would give away land on the cheap to a football club? :innocent:

22 minutes ago, The Beast said:

If it is owned/controlled/managed by the Marshalls, I will have nothing to do with it. 

Can imagine the scene. 

Sun out, music on, thousands out having a pint, having a sing song. Yer mates decide they're going in but you tell them naw, Robert Marshall had a hand in that, yer no goin in. :lol: 

Its OK anyway, he doesn't.

Hopefully, this benefits the club rather than private enterprises then I'm 100% for it.

All money earned of us should be spent on the pitch(players) or the Stadium, We have to find new way's of bringing in more money to the Club..

Totally necessary. The area around Ibrox badly needs to be developed as a wider fanzone. 

Some kind of Rangers plaza in front of the Main Stand, the pitches having been moved, would give me a leaky semi for at least a year.