• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, five stars said:

What same infringement?

Same player?

Same referee?

Different punishment.

In my opinion the one with Aberdeen was a clear cut headbutt even though Garner went down like a shot crow. Honestly can't remember who the Ref was that day, would be interesting to find out. I'm sure he got a yellow for it. 

Just checked it was Kevin Clancy. 

46 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That stat in itself is the most damning, when you realise that Hibs should've easily finished the game with 3 sent off and have had no complaint. 

Just wish we could get a real captain that would do unto them as they do to us and question why they get off with fouls that we get penalised for.

1 hour ago, ranter said:

Just wish we could get a real captain that would do unto them as they do to us and question why they get off with fouls that we get penalised for.

Would be great, would probably get sent off for questioning the Ref. ??

After watching the way the cheatin betton spoke to Candeias in that first half that may not be so far from the truth. 

15 hours ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

This is what I understood to be the norm:

• 2 players push heads together - both are booked
  • 1 player headbutts the other player - red card
  • 1 player intends to headbutt the other player and doesn't make contact - red card
  • Player makes headbutt motion with his head but doesn't intend to make contact with the other player - it should be a yellow

If he did make contact with that motion it's a red. If he didn't make contact then the appeal could be on the grounds that there was no intent and it might get downgraded to a yellow. If the ref has mentioned in report there was either contact or intent to make contact then I reckon the appeal will just get thrown out.

the problem is as always interpretation by the ref. law is 2 players head to head both are red no intentional head to head contact allowed. interpretation ref sees it as hand bags no intent to cause injury so gives yellows in law he is wrong. but have to admit to doing this myself. sometimes even the atmosphere of the game can decide if its red or yellow.

if the player making the head butt motion is obviously to far away to make contact then the ref has some discretion he can view it as a threat and still red card him if he is being a twat but the option is there most would just have a word but keep it in mind for later in the game and then he gets a yellow or red for what most see as minor infringements but that threat is still in the refs mind so totting up he gets a yellow for silly stuff. sometimes this is why we as fans get wound up by daft yellow cards we tend to miss or forget in the heat of the game all that the player has done or if the ref has spoken to him as a warning.

the problem with the intent is like in a court how do you prove what a persons intent was you cant as nobody knows what is going on in someone's head at that time. so the panel look at it see the movement towards another player and view it as a threat meaning violent conduct / threatening behaviour appeal binned.

like I said before I am not defending the ref here as I only seen it on bbc highlights but even in that airbrushed segment you could see beaton had a howler. would expect him to be injured next week but with the sfa/spfl I doubt it will happen

No chance we will win on appeal, they will just point to Jack trying to headbutt someone without bringing the provocation into it, and for anyone hoping Beaton would get demoted after his display on Saturday he is scheduled to be one of Scotlands referees in Europe this week. Almost like a promotion. 

Guest Lloyd72
4 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

No chance we will win on appeal, they will just point to Jack trying to headbutt someone without bringing the provocation into it, and for anyone hoping Beaton would get demoted after his display on Saturday he is scheduled to be one of Scotlands referees in Europe this week. Almost like a promotion. 

He's refereeing a championship game next week, same as CT. I know we hate they cunts but stick to facts when you slate them ffs

56 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's refereeing a championship game next week, same as CT. I know we hate they cunts but stick to facts when you slate them ffs

I'm sure I read on here  that he was on European duty. If he has been demoted then quality because he clearly isn't up to standard. 

10 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Aye, 4 different hearings today for red cards at the weekend!

No doubt they could have wrapped it up in a single sitting, but at a cost of £1000 per appeal hearing then it sounds like a decent money maker for the SPFL.

On 15/08/2017 at 11:24 AM, GWR1979 said:

Surely if the ref's been demoted that means we will get our appeal won?