***Rangers Development Fixtures***

Laudrup1984

FOLLOWING the launch, at the end of last season, of our unique games programme for our Development Squad we are now pleased to confirm the fixture list for the remainder of the first half of this season.

Read below link for further info and to give the Club hits........

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/development-squad-fixtures/

However, for ease, the upcoming fixtures are as follows:

28 August to 5 September – U19 internationals
12 September – Brighton & Hove Albion (H)
16 September – Man City (A)
26 September – Leicester City (H)
1 October – Brentford (A)
10 October – Tottenham Hotspur (H)
17 October – AZ Alkmaar (A)
27 October – Liverpool (H or A – tbc)
29 October – SFA Youth Cup
2 November – Mechelen (A)
5 November to 15 November – U19 internationals
15 November – Berwick Rangers 1st team (testimonial) (A)
22 November – SFA Youth Cup
27 November – Benfica (A)
5 December – Queen of the South 1st team (A)
tbc December – Southampton (A)
16 December – Everton (A)
8 to 21 January – Spanish training camp involving 3 games against La Liga opposition
27 January – SFA Youth Cup

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Hopefully get to a few of the home games.

It's good to have a bit more clarity up until Christmas for any of us who are able to go. Recently you've not really been aware we've been playing until a day or so before, or even that day which is too short notice for most of us. Looks exciting............

Ajax, PSG, Inter, Copenhagen, Marseille & Chelsea too.

Well done to Muholland, these players are going to face teams that would probably beat some of the shite in the SPL. Challenged like they never have been before

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Well done to Muholland, these players are going to face teams that would probably beat some of the shite in the SPL. Challenged like they never have been before

Where is that mate the other fixtures ? 

Click on the link .... at the very bottom it reads .....

Agreement has been reached in principle with the following clubs to play between February and May – Ajax, Chelsea, Inter Milan, PSG, PSV, RB Leipzig, Copenhagen and Marseille with dates just to be confirmed and agreed. Return legs will also be played against many of the teams we play in the first half of the season. We will also include further games against SPFL lower league 1st teams to challenge our players against men.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

At the very minimum i'll do Brentford and Southampton.

A few days in Spain in January could be a goer. Hopefully when they say Spain they actually mean the Canaries, and not somewhere rainy like Galicia :lol: 

Was looking at Brentford myself they are West London aren't they ? 

Can get return flights to Heathrow go down morning of game and back at night for about £75.... 

Think it was Valencia last year. 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Was looking at Brentford myself they are West London aren't they ? 

Can get return flights to Heathrow go down morning of game and back at night for about £75.... 

Yep. Very easy to get to and its a cracking wee ground. No idea why they want to move from there to be honest.

There is also a pub on every corner of the ground.

They are a bit interesting because they have done away with their youth academy and I think sign guys for their development squad when they get released from other academies.

6 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

I hope some of the home games are played at Ibrox . Love to go along to these games 

Most of the games will be available to go to just if Ibrox doesn't have a game on they will get moved to other grounds. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

At the very minimum i'll do Brentford and Southampton.

A few days in Spain in January could be a goer. Hopefully when they say Spain they actually mean the Canaries, and not somewhere rainy like Galicia :lol: 

Problem with the January period is that Rangers first team may go somewhere for winter break so I'd hold off booking that.

Will book Benfica and Alkmaar maybe tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Problem with the January period is that Rangers first team may go somewhere for winter break so I'd hold off booking that.

Will book Benfica and Alkmaar maybe tomorrow. 

Good shout mate.

I really want to do the European aways but i'm likely to be starting a new job soon and i'm worried if I book I won't be able to get time off.

I'm pissed off I only found out about Feyenoord the day of the game. Would have been there in a heartbeat. 

5 hours ago, PRW. said:

Sure they're as good as Hamilton?

I remember when there used to be the old Reserve League, and we'd be playing the same team, as the 1st team were, but at opposite grounds. Some reserve games at Ibrox, where they only opened the enclosure, and main stand, as it was then, could be pretty packed out, especially the enclosure, which was a lot cheaper. (The main stand could've been empty for all I know, as I always went to the enclosure.)

I was living in Edinburgh, a good while back, and the reserves were playing Hearts at Tynecastle. I decided to go to the game, as I'd been working until lunchtime, and might not have made it through to Ibrox on time. 

It was the same there, enclosure, and main stand open, and it was pretty full. There were quite a few Rangers fans at the game, and when we scored early on, there were cheering from different sections. As the 2nd half got underway, you could move from one side of the enclosure to the next, and I decided to move as it was all old Hearts fans about me. When I moved I was quite surprised at the amount of Rangers fans at the game. There was enough for a few of the traditional songs to get sung, and when the team scored again, it felt better cheering them amongst our own.

I used to go to a few reserve games, when the 1st team games were called off, and remember being at Ibrox against the taigs( we weren't playing them til the Sunday) The place was packed, but it was still just the enclosure and main stand open. It was a good day out, and usually cheap as well. I wonder why they changed it all? I moved too far away to go to any reserve games later, but if I still lived in the central belt, I'd go along to some of the 'Wee'  team games, if I couldn't get to the 'Big' team game for any reason.??